Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2007, 08:53 AM   #1

I know I will drive some of you nuts since I don't have any specifics to give you and our coach is locked up at the dealer's. We are dealing with critical health issues regarding my husband - in fact we need the coach to work to be able to live in it in Dallas while he waits for a lung transplant so we really, really need it to work correctly. The first three weeks in Dallas he will be inpatient at a rehab facility and I need to be abke to live in the parking lot to be close to him. I may have some power but won't know for sure until tomorrow.

When I took the coach in one of my issues was the refrig keeps going off if we don't run the generator. In fact when we turned it off at the dealers and the service writer was in the coach the refrig started beeping because the power was off - she said I see what you mean. We had previously had it plugged in to 50 amp power for a week. The coach is all electric and if I remember correctly has a 3100 inverter plus the extra batteries.

When they called me Friday afternoon the answer she had from the tech was that was just the way it was - if I wanted electricity when I wasn't plugged in I had to run the generator. I don't think this is correct - why have an inverter?
We have had problems with the electrical system since we got the coach and this seems to be another one.

My question for you all is, before I tell them he is wrong I want to make sure he is. Shouldn't we have electricity for at least some time with the generator off? Like I said I can't get to the coach to check voltage and how everything is set right now but if they can't get it fixed I will post all of that later.

I have no time to deal with all this right now but am forced to - I just want to know I am somewhat correct before I tell them he is wrong.
Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks and Happy New Year!!

Jacki
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2007, 08:53 AM   #2

I know I will drive some of you nuts since I don't have any specifics to give you and our coach is locked up at the dealer's. We are dealing with critical health issues regarding my husband - in fact we need the coach to work to be able to live in it in Dallas while he waits for a lung transplant so we really, really need it to work correctly. The first three weeks in Dallas he will be inpatient at a rehab facility and I need to be abke to live in the parking lot to be close to him. I may have some power but won't know for sure until tomorrow.

When I took the coach in one of my issues was the refrig keeps going off if we don't run the generator. In fact when we turned it off at the dealers and the service writer was in the coach the refrig started beeping because the power was off - she said I see what you mean. We had previously had it plugged in to 50 amp power for a week. The coach is all electric and if I remember correctly has a 3100 inverter plus the extra batteries.

When they called me Friday afternoon the answer she had from the tech was that was just the way it was - if I wanted electricity when I wasn't plugged in I had to run the generator. I don't think this is correct - why have an inverter?
We have had problems with the electrical system since we got the coach and this seems to be another one.

My question for you all is, before I tell them he is wrong I want to make sure he is. Shouldn't we have electricity for at least some time with the generator off? Like I said I can't get to the coach to check voltage and how everything is set right now but if they can't get it fixed I will post all of that later.

I have no time to deal with all this right now but am forced to - I just want to know I am somewhat correct before I tell them he is wrong.
Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks and Happy New Year!!

Jacki
Old 01-01-2007, 09:46 AM   #3

Jacki, You are entirely correct. The inverter will carry the frig. TV and some lighting for a considerable time prior to automatically starting the generator at which time it will run 2 hours or more to fully recharge the batteries.

Now, one thing to check. Make sure the inverter is on. It is very easy to accidently turn it off while setting other items on the touch screen.

You want to make sure the inverter is on, the charger is on (when power is present or the genset is operating) and the auto gen start is on. Always take your time after resetting any of the value to verify all preferrences are still on and correctly configured.

Peter
Old 01-01-2007, 06:33 PM   #4

Hi Jacki! I hope all goes well with your husband. I think Peter gave you a great answer. If there is any way I can be of any help please let me know. We spoke when you first got your coach, about your R6 Sat problem. If you need my number again let me know. Paul