Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2005, 06:51 PM   #15

Palmetto, there is a Newmar Dealer in Russellville, Arkansas, named Outdoor Living Center. Sales Manager's is Richie Schilling and Service Manager is Steve Heflin. I have purchased two Newmar gas coaches from them and they have performed all my servicing; I have been very pleased.

Phone number is: 1-800-828-2241
Website is: www.olcrv.com

Regards............Bill
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2005, 02:16 AM   #16

Thanks for the info. I have a deal on the 4304. Compared with the 4305, the base price was $4600 more but was only $1600 more on MSRP, because of options on the 4305.
By the way, anyone have a source for Trip Tek or similar system? I will need to add aftermarket.
palmetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 04:38 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

I bought my TripTek right from the manufacturer, Coretronics. Their website is www.triptek.net and I have had great service from them, including some technical support. They have to be programmed for your coach setup and backup monitor so it's not something you're going to get a deal on at Ebay or another website, but the Coretronics price is decent.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 07:07 AM   #18

Thanks Cruzer. I looked at the website. Did you just plug in your trip tek to an existing connection? In other words, was it easy to install?
Old 02-07-2005, 10:17 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

It was pretty easy to install. I had to tap into the generator switch on the dash and a few other things, but not bad at all. There was a ECM plug under the dash to pick up the serial data from and I just taped into two of those wires to get that. If you want, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the manuals as attachments. They are in Acrobat .pdf format so you should be able to read or print them from your PC.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 11:01 AM   #20

Can anyone advise what is wired to the inverter in a 4304? It is supposed to be 2000 watts. Which outlets/appliances are wired to it?
Old 03-17-2005, 04:48 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by palmetto:
Can anyone advise what is wired to the inverter in a 4304? It is supposed to be 2000 watts. Which outlets/appliances are wired to it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Palmetto - we're in the process of purchasing a Mountain Aire 4304 and just recently checked this. The answer is simple - EVERYTHING. We checked all of the outlets in the coach and they were all powered. Since the appliances all plug into other (usually hidden) outlets, I assume the same would be true for them.
Old 03-17-2005, 11:10 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Check out Newmarcorp.com it will give you all specs an options for the Newmar line. --"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 03:07 AM   #23

John and Peter:
Well, not everything, but almost. I have had the coach for about 4 weeks and have stayed in it a total of 10 days. I have the drawer style dishwasher, which has an electronic lock not wired to the inverter. The generator must be running to open the dishwasher. Minor inconvenience.
Only two problems so far: (1) two cracked floor tile, and (2) power sun visor quit working. Overall, quality is superb, and miles ahead of that of my last Winnebago.
I predict you will be very pleased when you get your coach.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:28 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by palmetto:
John and Peter:
Well, not everything, but almost. I have had the coach for about 4 weeks and have stayed in it a total of 10 days. I have the drawer style dishwasher, which has an electronic lock not wired to the inverter. The generator must be running to open the dishwasher. Minor inconvenience.
Only two problems so far: (1) two cracked floor tile, and (2) power sun visor quit working. Overall, quality is superb, and miles ahead of that of my last Winnebago.
I predict you will be very pleased when you get your coach. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Palmetto - Thanks for the update. Don't think the dishwasher-in-a-drawer item will be a problem for us, but we appreciate the heads-up. Can't wait to pick up our new "baby"!
Old 04-15-2005, 06:02 PM   #25

The Newmar Dealer in Russellville AR is the last place anyone should buy from. The sales manager has issues that I am not qualified to diagnose. His prices are extremely out of line unless you don't if don't mind paying 20% more than you would if you purchased your RV from any other dealer.
New05MountAire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 07:04 AM   #26

Palmetto,

If you are looking for a dealer in the southeast, I HIGHLY recommend Independence RV in Winter Garden, FL. In 08/04 we bought ours there, literally spent all day walking through and driving different models, lengths, etc. before we made an offer at 26% off MSRP, which they accepted without haggling back and forth. The saleman was David Scott, 1-800-277-7878, very knowledgeable and helpful...obviously also very patient. We had traveled all over south Florida looking before buying there, and are happy we did.

On this and other forums I have recommended people to them, and received thank you emails from several after their purchases.

2004 Newmar Kountry Star 3560
RobAndTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 02:10 AM   #27

I bought the my coach from Independence. Their operation is not as sophisticated as Lazy Days, but they got the job done. Unlike Lazy Days, the after-sale service has been good. I would recommend them also.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:07 PM   #28

Ditto for Independence RV. Purchased mine in 2003, great sales and service staff. You can't go wrong with a purchase at Independence.

Bill Senick
2003 KSCA 3740
Bill Senick is offline   Reply With Quote