Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #1

2008 dutchstar/kingaire?

Opinions appreciated from those that have have owned a Dutchstar MH and a Kingaire MH,appreciated.I currently own a 2008 Dutchstar 4320 and am looking at buying a 2008 Kingaire? Other than the obvious,power+features,is there that much difference when it comes to ride,rattling etc. between the 2 models?
Thanks Bruce H.
Bruexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #2

I can't speak to the King Aire, though I have driven one. I had an '02 DSDP and now have a '07 EXDP. Ride may be slightly better on the heavier K2 compared to the Spartan Mountain Master GT. The weight difference is noticable both on a windy highway and parked. The Comfort Drive steering on the EX is night and day better, and that's even saying my DSDP was excellent. The CD is tops for handling.
The service experience at the factory is also night and day. The dsdp you kiss goodbye each morning and see it arrive at about 3 pm each day. The EX and KA can be accompanied every day in the shop. You can stay and watch the guys working on it.
Having both air level and hydraulic jacks is great. Most of the time air level is my choice.
Sound levels of hearing outside noises is about half of that heard in the DSDP. 3 AC's mean in every situation you can be real cool. The higher bays, and even more so on the K3 chassis under the KA is also a stack change from the DS.
Monitoring of the electrical and liquids is far more managable.
Heat and cooling is also more precise both in control and management.
Okay, that's a couple of things. I can give you more if required.

Peter
Old 02-06-2012, 06:12 AM   #3

It's similar to the difference between a Chevy and a Bentley: they both get you there, but the style, comfort, and overall experience is different.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #4

My sales knowledge is dated, drove many coaches--all Newmars up to Essex, Beaver Marquis, Patriot Thunder, TS Select. I always found that the heavier the coach, the better the ride. The larger the tire diameter, the better the ride. Tag axle superior to single axle. High line coach power typically felt better, despite the higher weight. Bad roads and noise, vibration improved with high line coaches.

Unfortunately, I can remember driving some Essex coaches that had too many rattles for a high line, silly things like the cantilevered dining table. Newmar floors and sidewalls tend to squeak a bit more due to construction methodology, but are the best insulated. Travel Supreme coaches(now Entegra) also had more squeaks and rattles due to similar construction aspects to a Newmar. One-piece plastic dashboards can be a problem.

The Spartan chassis with IFS, MM, K2, always had a better wheel cut than the Monaco Roadmaster chassis, although they roll a bit more due to airbag location. I used to have porpoising issues with the Roadmaster chassis that weren't evident with the Spartans(although my 2000 Spartan MM is too compliant compared to newer models). I liked the fact that the tag lifted automatically with the Roadmasters.

In general, the punch list on a high line is typically longer than a lower cost, simpler model. The hardest part of high line ownership is finding qualified service providers, due to the complexity of the coaches.