Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2019, 04:50 AM   #1

15000 mile service cost

I am looking for info regarding the expected cost of the 15,000 mile/12 month service as outlined in the Freightliner service manual. I have a call into Gaffney but no reply yet. What are other paying for this service?
Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2019, 05:36 AM   #2

When I contacted our local Freightliner shop, they quoted me an approximate cost of $1700.00.

Karen & Allen Van Zandt
txcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:09 AM   #3

I use a Freightliner Service Center up in Morton Illinois while I'm in that area during a summer stay. They have 3 or 4 centers around central Illinois and have a good reputation.

5,500 miles: $735.00 for complete PM engine/chassis plus generator service.
14,370 miles: $717.36 for complete PM engine/chassis plus generator service.

They advised that next trip in my air filter would probably be due so that may take the next service up to around $1,000.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:41 AM   #4

I had a local heavy truck shop do the annual engine/chassis PM service on our MADP last Saturday and it was $518 total. That did not include the generator service because they did not have the filter in stock so I had them drain the generator oil (no additional charge) and I sourced and installed the oil and oil, fuel and air filters myself on Tuesday in about a half hour.

I was very happy with the work they did and they were very accommodating, getting me in and out very quickly because we full-time.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdnash View Post
I am looking for info regarding the expected cost of the 15,000 mile/12 month service as outlined in the Freightliner service manual. I have a call into Gaffney but no reply yet. What are other paying for this service?
Thanks
I had 15K/12mo service done at FL in Gaffney last month. Cost was $1,082 including annual generator service.
BuckyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:17 AM   #6

Thanks for the replies. It seems the costs vary widely. My cost will end up being around the $1,700.00 mark. Local FL shop quoted $1,500.00 - $2,200.00 range. This service will include everything on the FL checklist including changing diff lube, hub lube on the front and tag axles, complete driveline lube, and fan gearbox lube change (which is a bear to get to), oil and filter change, fuel filters, etc. When I spoke to Gaffney service they quoted around $700.00. When I went down the 15000 mile list there were many things that they said were not needed. They also had many openings to schedule. I think I will try Gaffney next time if I can work it into a trip.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:10 AM   #7

Labor rates will obviously vary in different regions. However, the way my FL mechanic explained it to me was they have a specific check list of items that have to be serviced and inspected at different PM intervals. The list is published by FL and since he has been trained and certified by FL he goes by exactly what they publish.

My 15,000 mile PM (done at 14,370 miles) took them approximately 5 hours to complete. It was a little more than the first one so they had a second mechanic assisting. The FL service center I use up here adjusts their labor rate down slightly for PMs as compared to regular mechanic repair work. That could be another reason why it is cheaper in this area compared to Florida.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:52 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Orlando Freightliner. Yes or No?

Hello all, I have a 2014 Ventana 4369 with a 400hp Cummins in a Freightliner chassis. Ready for my annual service and wonder if anyone has used Orlando Freightliner and what were there impressions, good or bad. Prefer not to drive to Gaffney if possible.
Also is it 10K or 15K for service by mileage?
bdozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:59 AM   #9

I have used them on our previous coach. Bret is their RV service manager. I have not had good experiences there. Seems like they like working on dump trucks more. They are very close to me so that is a shame. Cummins (Coach Care) is a mile from Orlando FL and I like their service much better.
Just my opinion.