RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2010, 10:07 PM   #1

2011 Dutch Star Options

Now that the Dutch Aire has been removed from the lineup, does anyone have any insight as to whether Newmar will move the Dutch Star slightly upscale again and add back onto the Dutch Star options that they took off when the Dutch Aire was born? For instance, I believe diesel fired hydronic heat, power baggage door locks, and keyless entry were optional on the 2008 Dutch Star, but not the 2009/2010 Dutch Star. The 2011 Mountain Aire is simply out of our price range, but I like the above mentioned options and am curious if I would be able to get them on a 2011 Dutch Star. How about the Fisher & Paykel DishDrawer? I don't think that was formerly an option on the 2008 Dutch Star, but it was available on the Dutch Aire. I retired in January. We plan on selling the house next year to go full time. So we are trying to decide if we should plan on trying to find a 2009/2010 Dutch Aire, or if we might be able to order a 2011 Dutch Star with the desired options. Just getting excited and dreaming of next year. Thanks for any insight.

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original)
dpeterso is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2010, 10:32 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome Dale to the Newmar forum and irv2.
The 2011 has not been posted on Newmar's web site as yet but here is a LINK to a dealer that has them in stock.
Here is another dealer with just standard options.
Until Newmar post's the 2011 will have to wait for option list.
Not sure it will answer all your questions but refer to Newmar sticky above they have posted the MA & ESSEX maybe this weekend the 2011 DS will show up.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:32 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Call a dealer or call Newmar and talk to one of the sale reps for the dealers. There may be "undocumented" oprions. It doesn't hurt to ask.
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:28 AM   #4

'007',
Thank you for your thoughts and the links. The ordered unit at Lee's at least has diesel hydronic heat which is a good sign that some of the options might be coming back to the Dutch Star.

Iron Man,
Thanks for the reply. You're right I should just call Newmar. Heck, maybe my phone call would even influence them to do it.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:44 PM   #5

Hi Dale,

Try to build it in your coach list. We had a number of "special" items on our DS that were not standard options. Out of 55 items, Newmar declined only 3 things we asked for. Mostly we found when they said "no", if we explained better what we were wanting, they said OK.

Once they told us we should be ordering a MA, but we got exactly the coach we wanted in a DS. They were good to work with and we are happy with our product.
DonnaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I have a 2009 Dutch aire bought this spring..do a google and you might be surprised how many are still out there..as of may there was one at coach light and one at tom Johnson..both were loaded as show coaches...enjoy
clubmed98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #7

Dale. We also desired diesel oasis heat and found out at Lees that they were available on Dutch Star in 2009 We ended up with DA because of options you want as well. Send me a PM as I know where a couple new DA are.
enjoyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:56 PM   #8

Thanks again for the additional replies.
Dick & Peggy and Rich, I appreciate the advice that there may still be some new Dutch Aires out there. However, we can't look yet since we really want to sell the house before taking on the expense of a motorhome and the house sale won't happen until early next year for a number of reasons.
DonnaB, It's encouraging to hear that Newmar may be willing to add special options to a Dutch Star in case we can't find an acceptable used or year-old new Dutch Aire next year.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:26 AM   #9

Dale,

Just another thought for you. We spent most of 2006 getting our house ready for sale and disposing of "stuff". We also spent most of 2006 getting our new house (the DS) ready for order. We didn't plunk down the check for the order to take place, but we had it all priced out thru Newmar and Lee's RV by the time we had $$ in hand.

You can be spending this time productively in getting what you want in a new motor home even if the actual order doesn't happen til the future.
DonnaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:57 AM   #10
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Newmar is known for making changes and special options.

I suggest talking to a Newmar factory sales rep to learn what unpublished options may be available and what "specials" they will and will not do for you.

I learned quite a bit fron the factory rep before I ordered my DSDP.

BTW, I'm at the factory now and there are no DSDP brochures yet. Only Essex and Mountain Aire brochures.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
One other suggestion... do your homework on the "specials" that you want to order and try to gather them all together, instead of "trickling them in" during the ordering process. When we custom-ordered our 2005 MADP, we made the mistake of NOT doing that (we weren't used to the idea of even being able to place custom orders) and I think Newmar got "tired" of requests and eventually just started saying "No!" to everything.

There's a LOT Newmar will do "custom" on their coaches. For instance, we had the bathroom vanity/counter height raised to kitchen height (we're both tall, and this is a HUGE help), had extra wiring/cabling run for satellite TV receivers, had extra conduit run for an Internet Satellite dish install, got basement door power locks (even though they weren't listed as an option), and had a custom run of larger gauge wire run from the roof to the batteries (with a loop coiled in the cabinet above the toilet for the charge controller) for a solar panel installation. And all of this was done at EXTREMELY reasonable rates!

Ask... and ye just may receive.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:55 AM   #12

Dale The items you requested are on the 2011 order sheet except the dish washer for the DS call the factory and talk to sales or see your Dealer. We have a 2011 DS ordered thru Buddy Gregg and requested several items done to the Coach that were not on the order sheet along with special paint colors. As others have said just ask Newmar they are great they'll work with you on your order. Best wishes with your Coach selection. Seabee
seabee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:33 AM   #13

Hi Dale! Good luck with your search! You can call Lee at Lee's Rv and have all your questions answered. He has posted many times on this forum and will be glad to help. He will not make you feel obligated to purchase from him. www.leesrv.com Paul
Old 06-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #14

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone for the valuable advice. This has got to be the best, most knowledgeable RV website on the internet. We can't wait until next year (if our prayers are answered) to get out on the road and start meeting some of you.