Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2019, 05:15 PM   #1

1st night at Newmar new Service Center RV Park

We were here at Newmar last July when the new service center opened and we are back for the very 1st night at the new service center RV park. Looks like around 25 all Newmar coaches here. Very nice facility with big sites, grass, full hook up and right across the street from service area. Newmar has really made a big investment in their new service center along with RV park. On Friday we take the early 8:30 extended tour which we were told is between 2 1/2 to 3 hours long. We are very impressed with our 1st day here at Camp Newmar.
Newmar Man
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0479.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	458.6 KB
ID:	252853   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0480.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	467.4 KB
ID:	252854  

tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2019, 06:50 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My wife and I were at the Newmar Service Center the week of 06/24 for warranty work. First class operation. Sure wish the new campground was open then. We arrived Sunday evening and went to the Pla-Mor campground in Bremen because both sections of the old Newmar campground were full. Just when we got set up a fire truck rolls through the campground with the PA blaring "Tornadoes in the area". There was a tornado on the ground just a couple of miles from the campground towards South Bend. Ended up at the tornado shelter in the Mennonite church in Nappanee. The new campground looks first class in every way, just like the new service center. Enjoy your stay, and enjoy the area.
ScotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:52 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks for the update. I'll be there sat. or sun. for a Monday appointment. We left home this morning heading that way.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:38 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
All I have not looked in the manual for process to make service/warranty apt, sort of feel foolish asking here, but exactly what is the process? How far out should I book it, was thinking about 20th of October, would that be far enough out to get it setup? Do I make RV Park reservations at the same time? Thank you in advance
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 12:49 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
get on horn to them soon, they are booked out months in advance. I have a sept apt we made when we picked up coach in March. Trying to work in some warranty work for same period and have not heard back yet. Start with the rep you work with for issues, on window sticker. or call service direct. they have to quote work, you have to agree to quote, and then you can ask for schedule date.

best of luck.
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:13 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Tom, thanks for the pics! Looks great.

How many spots does the new park have?
richpatty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renipladlo View Post
All I have not looked in the manual for process to make service/warranty apt, sort of feel foolish asking here, but exactly what is the process? How far out should I book it, was thinking about 20th of October, would that be far enough out to get it setup? Do I make RV Park reservations at the same time? Thank you in advance
We called in June for a requested September or October date. They gave us an October date. You may get an October date but I would certainly call today. Wouldn't it be fun if we were site mates?
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:57 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
We were here at Newmar last July when the new service center opened and we are back for the very 1st night at the new service center RV park. Looks like around 25 all Newmar coaches here. Very nice facility with big sites, grass, full hook up and right across the street from service area. Newmar has really made a big investment in their new service center along with RV park. On Friday we take the early 8:30 extended tour which we were told is between 2 1/2 to 3 hours long. We are very impressed with our 1st day here at Camp Newmar.
Newmar Man
Tom, how long are those sites? Since we tow a 24' enclosed trailer we are right at 73' long when hooked up. Last year we had to drop the trailer off in the employees lot which I didn't like.

Thanks in advance.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:19 AM   #9

Without counting there appears to be 30 plus sites. The site we are in is in the middle row and must be 75 ft. or maybe a little more. Not all site that long but everyone with 45 ft. coaches have their tow in the site with them. You shouldn't have a problem with 73 ft. Sites are very wide, level, concrete, and full services. Only think missing from a resort site would be your picnic table. There are about 12 sites open at this time.
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:36 AM   #10
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
I am envious, after having just spent three weeks at the old Camp Newmar while some issues with our coach were being resolved. Being able to just walk across the street to the Service Center would be great.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:56 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
When I did my FPU, they just took me out to the service center parking lot at night and plugged me in there. Nice and peaceful as I was the only one there.
My Picture is from that spot.
toneil7163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:37 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renipladlo View Post
Do I make RV Park reservations at the same time? Thank you in advance

Hi Renipladlo,

No need to make a reservation for New Camp Newmar (NCN) as it is just part of your service appointment- they will be expecting you, and will leave the lights on.

Lynn
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:58 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by richpatty View Post
Hey Tom, thanks for the pics! Looks great.

How many spots does the new park have?

Ok, so Sandy Foster and I just took a walk around the entire New Camp Newmar (NCN) and we counted all the sites. Unfortunately, we were also chatting about visiting Yellowstone so by the time we got all the way around NCN we forgot what the exact count is. ��

There is one row of 28 back in sites facing south, one of which is being used.

There are 10 diagonal pull throughs in the center row - 8 have a NW/SE orientation, 2 have a NE/SW orientation. These sites are CPU sites, although there are no signs there yet so you would not know it yet.

The last row, closest to the New Service Center and directly across the street from it, has 24 back in North facing sites.

That should add up to 62 sites. 10 for CPU and 52 for Service.

Lynn
Old 07-11-2019, 02:21 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJOE View Post
Tom, how long are those sites? Since we tow a 24' enclosed trailer we are right at 73' long when hooked up. Last year we had to drop the trailer off in the employees lot which I didn't like.

Thanks in advance.

Hi FLJOE,

Those center spots are lovely and long, but we were told they are for CPU customers. The back in spots are shorter. We were told that there would be a spot next to the service center where trailers and stackers could be dropped if they do not fit in your site with you.

This is a regular back in site with our 40 foot 9 inch coach and Jeep Grand Cherokee in it, if it helps you judge. At the very ends of the back in rows the sites can be a bit longer because the road through the campground is an oval, but you probably couldn’t count on the longest one to be open since it would be a more desirable end spot.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3501.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	258.2 KB
ID:	252943Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3502.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	252944

Perhaps Newmar will allow you to use a pull through, you never know unless you ask? What are the chances that they would have 10 CPUs in the week you would be here, right?

Tags
service, newmar