Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
kr

2006 Newmar DSDP Front TV Removal

Have read multiple posts on TV removal but have not found any that match. I have a 2006 38' DutchStar with front TV mounted on passenger side by the entry door. I can not find any plugs, screws or fastners. I want to remove old TV and install new digital one.
kr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #2

IF you have vent grills facing the windshield, they can be pryed off carefully with a thin putty knife and you may be able to get a view of attachments inside from that view
footdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If this is your setup the two cabinets to left and right must have some screws inside that are holding the TV in its cabinet. If you have no leather buttons under TV cabinet.
As footdoc said you may see from grill side what maybe holding in also.
Will the plastic bezel snap off the face of TV?

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
kr

This is my setup. I thought there might be some screws on the inside of the center cabinet, but I know there are a lot of wires in it and did not want to go there unless necessary. The only thing on the right of the TV is a speaker and it is in the same cabinet as the TV.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The screws maybe difficult to see and get at and maybe holding wood frame around TV.
One thing not mentioned is put a call to Newmar I'm sure they will help you, give them your coach # number.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:44 PM   #6
rlc

Newmar Owners Club
go to google and search belo 8165 and watch the video's, or tv for my rv.com

Bob
rlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:14 AM   #7
kr

Bob, I am looking for instructions on how to remove the old TV. Once it is removed I will figure out a new mount.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:52 PM   #8

If you look carefully, you will see wooden plugs in the facia trim. You have to drill them out very carefully and you will see the square headed screws holding the TV into the frame. The frame will be a steel one that the TV is mounted to. It all comes out the front. But beware that the TV will be a little heavy. Two men are advised as I have replaced my 32" with a 40" HD and needed the help to drop the old one out. The air vents (louvers) toward the windshield allow you to disconnect the necessary wires. Enlarging the opening for a bigger TV is pretty easy as long as you take your time. You know, measure twice and cut once. A good tilt wall mount for the new TV can be mounted very easy in the opening with some bracing installed. If your control station is over the driver location with electrical montoring in the middle cabinet, there is a duplex recepticle in the rear of the electrical montoring cabinet to plug the new TV into. I would recommend that you use the HDMI cable that comes with new TVs for the connection.
shadrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks once again for your help shadrack, kr should be ok, now the fun begins.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #10
kr

Thanks everyone for the input. I am on the road for a week and will start the project when we get home. I know you all think I am blind, but there are no plugs or screws in the cabinet holding this TV. There are plugs on the bedroom TV but not the front TV. The face of the front TV is on the outside of the cabinet. I am going to start by removing the wooden grills behind the TV. Of course I will have to first remove the power sun visor. 007, as for contacting Newmar, I got the normal response (Zero). On their website they explained the switch to digital and said they would be available for assistance. I replied in the manner they suggested but have heard nothing.