RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2019, 05:50 PM   #1

17 DS - NO HOT WATER when Zone 3 furnace is running

Has anyone had this problem?

specmga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2019, 07:11 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you have a OASIS Heater all furnace info in this link should cover your problem.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 06:28 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";5039856]If you have a OASIS Heater all furnace info in [B][URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/important-information-for-newmar-owners-375453.html
this link[/URL][/B] should cover your problem.
Ahem, I just looked at "This Link" that you suggested... There's 137 links on that page (as near as I can count)... Could you be a little more specific as to Which Link "This Link" is??
Old 11-17-2019, 09:03 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
No need to read all links, for your Oasis problem just the ones here to give you input as to how your Oasis works.

OR you could do a Newmar search which is explained in the 137 links and ask the question.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:16 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by specmga1 View Post
Has anyone had this problem?
I'll take a stab at this if you are still having issues with no hot water when zone 3 furnace is operating.
On a Hydrohot/Aquahot unit there is a low temp cutoff sensor that gives priority to hot water. If hot water demand is called for, the running furnace zones will temporarily stop circulating, blower fans stop, and will remain off until the hot water is at correct operating temperature. At this point the furnace zones will resume the normal operation. If this is not occurring, it may be a bad temp sensor or whatever Oasis calls this.
Another consideration is the temperature of the incoming water. During really cold outdoor temps, some will use tank supplied water to offset the incoming city water temp.
I'm sure Oasis systems give priority to hot water over furnace. Give ITR a call. Others have reported a very good experience with their tech support.
If your running zone 1 furnace, the hot water is still good? It would be odd to only experience the lack of hot water with only one zone and not others.
Hope this gives you some direction,
Steve
SteveR161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:47 AM   #6
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
If you are just on the electric heating elements and are using a lot of hot water, then the oasis will differ to hot water and turn heating off. Try using the diesel burner. That should keep every thing working.

Then again you may have the opposite issue I am having. My control valves are stuck open and I have boiler fluid running through my pipes all the time. Having repaired as I type.
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR161 View Post
I'll take a stab at this if you are still having issues with no hot water when zone 3 furnace is operating.
On a Hydrohot/Aquahot unit there is a low temp cutoff sensor that gives priority to hot water. If hot water demand is called for, the running furnace zones will temporarily stop circulating, blower fans stop, and will remain off until the hot water is at correct operating temperature. At this point the furnace zones will resume the normal operation. If this is not occurring, it may be a bad temp sensor or whatever Oasis calls this.
Another consideration is the temperature of the incoming water. During really cold outdoor temps, some will use tank supplied water to offset the incoming city water temp.
I'm sure Oasis systems give priority to hot water over furnace. Give ITR a call. Others have reported a very good experience with their tech support.
If your running zone 1 furnace, the hot water is still good? It would be odd to only experience the lack of hot water with only one zone and not others.
Hope this gives you some direction,
Steve
Thanks for your input. I will call ITR. And yes, I have no problems if Zone 1 furnace is running - only when Zone 3 furnace is running.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:59 PM   #8
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Followup. Like I said you seem to have the opposite issue I have/had.

The great folks a NIRVC diagnosed my problem. The boiler fluid flow valve was defective. In my case the internal flapper was being held open by parts that were not assembled properly. You might have a valve that is being held closed. Just one avenue you might want to pursue.
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 07:42 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Pdmeehan
specmga1,

Please post what you find to be the problem. Thanks!
Old 11-18-2019, 11:21 PM   #10

I think it is a stuck valve. Open up the box with the control Valves and give them a rap.
Breezy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:40 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdmeehan View Post
specmga1,

Please post what you find to be the problem. Thanks!
I am going to call ITR today and will post what they tell me.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:55 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by specmga1 View Post
I am going to call ITR today and will post what they tell me.
I've been curious. Any updates as to why no hot water when zone 3 furnace is running?

SteveR161 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, furnace, ace