Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2006, 02:25 AM   #1
Administrator Emeritus

Setting this up for Aime....moving his request here....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2006, 02:25 AM   #2
Administrator Emeritus

Setting this up for Aime....moving his request here....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:26 AM   #3

To; All Newmar Diesel Pushers, particularly 2002's

Trying to find out if anyone else is having a windshield PROBLEM like I am.

On a recent trip to Connecticut, both sides of the windshield cracked.

No stones, no road debris, ist drivers side went and spread fast, 15 minutes later the passenger side cracked.

Going about 55 mph, misty ans fog.

The cg owner contacted a friend who does glass replacement, but couldn't do job until 8/14.

He did tell me not to drive rig because broken shields could come into us.

I contacted my insurance company, explained the situation. They contacted a local shop in Groton, 8 miles away which has a contract with Metlife and they told Met they would instaal shields as soon as they got them.

The claims reps at Met spoke to Links systems which handles glass cliams for Met and Links contacted Duncan Systems in Elkhart, Indiana who stock shields and supply OEM's.

Met called me Thursday AM, told me the shields were being shipped overnight and would be at the Groton shop by 12:30 pm Friday which they were.

Met paid an additional $750.00 for overnight shipping, usually takes 7 business days, the shop was surprised.

Because of some communication problems, the shields weren't installed until Saturday morning and the tech broke the wiper stud and had to bring it to a machine shop , so the job was finished Monday, July 3rd.

While watching tech remove and install shields I saw that the center metal separator strip is not attached at the bottom and floats forward and back, tech stated this should be anchored to prevent movement.

These replacements were the 4th on pass. side, 2nd on drivers side, only one replacement due to rocks.

Has anyone else had this happen??

Will call Newmar next week to get their input.

Thanks and awaiting responses

=== Aime=== AJBJRVERS===
Old 07-09-2006, 03:45 AM   #4

Mine is an '02 DSDP which as you know has a different profile than the MADP. Four years and 58,000 miles with no problems at all.

As far as the other side cracking after, it was probably due to the slight loss of support from the driverside cracking.