Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2018, 06:08 PM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
2012 Ventana 3433

Greetings Newmar owners,
I'm talking to a dealer about an 2012 Ventana 3433 which is being trading in for a new New Aire. I don't have a lot of detail about this coach other than the dealers assurances of how well it was treated (by the current soon to be ex owner). The information I took from the dealer was model year 2012 and 3433. I was expecting to find a Newmar with this number but have not found any listed for sale online. I was hoping to do a due diligence review of this MH before seeing it (its expected to be turned in next week). I was hoping not to call the dealer before they called me, advising its in to be inspected/purchased. Anyone with a 2012 Newmar around 34/35 feet, is this model number valid (do you have one?) or have I muffed getting the details on this MH?
nightmission is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2018, 07:03 PM   #2

The 3433 is a valid model from Newmar. It will have 4 slides and a Cummins ISB with 360 HP and 800 ?? Torque rating and an Allison 3000 series tranny which is great for towing capacity. Other than the microwave recall, I can’t think of any serious problems with the Ventana.

The options list is pretty long so you’ll have to get that info from the dealer.

I bought a 2013 3434 series and have no plans on getting anything bigger. I actually have a copy of the 2012 brochure if you have any specific questions.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:26 PM   #3

nightmission...
or is that hobby farmer?

You are right on - We have a 2013 Ventana 3433 - picked it up from a NC owner private sale last year. Only have one short shake down trip last summer and then in storage.
Actually on the road currently headed S for a couple mos.

I am very impressed w/ the Ventana - I'll attach the 2013 Brochure - have to believe the 2012 is very similar but don't know for sure.

When I checked the VIN prior to travelling 800 mi to inspect & buy ours I only turned up one recall - entry steps had an issue but previous owner was a hobby machinist and did his own repair - probably better than Newmar's fix.
If / when you can get the VIN you should be able to search for any recalls... might even contact Newmar customer service to see what is outstanding if anything.

I've been studying up since purchasing our - biggest issue I'm aware of you should check & search iRV2 for more info is the Newmars w electric slide motors
There is one post but there are several others.
PO said he ha to replace the under bed motor for driver side slide as it tore it self off the mounts. When I checked the other slide motors all had lose bolts and one (pass side galley) motor mount bracket was tearing itself off the frame but didn't do any motor problem. I made up a 45* brace and had a local shop weld it in place. I have a few pics if interrested.
The motors are inside the basement bays under the slides. open the bay door and look up to find a shaft and the shaft goes thru the motor. Motrorsa held on w 4 bolts. The pass side bedroom slide motor is in the DEF bay and has a plastic cover over it that has to be removed - 4 screws - to view the motor & mtg bolts.
I'd say this is the #1 issue that I'm aware of that is worthy of checking or have someone knowledgeable - other than the dealer? - check it out.

Do you have any specific questions?

Ours is Cummins ISB 360HP Allison 3000 Trans - Great Combo - I love the Allison trannys and the 3000 is rated for higher torque than the 2500.
Don't know if you are familiar w/ Comfort Drive - CD - if you search iRV2 there are lots of posts and a white paper report by the guy that invented and developed it for MH use. We had a gasser on Workhorse chassis prior and liked it but the Ventana 3433 is a real dream to drive. Ours is all electric w/ residential fridge, 8- 6V GC battys and Oasis diesel unit for heat & hot water.

We are also boaters - but stink potters...

Don
'08 Mainship 34HT
"Bacchus"
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:57 PM   #4

Mid Atlantic Campers
Thanks for the quick response. The salesman I spoke with thinks its going to sell quickly, he says he's got 4 others to contact after it's in their possession. Sales BS or truth, who knows. I only know I know very little about a coach in the size and quality line that has been where we have set our sights. I have a little time, I wish I could find direct comparables, so I could know where the ask vs offer should go, if I wish to pursue this MH.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:45 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Ventana 2012 Brochure

Check out...
https://newmarcorp-8c1e.kxcdn.com/wp...ana-le-gas.pdf
Bushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 05:18 AM   #6

Search iRV2 classifieds RVT RVTrader for Ventanas any length and +/- model yrs or maybe +2 if no '11s show up...don't know when they started.
I'd say dealer probably correct it should sell quickly if priced anywhere reasonable and in decent condition.
I'd also check NADA to get an IDEA on price but I do think NADA tends to be high.
If you are really interested you might consider a refundable deposit contingent on inspection by you and competent engine / rv mechanic (if you choose) and oil analysis.
That was the only way I was able to keep mine from being sold prior to my getting there to see it...the owners continued the listing and had several in line if we didn't take it.

You haven't mentioned your prior RV experience. First unit or upgrade replacement of a prior?

Don
Old 02-15-2018, 06:02 AM   #7

Just a word of caution. The dealer may say that it’s a Ventana and may not properly identify it as the Ventana LE version.

There is a significant difference in power, options, and price point.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:22 AM   #8

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker2 View Post
Search iRV2 classifieds RVT RVTrader for Ventanas any length and +/- model yrs or maybe +2 if no '11s show up...don't know when they started.
I'd say dealer probably correct it should sell quickly if priced anywhere reasonable and in decent condition.
I'd also check NADA to get an IDEA on price but I do think NADA tends to be high.
If you are really interested you might consider a refundable deposit contingent on inspection by you and competent engine / rv mechanic (if you choose) and oil analysis.
That was the only way I was able to keep mine from being sold prior to my getting there to see it...the owners continued the listing and had several in line if we didn't take it.

You haven't mentioned your prior RV experience. First unit or upgrade replacement of a prior?

Don
Thanks for the suggestions. If there is interest in this MH, well than what will be will be re: offers and sell price. I like the idea of buying something that has a good amount of deprecation already. I would rather know I could recover, say 80% of my investment rather than 50% if things don't work out as hoped or we decide that bigger is better. This would be our first MH.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lass View Post
Just a word of caution. The dealer may say that it’s a Ventana and may not properly identify it as the Ventana LE version.

There is a significant difference in power, options, and price point.
Good point - the 2012 Brochure doesn't list a VT LE 3433 but the 2013 does.
There are some differences so worth a double check.

We strongly prefer the bath / shower layout of the 3433 vs the 3434 but floor plan a very personal one and lots of compromises.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:46 AM   #10

2012 Ventana 3433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winemaker2 View Post
Good point - the 2012 Brochure doesn't list a VT LE 3433 but the 2013 does.

There are some differences so worth a double check.

We strongly prefer the bath / shower layout of the 3433 vs the 3434 but floor plan a very personal one and lots of compromises.

I didn’t realize that when I made my post. The 3433 LE was not available in 2012.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:06 PM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by lass View Post
I didn’t realize that when I made my post. The 3433 LE was not available in 2012.
So I'm trying to understand the difference between the regular and LE version of the Ventana. I see dual wheels on the chassis on the Ventana and not on the LE. Brochures I have both new (2018) and older (2012 online) don't help in really seeing what makes the Ventana regular worth so much more than a LE. I did a build today on the Newmar website, kept the builds as close as I could identical (model number mainly) and the price MSRP came out over 70K different!! Anyone owning one or the other wish to share why "their" Ventana is more or less than the other???
Old 02-16-2018, 04:42 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmission View Post
So I'm trying to understand the difference between the regular and LE version of the Ventana. I see dual wheels on the chassis on the Ventana and not on the LE. Brochures I have both new (2018) and older (2012 online) don't help in really seeing what makes the Ventana regular worth so much more than a LE. I did a build today on the Newmar website, kept the builds as close as I could identical (model number mainly) and the price MSRP came out over 70K different!! Anyone owning one or the other wish to share why "their" Ventana is more or less than the other???
I'll try to list some of the differences that I am aware of:
* Ventana = 360 HP Cummins ISB / LE is 340 HP
* Ventana = 800 LB. torque / LE will be 600 LB.(??)
* Ventana = 3000 series Allison tranny / LE is 2500 series--this make a big difference in towing and cargo capacity
* Ventana = title floors / LE is some form of vinyl
* Ventana = aluminum wheels / LE is simulators
* Ventana will have dual pane windows, higher grade appliances, seats and furniture
* Ventana has a larger generator
* Ventana and the LE will have dual wheels

These are just a few that I can think of right now but if you do not buy the 2012, you need to understand that the Comfort Drive was not available in the LE until 2014.

When I ordered my 2013, I created a spread sheet of the standard equipment first and than priced LE options which came standard on the Ventana.

Best of luck
Old 02-17-2018, 06:51 PM   #13

We bought our 2012 Ventana 3433 new. It's been a good rig except for a few issues. The bedroom passenger side slide wouldn't seat right in or out. Took 4-5 trips to the dealer to resolve. Dealer was 300 miles away so keep a repair shop in mind when deciding. Not many good Newmar dealers in our area. We also have had to replace 8 heat pumps....all were under warranty...last one replaced last month. Must be made in China. We tow a short bed Silverado and can't even tell it's back there. Strong power plant/tranny combo. The couch is kinda short if you plan on using for a bed. Really like the washer/dryer combo and the Comfort Steer is really nice! Good luck on your decision

Tags
vent, ventana