Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2017, 05:25 PM   #1

2008 Essex Eplex Fuse Location

2008 Essex, Eplex screen blank, no 12vdc at power input on back of eplex screen. DC turned on, coach lights, door locks, everything on DC that I could find functions. I saw reference in earlier posts about an inline fuse off 12V fuse block behind the shore power cable real. Found fuse blocks along with battery disconnect relay and battery boost relay all back there, but no inline fuse or any fuse blown or tagged with eplex. Help... can't operate much of anything with eplex out of service.
Ward_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2017, 09:19 PM   #2

I have not found such a fuse. You will probably need to contact Newmar. Please post anything you find.

You might consider unscrewing the panel and looking at the wires that attach to the eplex panel. The power wire worked its way loose. I had to crimp that connector to get a good tight fit.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:30 PM   #3

this might help
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/loca...el-340697.html
Old 10-15-2017, 09:30 PM   #4

Thanks for the suggestion to check at back of eplex panel, but as I said in my original post, "no 12vdc at power input on back of eplex screen", yes this was one of the first things I checked. Unless I get another reply that solves the issues, I'll be contacting Newmar in the morning, and yes, I'll post the result as soon as I'm back in business.
Old 10-15-2017, 09:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward_J View Post
2008 Essex, Eplex screen blank, no 12vdc at power input on back of eplex screen. DC turned on, coach lights, door locks, everything on DC that I could find functions. I saw reference in earlier posts about an inline fuse off 12V fuse block behind the shore power cable real. Found fuse blocks along with battery disconnect relay and battery boost relay all back there, but no inline fuse or any fuse blown or tagged with eplex. Help... can't operate much of anything with eplex out of service.
I never found a fuse either. Take off the Eplex screen and pull a hot wire from one of the switches next to it and use that. This will tell you if you have a wire problem or an Eplex problem.
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:02 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to irv2, Ward J
Here is a link for ESSEX OWNERS.
Here is a link for all tsb's , brochure, owners guide and other important stuff.
All the links below in my signature have info for your Newmar.
Let us know how you are making out.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Thanks to all that offered help.

I located the fuse for the EPlex front control panel on my 2008 Essex, and it is now working.

I placed a signal tracer on the 12v supply wire to the EPlex panel after disconnecting the wire from the panel. The other end of this wire was landed on the bottom left position of the left most 12v fuse block in the shore power cable bay. There was no identification label and there was no fuse in that position. I removed the signal tracer, reconnected the 12V wire to the EPlex control panel, and then placed a 7.5 amp fuse in that position in the fuse block. The EPlex panel powered up and worked exactly as it should.

Looking more carefully at the fuse block, in the position just above the position I just used, was a 7.5 amp fuse in a position labeled RADIOCLOCK, however, there was NO wire connected to that position on my coach. I decided to move the EPlex wire from the unlabeled bottom position to the position labeled RADIOCLOCK as a permanent position. See attached photo of this left most fuse bock after I’d moved the EPlex wire as just described.

Confession, the day before I noticed I’d lost the EPlex panel I had been in the shore power bay installing a Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C electrical management system. For the life of me I do NOT recall removing any fuses from those 12V fuse block or moving any wires, but this coach is new to me, and perhaps my memory is fading faster than I thought.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0079.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	304.5 KB
ID:	180148  
Old 10-17-2017, 03:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Thanks to all that offered help.

I located the fuse for the EPlex front control panel on my 2008 Essex, and it is now working.

I placed a signal tracer on the 12v supply wire to the EPlex panel after disconnecting the wire from the panel. The other end of this wire was landed on the bottom left position of the left most 12v fuse block in the shore power cable bay. There was no identification label and there was no fuse in that position. I removed the signal tracer, reconnected the 12V wire to the EPlex control panel, and then placed a 7.5 amp fuse in that position in the fuse block. The EPlex panel powered up and worked exactly as it should.

Looking more carefully at the fuse block, in the position just above the position I just used, was a 7.5 amp fuse in a position labeled RADIOCLOCK, however, there was NO wire connected to that position on my coach. I decided to move the EPlex wire from the unlabeled bottom position to the position labeled RADIOCLOCK as a permanent position. See attached photo of this left most fuse bock after I’d moved the EPlex wire as just described.

Confession, the day before I noticed I’d lost the EPlex panel I had been in the shore power bay installing a Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C electrical management system. For the life of me I do NOT recall removing any fuses from those 12V fuse block or moving any wires, but this coach is new to me, and perhaps my memory is fading faster than I thought.
Thanks for the update and great description !

BTW, I have re-tagged some fuses in that compartment to match reality. I have also tagged the wires with Dymo labels.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:27 PM   #9

Thanks so much for coming back and posting the solution.
It’s great to know where that fuse is located if (when) it happens to me!
Road Hawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:06 AM   #10

Yes thank you for the picture and description. Another funky circuit you may discover is that of the windshield nightshade. That shares a circuit (Fuse) with the outside security lights (scare lights)
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:06 AM   #11

And thanks from another Essex owner who will benefit from this information.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:34 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Had the 2006 location of fuse, I have added the 2008 location. --- ESSEX OWNERS LINK
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:00 AM   #13

Ward J
Just curious to know if your eplex panel in the bedroom was dead also.
No issues with mine currently, but for future reference I was wondering if both panels were on the same circuit protected by a common fuse.
Thanks.
Road Hawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Hawg View Post
Ward J
Just curious to know if your eplex panel in the bedroom was dead also.
No issues with mine currently, but for future reference I was wondering if both panels were on the same circuit protected by a common fuse.
Thanks.
My 2008 Essex does not have the bedroom EPlex panel.

Tags
cat, fuse