RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2018, 06:28 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2013 DSDP to 2019 DSDP -- The Changes

I wanted to have a place to list some of the many changes that are in the 2019, based on coming from my 2013.

A lot of the changes made are a direct result of the Hoots feedback to Newmar. It is so nice to see that they do listen.

One of the things I talked with newmar about in 2013 was the lack of an External temperature Input for the AGS-N. It really bugged me that i had to depend on the ME-ARC temp sensor to start the generator, vs going from the dometic thermostat.

That change was implemented in 2014, and has remained since then. I finally get to have that sensor with my 2019!! Can't wait to find a situation where I can use it

The large sleeper sofa now folds out in a manner that allows you to sleep length wise with the coach, allowing for a pathway when both this and the jack knife are in use. This is a huge advantage for me, as i was having to crawl over a bed and try not to squish a child when leaving the coach before others are awake.

Another change is how low the toe kicks are on the cabinets,and around the bed. I really like this, as we were always losing batteries under the counters. Now even a AAA will not fit under.

The televator switch is now on the opposite wall of the televator! Makes so much sense, I don't know when this happened, but I never did understand why it was next to the televator before.

KIB lighting is a well known feature, and I think it was added in 2014. I am just now joining that party.

One thing that I reported in 2013 during my FPU was the passenger side shade switch. It did not operate the shade to the right of the passenger, but rather operated the windshield shade. That windshield shade was a full screen shade, and I could not understand why the passenger had control of it. To operate the one to the right of the passenger, you had to use a dash switch. I reported this as a miswire, but was told this was on purpose. Now they have it right. I don't know when this change happened, but I am glad to see it has changed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181006_201734.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	221686   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181006_201748.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	221687  

Name:	20181006_201808.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	221688  

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2018, 06:35 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The sewer hose storage in the 2013 was terrible. i know this box changed a few years ago, and that in 2018, it had a key to lock it. I am happy to report that in 2019, there is no key. This box is very large. I have 20' of Valterra Domintator hose, and all the connections, and believe there is room for another 20'.

The way I installed the 5 in fence post on the 2013 is no longer possible. There is no exposed metal under the bottom of the 2019, including the 2 rails in the center. All of these have been covered with a protective box, and sealed with a rubber adhesive. This is a very good looking seal, but it does eliminate the old method of fence posts. I am glad the new sewer storage bay is so useful.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:39 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The digital dash is still not something I am a fan of. Along with the almost useless menu options, you lose a very important VIP control of the cruse control and ICC. There does not appear to be a replacement location for the ICC, but the cruise control has been relocated to the stalk, like cars of old. I like my old way of doing the cruise control, but I can learn a new way. I do not understand why the ICC was removed. I have not figured out the headlight system yet, and it has many buttons on the dash, so maybe one of them is the replacement for ICC.

The headlight flash remains on the steering wheel, so you can tell the trucks when to come over, but you can't thank them when they return the favor.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:41 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The Oasis exhaust is now on the driver side, under the FWS. This is much preferred, as we like to sleep with bedroom windows open, and always forget to turn off the burner before bed. Now I can just leave it on.

Old 10-06-2018, 07:41 PM   #5

In our previous coach we could lose large items under the bed. We had no toe kicks in the kitchen. I didn't notice this in the new coach, but I'm glad there is.
FMCA #F456868 NKK #23023
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:50 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie. View Post
In our previous coach we could lose large items under the bed. We had no toe kicks in the kitchen. I didn't notice this in the new coach, but I'm glad there is.
Large items - Like a roomba? I had that problem and gave up on the roomba in the 2013. I think it will work nicely in the 2019!

(And Yes Ernie, that means more $$$)

Old 10-07-2018, 07:29 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The new front entry door is a great improvement. This style door does not have the air lock mechanism that engages with the air brake.

The door itself is squared at all corners, vs the previous door that angled at the front top edge.

Closing the door to the 2nd latch is very simple. No longer need to slam it shut.

The screen door is an interesting change, and one that I have mixed feelings over.

The top half of the door has a sliding mesh screen, that is either open or closed. In the closed position, it is like any normal screen door. In the open/up position, it is like leaving the top half open. Bugs come in, etc.

I dont understand the reason behind this, as it is too high to be a quick pass thru of items.

One nice touch is a new handle that allows you to open the screen door without sliding the panel back.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:43 AM   #8

http://www.irv2.com/forums/attachmen...1&d=1538923312
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2007.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	221723  
FMCA #F456868 NKK #23023
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:24 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The ac thermostat sensor for zone 1 has been relocated from the sidewall beside the driver to the window valence on the slide. It is a much better location. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181014_002214.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	222504

Old 10-13-2018, 10:28 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The dash air conditioner controls now have backlighting. This makes it much easier to see which control you are adjusting when night driving.Click image for larger version

Name:	20181014_002529.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	222508Click image for larger version

Name:	20181014_002600.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	222509

Old 10-13-2018, 11:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
The digital dash is still not something I am a fan of. Along with the almost useless menu options, you lose a very important VIP control of the cruse control and ICC. There does not appear to be a replacement location for the ICC, but the cruise control has been relocated to the stalk, like cars of old. I like my old way of doing the cruise control, but I can learn a new way. I do not understand why the ICC was removed. I have not figured out the headlight system yet, and it has many buttons on the dash, so maybe one of them is the replacement for ICC.

The headlight flash remains on the steering wheel, so you can tell the trucks when to come over, but you can't thank them when they return the favor.
ICC button is on the left control pad on the steering wheel. It is the top button.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:52 AM   #12

Quote:

The screen door is an interesting change, and one that I have mixed feelings over.

The top half of the door has a sliding mesh screen, that is either open or closed. In the closed position, it is like any normal screen door. In the open/up position, it is like leaving the top half open. Bugs come in, etc.

I dont understand the reason behind this, as it is too high to be a quick pass thru of items.

most common answer given is for visibility.....bringing the screen down allows a better view out the window when driving......
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 04:52 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Dutchstar Don just reminded me that the 2019 Freightliner includes a new shield for the radiator fan. This is the official fix for eliminating the "Freightliner Dust Storm". I am not sure what year this was added, but it is definitely in the 2019's.

Old 11-01-2018, 05:20 PM   #14

Quote:
The sewer hose storage in the 2013 was terrible. i know this box changed a few years ago, and that in 2018, it had a key to lock it. I am happy to report that in 2019, there is no key. This box is very large. I have 20' of Valterra Domintator hose, and all the connections, and believe there is room for another 20'.

The way I installed the 5 in fence post on the 2013 is no longer possible. There is no exposed metal under the bottom of the 2019, including the 2 rails in the center. All of these have been covered with a protective box, and sealed with a rubber adhesive. This is a very good looking seal, but it does eliminate the old method of fence posts. I am glad the new sewer storage bay is so useful.

I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve left the key to the sewer storage inside the coach when I go out to setup or tear down... I’m going to have them change it at my service appt in dec...