Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2018, 02:51 PM   #1
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
2010 Dutch Aire 4304

After (6) mostly good yrs and an occasional "aw crap", we traded our 2004 Dutch Sar 4015 for a 2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304 with the Cummins 425hp with (4) slides from Motor Homes of Texas in Nacogdoches, Tx. After selling our S&B last July, we started looking for a newer rig with slideouts on both sides. This one jumped out at us and when the wifey said she liked it after walking inside, ya'll know what that means. After learning the ins/outs of our 2004, I know once again have the job of learning all about the newer coach. It is equipped with Oasis(I know very little about) which will heat the floors and provide heating for the coach and is just one of a number of new/different systems that I will have to learn how to use. (3) big 15btu ac/hp's should be adequate to handle the Tx weather. The one thing that I noticed immediately after we walked in was the notorious NoCold 4dr fridge. I have to admit, it was doing some serious cooling at the time "But", it WILL be replaced the first of Oct by MH of Texas with a Samsung counter depth (3) door residential fridge along with a Winegard Traveler on the roof . The fun has just begun: now what did I do with that bottle of Ibuprofin for my headache.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2018, 06:22 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Congratulations on your new ride. I owned a 2009 4304 DADP for about 3 years and it is a very nice coach. Never had a real issue except for the things we all cope with. The coach rode and drove great. We just decided we were ready for a bit shorter ride.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:00 PM   #3
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plane View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. I owned a 2009 4304 DADP for about 3 years and it is a very nice coach. Never had a real issue except for the things we all cope with. The coach rode and drove great. We just decided we were ready for a bit shorter ride.
Thanks Plane, appreciate the comments. My gut feeling tells me that we made a good choice on this coach. Appears to have been well taken care of as no visible gotchas that one might expect from an (8) yr old coach. One thing that is absolutely neat is the comfort drive. :>)
Old 08-11-2018, 07:53 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
Thanks Plane, appreciate the comments. My gut feeling tells me that we made a good choice on this coach. Appears to have been well taken care of as no visible gotchas that one might expect from an (8) yr old coach. One thing that is absolutely neat is the comfort drive. :>)
I traded an 03 DSDP just to move into comfort drive, the tag also made a big difference. Check and see if all recalls have been resolved the one I am more concerned with is the one on the flex tube on the exhaust as it could cause a fire. May not include yours but worth a look. If I can ever be of help let me know.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:32 PM   #5

Congrats JC2. We also have a DA 2010 but with the 4317 floorplan. Nice coach. Let me know if you have questions.
enjoyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 07:17 AM   #6
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Thanks guys. Do either of you have a link where I can find out what recalls might have been issued for the 2010 Dutch Aire?
Old 08-12-2018, 08:15 AM   #7

I think you sign into Newmar’s Newgle that has coach specific info. Google it.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:01 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks guys. Do either of you have a link where I can find out what recalls might have been issued for the 2010 Dutch Aire?
A call to spartan with your vin number as well as Newmar should work for getting a list.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:14 AM   #9
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Do/did any of you with the 2010 have the auto gen start? Going over today to see how/when the cleanup/sat dish install wll be done as we are looking to leave here by thurs.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:08 PM   #10
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
After having the new Winegard Traveler installed along with a new windshield(aka rock magnet) and other miscellaneous items, we spent (2) days transferring our "stuff" from our previous coach, we finally left Motor Homes of Texas in Nacogdoches, Tx and headed back north to pick up some loose ends in the KC area; about 700 miles. About 35 miles south of Carthage, Mo the passenger side wiper blade came loose in a pretty good rain of course, After some Meguyvering, we continued on and stopped at a Newmar Dealer/CG in Carthage for the night. With new blades, we left Tues and arrived at a CG just north of KC. I am pretty impressed with the coach quality, inside and out,along with how it appears to have been taken care of by the original owner. Many new things and buttons to learn but that will pass. What I am "NOT" impressed with so far is the overall performance of the 425hp cummins in general. I realize that this coach is several thousands heavier than my previous one, 2004 Newmar DS with the ISL 370hp, but our previous one was way more peppy than the 2010. The 2010 has pretty pi.. poor power and was not very impressive. I'm thinking of replacing both fuel filters to see if the get up and go improves. It runs out good on level roads but just doesn't cut in on hills of any substance. Any current/past Dutch Aires or similar coaches had poor performance issues as I described?
Old 08-20-2018, 09:07 PM   #11

2010 Dutch Aire 4304

Jc2. Auto generator start: ours doesn’t have one either. It might may not have been an option.
Re: 425 performance. I don’t have anything to compare it to but I’ve found that keeping rpm’s a bit higher in hilly country works well for me. Enjoy your new drive.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:15 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
After having the new Winegard Traveler installed along with a new windshield(aka rock magnet) and other miscellaneous items, we spent (2) days transferring our "stuff" from our previous coach, we finally left Motor Homes of Texas in Nacogdoches, Tx and headed back north to pick up some loose ends in the KC area; about 700 miles. About 35 miles south of Carthage, Mo the passenger side wiper blade came loose in a pretty good rain of course, After some Meguyvering, we continued on and stopped at a Newmar Dealer/CG in Carthage for the night. With new blades, we left Tues and arrived at a CG just north of KC. I am pretty impressed with the coach quality, inside and out,along with how it appears to have been taken care of by the original owner. Many new things and buttons to learn but that will pass. What I am "NOT" impressed with so far is the overall performance of the 425hp cummins in general. I realize that this coach is several thousands heavier than my previous one, 2004 Newmar DS with the ISL 370hp, but our previous one was way more peppy than the 2010. The 2010 has pretty pi.. poor power and was not very impressive. I'm thinking of replacing both fuel filters to see if the get up and go improves. It runs out good on level roads but just doesn't cut in on hills of any substance. Any current/past Dutch Aires or similar coaches had poor performance issues as I described?
I went from a 2003 DSDP with a ISC 350 and I thought that the 425 HP should really have much more pep but if you think about it maybe it's better than you think because the coach is most likely 10 to 12,000# heavier that your previous one. For what is is worth I learned to carry a extra wiper arm and blade because I threw more than one, I finally found that the proper torque on the blade was important.
Old 09-18-2018, 08:40 AM   #13
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
The coach has shut down numerous times over the last 3-4 weeks losing all ac power as I've mentioned in another post. Can any Dutch Aire owners enlighten me on where the inverter might be located on our coach?
Old 09-18-2018, 08:50 AM   #14

Quote:
After (6) mostly good yrs and an occasional "aw crap", we traded our 2004 Dutch Sar 4015 for a 2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304 with the Cummins 425hp with (4) slides from Motor Homes of Texas in Nacogdoches, Tx. After selling our S&B last July, we started looking for a newer rig with slideouts on both sides. This one jumped out at us and when the wifey said she liked it after walking inside, ya'll know what that means. After learning the ins/outs of our 2004, I know once again have the job of learning all about the newer coach. It is equipped with Oasis(I know very little about) which will heat the floors and provide heating for the coach and is just one of a number of new/different systems that I will have to learn how to use. (3) big 15btu ac/hp's should be adequate to handle the Tx weather. The one thing that I noticed immediately after we walked in was the notorious NoCold 4dr fridge. I have to admit, it was doing some serious cooling at the time "But", it WILL be replaced the first of Oct by MH of Texas with a Samsung counter depth (3) door residential fridge along with a Winegard Traveler on the roof . The fun has just begun: now what did I do with that bottle of Ibuprofen for my headache.

Trade the Pills (Ibuprofen) for a Bottle of Beer or an Adult beverage - easier to Find and usually last longer - - -

Enjoy the NEW COACH.

Best of Luck,

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air