Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #1

2010 Baystar

Hello, just bought a new 2010 Baystar this past April....looking forward to visiting the Newmar headquarters in April for year end warranty tweeks....don't know what to expect - I have been scheduled for around 3 days beginning April 10.....has anyone ever been, and I'll take any advise. Mine has done well except for the ride - a little rough on F53 chasis - changed to Koni shocks but I think I may be running too much air pressure - around 90*. I need to do the 4 corner weights.....I'm probably 10* too much...also got a major rattle around the front TV but can't figure out what it is....thanks for any comments and I'm glad I found you.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby88 View Post
Hello, just bought a new 2010 Baystar this past April....looking forward to visiting the Newmar headquarters in April for year end warranty tweeks....don't know what to expect - I have been scheduled for around 3 days beginning April 10.....has anyone ever been, and I'll take any advise. Mine has done well except for the ride - a little rough on F53 chasis - changed to Koni shocks but I think I may be running too much air pressure - around 90*. I need to do the 4 corner weights.....I'm probably 10* too much...also got a major rattle around the front TV but can't figure out what it is....thanks for any comments and I'm glad I found you.
Bobby88, your inquiry probably should be a whole new thread since this one is about Comfort Drive, but I will respond none-the-less.

You will enjoy the experience at Camp Newmar. We were there a year ago. You will be assigned a personal RV Tech who will sit down with you in your coach and go over your "hit list" the first morning at 6 am. He and a helper will come and pick up your coach every morning at 6 am sharp. Have your jacks up and unhooked. They will deliver it back to your parking space in the afternoon (around 3 pm or so).

If you bring a toad, enjoy the Amish country. Make a loop to include Shipshewana, Elkhart, Goshen, and points in between. We loved the country and the Amish people. If you don't bring a toad, rent a car. It was a memorable experience for us.

Don't be bashful on your "hit list". We were adding minor items to ours during the trip to Nappanee. Your RV Tech will give you an idea of what they can finish within your timeframe or how much longer it will take.

They even checked some things which were not on our list.

Don

Old 01-10-2012, 01:16 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Bob to the Newmar forum.
Here is a link to Newmar Country and all the things of interest.
You should have a good experience at Newmar and do get up early.
You can take tour through factory and see how you coach was built.
I have been at Newmar with all three coach's I have owned and repairs and upgrades have been top notch, in fact they go beyond what I thought needed to be done.
With your coach loaded for travel I'd drop by a CAT Scales and get coach weighed if your using inflations in tires off sticker on wall you will have a hard ride.
In the Quick Tips link you will find info on your tires and much more.
Enjoy your stay and welcome to the Newmar family.
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #4
NHSO

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Bobby88, welcome to the forum. Last October we traveled to Newmar to see our coach in production. We stayed next door at Amish Acres ( walking distance from Camp Newmar)reasonable room, and great food!! We enjoyed our visit so much we plan to put a factory visit on our travel list again this year. Make sure you take the factory tour. I suggest the afternoon tour—as it the assembly facility is quiet and you can spend more time seeing the build process. Camera are allowed.
Mike