Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #1

Angry 2012 Ventana Newmar Coach

I bought a new Ventana last november you name it thats what is wrong with my coach on second trip out the topper on my 34' slide blew up at 55 miles a hour i thought I blew out all 6 tires on the back a year later this is my 5th topper the coach has ben in the service center 8 months last year and is still in the shop being repaired floor tile poping up 20 tiles replaced all refrige doors ,ac unit ,electrical problem, right mirror fell off coach,shower door rollers fell off ruining floor,34' slide rollers being replaced floor marked up,gas line leaked gas in coach replaced,coolant line to oasis hot water heater leaked coolant in my compartments, on and on this is just a few problems I have had Newmar says they will fix it but the factory warrenty has run out even with 8 months in shop has any one else had problems with there new coach
Fitzpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #2

Fitzpatrick, really sorry to hear about all the problems with your Ventana and certainly sense your frustration. I took delivery of my 2013 Ventana in mid December and remain impressed with the quality and workmanship and have not experienced any issues as you describe. My problems were small.

This may not have been what you wanted to hear, but if I can recommend a few things for you.

Jump to the Newmar owners blog for additional in site.

Contact Ken Williamson directly. He is the regional sales rep who helped me with placing my order options.

Call the president of Newmar, Matt Miller to explain your situation and request an extended warranty. He may be at the Tampa RV show this week but make the call. I spoke to Matt before placing my order and he was very helpful in clearing up some confusion. I know that it will be difficult with all of your problems, but the nicer you are, the more he can help.

Document every thing and best of luck.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #3

Many states have laws that stop the warranty clock while the item is in for warranty repairs.

There are other rules relating to specific repairs, simply put, if a problem is reported while in warranty the clock for that problem stops until it is repaired.

This is what they mean in the fine print in the warranty that states different states may have additional protection.

Check with the consumer protection department in your state.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I agree with escalating the problems to Newmar management.

They respond to owner concerns, but remaining civil when presenting your problems will get a better response.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #5

I also had a problem coach, a 11 Tiffin with new 97 issues, many serious, so you are not alone in the warranty fight. I gave up and traded, and lost lots of money. Now we are all happy, Tiffin got rid of me and I got rid of a headache.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:47 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lass View Post
Contact Ken Williamson directly. He is the regional sales rep who helped me with placing my order options.

Call the president of Newmar, Matt Miller to explain your situation and request an extended warranty. He may be at the Tampa RV show this week but make the call. I spoke to Matt before placing my order and he was very helpful in clearing up some confusion. I know that it will be difficult with all of your problems, but the nicer you are, the more he can help.

Document every thing and best of luck.
Fitzpatrick ... very sorry to hear of your troubles. I am not totally sure of what I would do (as I am not your shoes) ... but the above suggestions seem very good to me. I would start with them. There are different regional reps based on where your dealer is (Ken happens to be mine as well) so maybe verify with your dealer and make sure you contact the correct one. Ken has always been very responsive when I have emailed or called him. I have also talked to Matt several times as well (although not about any issues) and he seems to be very open to customer input and interaction.

Not sure where you are located, but maybe schedule a trip to Nappanee for a "face to face" with Matt? Also maybe arrange to get your coach back to the factory for repairs. Maybe that would be better than your dealer dealing with it. Who better to fix it than the ones that built it.

As hard as it may be ... keep your cool like others have suggested and you will get further.

Keep us posted and good luck. We are rooting for you as this could be any one of us.

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:41 AM   #7

A friend of mine, in the Essex Club, complained about his '08 so much and with such effectiveness, Newmar gave him a new one (in '09). Shake their cages, don't give up!
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #8

First I would like to say: I'm sorry to hear of all your problems. Those are for sure real and true issues.

I concur on speaking directly with Matt Miller.

Also have all documentation of all repairs along with times it was in the shop.

Good luck and please keep us informed of your progress.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow!! Not often you hear of such issues. Really good advice in the above posts. I bought a DSDP a year ago and made the decision to have the warranty work performed at the Factory Service Center in Nappanee, Indiana. My list was not huge but I had a few issues that needed to be addressed. Newmar Factory Service resolved all our coach issues beyond our satisfaction. I also had an issue with the Freightliner Chassis that needed to be addressed and I took the coach to Freightliner Custom Chassis in Gaffney, SC to have those issues addressed. Again I was very happy with the work completed. In both cases, I truly had the experts working on my coach with the right knowledge, tools, parts, drawings, and motivation.

My experience is Newmar will do everything they can to make it right but the right people need to know you need them to help. After meeting with many of the exec's, factory reps, warranty folks, and shop managers over the last few years they respond well to calm, factual, rational, discussion.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar