Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2014, 04:34 PM   #1

2006 Newmar KSDP ISL 350

Just started our trip back to Ohio from Florida. Our (new to us) MH has performed well in the first 300 miles. However, I do have some questions. Perhaps other owners could add some insight. The previous owner did not have all the operating manuals, so I'm in the dark on some issues.

I noticed as we were riding along, how comfortable it was without the dash AC. I had the controls set on cold & selector set to vent, not AC. However, the air coming from the dash vents was cool not ambient temp. I reset the control to heat & it really warmed up! Is this normal or is the compressor running? I assume the compressor should be off unless I switch to AC. Is there a manual for this system?

The next thing I noticed is the accelerator has to be right to the floor to get the rig moving, it doesn't have the acceleration my Ford V10 had. Will the transmission learn my driving? Once the rig is up to speed it just sails along. I'm towing a Jeep Liberty. My mileage is about 6.2 MPG.

There is a hydraulic reservoir in the rear of the engine compartment. I assume this running the fan. Does this system run anything else? I have a slight leak in the fittings I will fix when I get home. I see noting that gives me a level, so I assume I will have to stick it to know the level.

Thanks for any input
countrypair is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2014, 05:00 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I have an 05 KSDP with the ISC 330, but I'll comment on your questions.

My a/c compressor doesn't run unless the control knob is set to a/c. Did you try running a/c to see if there was a difference in air temp?

Your issue with acceleration is not my experience. I don't have to floor it. It's not going to break anyone's neck with g-force, but it will get going without having to floor it.

On mine, the reservoir holds the power steering fluid. The fan is belt driven.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your coach!
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:17 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi countrypair,
I too have the 05 ISC 330 HP. Here are my answers to your Qs.

1. Vent is vent and brings in air from the outside of the coach. If you move the switch to heat, you will get heat, heat and more heat. There should be two controls. One is a switch to direct the air flow to the vents of your choice. The other switch is a temp selector. Clockwise for heat and counter clockwise for cool. It takes a while for the setting to change. The compressor will be on only when A/C or defrost is chosen.

2. Your coach is like a freight train. It gains momentum. It does not accelerate. While my coach will gain momentum adequately, a gas coach will out accelerate it. It all comes down to weight. Coach and toad are 37.5K lbs. A gas coach is under 26K lbs.

3. The reservoir is in the engine compartment. It does have a dip stick. On my coach the fan is run by a belt. I'm not sure about your coach. The reservoir may also be for the power steering.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:02 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Here is information on your Evans AC/Heater controls and unit.
If you get poor cooling from AC when in that position may want to read this thread.
A problem with a high limit switch to be possible aware of.
Here is a Owners Guide for your coach.
In my signature below are three links that will also relate to your Newmar coach.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar