Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDogRanch View Post
When I follow the instructions for attaching something the only choice that comes up when I click on the paperclip is : "Upload file from a URL" ........which, frankly, I don't understand. I must be doing something wrong. I'll keep trying to figure it out.
Looks like you're missing the important part of that dialog, "Upload File from your Computer" that my crudely drawn arrow points to:
Click image for larger version

Name:	UploadFile.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	38062

Note I'm doing this in Firefox on a Windows 7 PC, if you're using something different that may explain the results you're getting.

By default, attachments all appear at the bottom of the post. You can click the arrow to the right of the paper clip "Manage attachments" and the attachments will appear in your message text as in this example:
PHP Code:
[ATTACH]38062[/ATTACH
If you move these you can put words between the attachments.

Just noticed CC posted something very similar, so... Like he said!!
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #58

Newmar Owners Club
OK . Well I figured out what the problem has been. I have been trying to post attachments while using my Ipad. I am now on our desktop and the screen is finally coming up as appears on your previous posts. The screen that shows the "Browse" spaces doesn't even come up on the original version of the Ipad that we own. So, I'll now try to find some of the pictures and get a posting on here. Thanks for all your patience. (I guess with all my "patients" I should have been a doctor !!! Yuck, yuck)
Old 05-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #59

Newmar Owners Club
Here are a couple of pictures from the factory showing or new CS3940. The pre-paint pictures are from last week. The paint went on earlier thhis week. They are the colors of the basic Cinnabark exterior in reversed application. We had seen this at the Tampa Super Show and decided to pay for the change. Hope you like it.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	160919043.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	38077   Click image for larger version

Name:	160919045.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	38078  

Name:	160919054.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	38079   Click image for larger version

Name:	160919053.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	38080  

Old 05-03-2013, 06:05 AM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Looks great! Did you get the rear window or is that a mirror in the BR? If it is a window, is it single or double pane? We wanted one but didn't want single pane as we do a lot of winter camping. I suspect they did not offer one on ours as the rear cap is curved and they can't easily make a curved double-pane window.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #61

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you. it is actually hard to tell what it looks like in the overall scheme of things from these photos but it really is quite nice when you can see the entire coach. You are correct in spotting the rear window. We believe it is double pane (and sure hope it is) for the same reasons you have expressed...camping in colder weather. Check back and we'll let you know once we have 100% certainty.
As better pictures are available we'll get them posted. It is supposed to leave Newmar a week from today. Our dealer has indicated that it could be ready for us sometime from the middle to end of the following week.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:00 AM   #62

Newmar Owners Club
Looks GREAT!!!! I love the paint scheme. know your chomping at the bit, you are so close, after a long wait.

CC
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #63

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks cc8375. Your input on this thread has helped us a lot as we have been waiting for this to happen. Word is that it will be picked up at the factory this coming Friday. The dealer is saying they expect we should be able to take delivery by the 17th if not a day or two sooner. We plan to stay at a campground in the vicinity of the dealer for the first night or two to see how things go. Although there are other Newmar dealers closer to us we bought from "the world's largest Newmar dealer" as they say. They're about a 2 to 3 hour drive away from home base. I'll be focusing on getting the new toad set up this week. Again, Thanks.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:08 AM   #64

Newmar Owners Club
Newmar 3940

Just another addition....... added a AC outlet on side of cabinets, works well for toaster. This outlet is easier to get to them some of the other ones. Did Not put this outlet on the inverter.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1802.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	332.6 KB
ID:	39417  
Old 05-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #65
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have added your thread to QT's # 3 thanks.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #66

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc8375 View Post
Just another addition....... added a AC outlet on side of cabinets, works well for toaster. This outlet is easier to get to them some of the other ones. Did Not put this outlet on the inverter.
I like this! How did you get the wire there? Did you tap an existing source or run back to the breaker box?
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:00 AM   #67

Newmar Owners Club
Tapped off an existing source behind the cabinets. Placed feed in a metal junction box, and then extended from there.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #68

Newmar Owners Club
Cc8375...We picked up our 3940 on Friday. Before we drove away we Had them do the DISH receiver installation and add a surge protector to the full electrical system of the coach. Drove it to an RV park about 20 miles north of the dealer. Drove very well. We've been here for two nights and will stay until tomorrow. Very pleased with everything and almost everything seems to be working well. The only question so far has been the need to run the rear a/c to a fairly cold temp in order to give the front a/c unit some help in bringing down the forward coach temp. Of course we're parked in the direct Florida sun but we're wondering how you or other 3940 owners have found the a/c ? Aside from that we've been enjoying it and can't believe it is ours!
We did get a 110 outlet next to to co-pilots chair but thought we remembered some as saying they didn't get one. We didn't order anything special but we're happy it's there.
We'll..... Gotta run. Many systems to study up on. Plenty to do but we'll check back once or twice over the next couple of days.
Regards.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #69

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDogRanch
Cc8375...We picked up our 3940 on Friday. Before we drove away we Had them do the DISH receiver installation and add a surge protector to the full electrical system of the coach. Drove it to an RV park about 20 miles north of the dealer. Drove very well. We've been here for two nights and will stay until tomorrow. Very pleased with everything and almost everything seems to be working well. The only question so far has been the need to run the rear a/c to a fairly cold temp in order to give the front a/c unit some help in bringing down the forward coach temp. Of course we're parked in the direct Florida sun but we're wondering how you or other 3940 owners have found the a/c ? Aside from that we've been enjoying it and can't believe it is ours!
We did get a 110 outlet next to to co-pilots chair but thought we remembered some as saying they didn't get one. We didn't order anything special but we're happy it's there.
We'll..... Gotta run. Many systems to study up on. Plenty to do but we'll check back once or twice over the next couple of days.
Regards.
Congratulations on your new coach!! We have a 37' DSDP and we too run both A/C's to keep the whole coach nice and cool, especially in the mid afternoon sun. If your coach is facing west, as we are this week in Hilton Head, SC we have to keep the front windshield blind down to minimize the heat inside the coach. You can feel the heat from the sun in the front overhead cabinets. Enjoy your travels and welcome to being a Newmar owner.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:53 AM   #70

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDogRanch View Post
Regards.
GREAT!!!! ...... I am sure you will be as Happy with your coach as we are with ours. We do run both AC's at times, I tend to keep the zone 2 set a little colder than the front. Units are both quiet. Did get a AC outlet by copilots chair. A little tough to get too. That is the only one on that side, till I added the one on the side of the cabinets.