Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2015, 08:58 PM   #1

1984 London Aire 27' Prince III W/6.9L Class C

Hi all!!

Purchased a new RV, well, new to me but about 30 years old. How 'rare' are these RV's? I haven't seen any around before, don't see them listed for sale, and can't find much about them online either!

She is in pretty good shape, the unique look and Overbuilt quality is what made me buy it, R14 in the Roof/floor and R7 in the walls, solid oak cabinets, all aluminum exterior riveted to the Aluminum frame lid on a sheet of aluminum over the Chassis and then 2 layers of 5/8" flooring. As with any RV that is 30 years old she has some cosmetic issues, needs a few gaskets, lots of cleaning, and some updating!

Anyways, I'm in MN and in need of everything I can get! LOL Actually I am in need of the gaskets for the large side windows mostly, the others DO need them but aren't leaking just yet. I would also like any 'layout' of them. I have the brochure from the newmar sight and it shows the floor plan, but I'm interested in the heating system info, tank/drains/lines run, things like that. I contacted Newmar a few weeks ago and haven't heard a ting back yet. :-(
Psychowolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2015, 09:52 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum & irv2.
Just checked the Brochure and not sure what I can feed you for other equipment.

Its funny was just thinking about this same coach and wondered if there may be some still around, had to sell our KSCA 03 3740 because of health reasons.

In this link there are many links to different items that might cover some of your issues and below in my signature are other links you maybe able to relate too.

You could change the search item in this link and see what you might come up with.

Here is a link all about windows found in QT's # 3 and here is one of my links on windows that might help you out.

LA's were the top of the line when they were LADP's years later.
Here is a LADP Owners Guide for 1997 the lowest we have.

Not sure what your Appliances are but this link may cover them.

Just found this one on Goggle.
If you need further help just ask, enjoy your GEM and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:36 AM   #3

WOW! Thank You Mr Bond! I'll have to go look through the links carefully and come back with more questions! LOL

I like the older RV looks, I was looking for a Dodge Travco actually but the people want a mint for them and the referb/parts are kinda Nuts to find! (Not to mention the price!) So when i saw this up for sale, I did some quick research and found out they are a really good quality coach and I bought it. The man thought it was one of the 24' ones but it is the 27' Prince III according to the floor plan in the brochure. Not sure what RV's sold for back then but this one has the Bill of Sale for around $43K in 1984 dollars!

I do like having a classic RV that doesn't look like everyone else's even if your just trying to find it in a big lot! LOL The Travco I was interested in was a nice looker with cherry cabinets and about 75K miles. used a few times a year but the brakes failed on it, thats 'all' they said (LOL Yea...) but getting info from them and stuff was like pulling teeth! So, I just stopped asking and moved on...

Here is a link of an 84 27' Duke. Mine has the door to the rear but otherwise it looks almost the same. I don't have regular RV windows, just the black tinted ones with the crank out lower window part. http://www.viewrvs.com/class-c/londo...-duke-27-a.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";2646757]Welcome to the forum & irv2.
Just checked the [B][URL="http://www.newmarcorp.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/1984la.pdf
Brochure[/URL][/B] and not sure what I can feed you for other equipment.

Its funny was just thinking about this same coach and wondered if there may be some still around, had to sell our KSCA 03 3740 because of health reasons.

In this link there are many links to different items that might cover some of your issues and below in my signature are other links you maybe able to relate too.

You could change the search item in this link and see what you might come up with.

Here is a link all about windows found in QT's # 3 and here is one of my links on windows that might help you out.

LA's were the top of the line when they were LADP's years later.
Here is a LADP Owners Guide for 1997 the lowest we have.

Not sure what your Appliances are but this link may cover them.

Just found this one on Goggle.
If you need further help just ask, enjoy your GEM and safe travels.
Psychowolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:00 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
A door to the rear might indicate you have a rear kitchen setup.
No it has a rear bath and coach where front door would be, better arrangement for furniture.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:24 AM   #5

Nice unit. Kinda look like a Born free in its curves, etc. In these older units, there is NO substitute for crawling around and checking everything for your self. If it has plastic plumbing and copper clench fittings, know that the plastic can get brittle over time and slip off the fittings. Don't ask how I know that.

I had, some years ago, a 1987 34 ft Londonaire travel trailer with a couch slide in the front, reported to be the first traielr with a slide. It really was an awesome unit! but had some unattended roof leaks on the outer edge of the rubber roof that undermined the integrity of the roof material (not the aluminum). Would have been an easy but expensive repair so I chose not to keep it. BUT, I always kinda missed it, it was an awesome camper.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:01 PM   #6

Hello Psychowolff,

This thread inquiry is from 1915. But, if you still have your 1984 London Aire, I can provide you with some pertinent information. My wife, Ellen, and I just acquired a 1984 Newmar London Aire Duke. We have all the owners manuals, along with additional references I have researched.

Alan
ptgolfer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:19 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome back Alan good to see you, This is the download you provided of you coach if people are interested.
How is the coach holding up it must be one of the oldest Newmars on the road.
Have you ever been to the Newmar factory they would be proud to see your coach.
He has not been here since that first day in 2015 if you click on his name he may have a E-MAIL address you maybe able to get him.
We maybe should start a club.
Old 11-01-2020, 12:31 PM   #8

Hi there!
I'm going to look at the Prince version of this RV tomorrow and I'm seriously thinking about getting it. I've owned a skoolie and have a van in England (with a stealthy tiny house inside) but this would be my first RV. I love the look of this model and would like to find out all I can about them. It doesn't look like this thread has been active for some time now, but if anyone has any recent links to info about the 1984 London Aire and its systems I'd love to hear them!
I'll be renovating the interior if I do get this one - it's very tired inside - and will share pictures as I go.
greybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:31 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome graybird to the forum and good luck on your acquaresition of your LA, have not heard from previous owners in a while but some of the links still work I checked.
Will see if I can find anything to add as Newmar has changed somethings.
I will be going into COM_NET for info on the coach's which you can also, the link is found in this sticky and many older items can be found in link in my signature.
Found this Brochure in com_net.
Not sure what you may find for a Owners Guide, IRV2 has changed servers over the years.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";5505440]Welcome graybird to the forum and good luck on your acquaresition of your LA, have not heard from previous owners in a while but some of the links still work I checked.
Will see if I can find anything to add as Newmar has changed somethings.
I will be going into [B][URL="https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/new-instructions-for-use-of-com_net-network-217912.html
COM_NET[/URL][/B] for info on the coach's which you can also, the link is found in this sticky and many older items can be found in link in my signature.
Found this Brochure in com_net.
Not sure what you may find for a Owners Guide, IRV2 has changed servers over the years.
Thank you!
I ended up passing on it - there was too much concerning damage to the body, especially around the seams. But I fell in love with that model and I'm on the lookout for one still!
Thanks for the info and links, 007.
greybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c