RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2007, 03:07 PM   #1

We are seriously considering a 2003 Kountry Star, model 3651. Seller is a private party, and is asking $78,500. The unit seems to have lots of options and extras, with 12,600 miles on the Workhorse.

This is our first MH, so we are a little nervous. Any advise you experienced RVers can give us would be greatly appreciate. Thanks very much.

John in Sacramento

John95683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2007, 03:07 PM   #2

We are seriously considering a 2003 Kountry Star, model 3651. Seller is a private party, and is asking $78,500. The unit seems to have lots of options and extras, with 12,600 miles on the Workhorse.

This is our first MH, so we are a little nervous. Any advise you experienced RVers can give us would be greatly appreciate. Thanks very much.

John in Sacramento

John95683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
For a valuation go to www.NADA.com.
If you start there you'll get an idea of what the RV is worth on the open market.

Please don't fall into the trap by believing the dealer is doing you a favor.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:41 AM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jOHN95683:

John in Sacramento </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
John I have a 2003 3301 and love it.. We bought it from Demartini there in Sacramento.. well built coach and runs like a top.... $78,500 seems a little high though with out seeing it... It may be worth every penny with add-ons and the low miles...... Did he take care of it? Oil changes, and keep records? etc....

2017 Silverado Z-71 Pulling 2017.5 Lance 1985
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:24 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
I have an 04 Mountain Aire 3651. Much of what is optional on the Kountry Star is standard on the MA.

We really like ours and don't plan to upgrade.

78k seems high...
Old 02-22-2007, 07:10 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">with 12,600 miles on the Workhorse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Our signature coach has been almost trouble free, and has seen a lot of use. The low milage coach you are looking at probably will also be very dependable.

I would suggest you ask to see maintanence records, and look closely at the tires and genset, as both suffer more from lack of use than from being run.

If you buy it, and want more detail spec-type info, send me a PM as I have all the 2003 specs. ED
edgray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:29 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
JOHN, Welcome to irv2 and the Newmar forum.
I have a 03 on WH chassis and its a coach thats served us very well. One reason we still have it is the space inside with full wardrobe closets that have been made into shirt closets in newer models.
The chassis had the CATS changed out on a recall and I replaced the shocks because of a porpoise problem in that year coach.
Your chassis should have had these things taken care of by now.
Tried to find some models your looking at on some dealers inventory but no can find. You could compare 02-04's to get some idea of price.
Not to many could mean people are not trading up they can get some good years ahead of them. The chassis Workhorse says is good for 200,000 so you have a few miles ahead of you.
If you have any questions about operation of features your in the right forum for that , we will be waiting, good luck and enjoy the forums.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:34 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
John, I own a 2002 35'on a Ford chassis. We bought it used a 1 1/2 yrs ago for over 10% off
your price. I think that is high for the age, yes
low miles is good but I also think it was not used to much.....so things don't always work right when they rest for a while. Take it for a ride on the freeway to see how it handles when trkers are passing you, check the age of the tires, then offer him less. PM me if you want to discuss more. Newmar makes a great coach.

Phelpo

Phelpo is offline   Reply With Quote