Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2013, 06:01 AM   #15

I have to agree another show, sounds like Tampa, is the way to go if we want to see these big investments up close. Hope people know I was not bashing Newmar but their representing dealer at the show.
Augies Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2013, 06:04 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Glad to read that you intend to go the 2014 Tampa Show. We lived in Connecticut until last December when we retired and moved to our home in Florida. We had attended the Hershey Show in the past (as well as the Springfield, Providence, Boston and Hartford shows) and found it all helpful but NONE was nearly as complete as the Tampa Show. We were going to buy a Tiffin but selected Newmar once we could really see the units side by side. Tiffin is certainly a good brand but for our money the choice was obvious....we had to have a Newmar. We went to all three days of the Tampa Show and ordered ours through NorthTrail RV.
We just returned last week from a three month trip back to New England (going through a total of 15 states) and we are very pleased with our Newmar. It performed beautifully and we received compliments all along the way.
Whatever you decide you should certainly be able get the info you need at the Tampa Show.
Good Luck and Best Wishes for finding the coach of your dreams.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:10 AM   #17
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
It's not Newmar, but unfortunately it was the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yas View Post
Hi,
What's up with Newmar? Thoughts?

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:28 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Most states have laws prohibiting out of state dealers from selling or even exhibiting at RV shows if there is an in state dealer at the show.

As Gary noted above, if the instate dealer has little inventory, then there is not much to see.

I also agree with Gary that Tampa is the show to attend. It's much larger than Hershey and North Trail will have a lot of coaches there.

In addition, Newmar factory officers and reps will be there.

Spartan and Freightliner will also be there with display chassis, so you can get any chassis questions answered.

Three of the major brands at the show, Newmar, Entegra, and Tiffin, were all represented by NY State based dealers. Entegra was RVOne (Albany RV, Buffalo RV, Orlando RV, and Des Moines RV), Tiffin was Colton RV from the Buffalo area, and Newmar was Wilkins from Bath and Rochester.

Wilkins has a very good reputation here in Western NY so I'm surprised at the sales person's lack of knowledge and lack of willingness to help out a potential customer. That is outside of what they are known for as a dealer.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Sorry to hear.....

Things were different last year, Several Newmar Reps and factory staff to help answer questions. We purchased at the show and are Very happy!

CC
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
What discount off msrp can I expect on a DP Ventana 34, I assume 25-30%
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:07 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
IMHO you will be fortunate if you see anything greater than 23% to 25%. Assume nothing until your deal is done. You may be in the right place at the right time and get lucky. The exceptions may come on last year's units that have been sitting around for a while. Less likely, but I suppose possible, on current year models. Good luck with your negotiations.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Hi jimbo2013,
My experience is the only way you get the lowest price is via a signed sales contract. Make sure everything you want is in the contract. Take 35 percent off the MSRP. Have the rep write the contract for that price. Provide the appropriate deposit and write in the contract the dealer has 24 hours, no more and no excuses, to accept or the deal is void. You would be surprised how hard it is for a dealer to reject money in hand.

This puts the pressure on the dealer to get with the manufacturer, finance, etc. to make the deal happen.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #23

I'd be very jealous about anyone getting up to a 35 % discount on any Newmar order and certainly didn't get that when I ordered the 2013 Ventana 3434. Have to agree with LongDog Ranch that about 25 % is most likely.

The best place that I found while searching for price was Dick Gore RV where they would give you the discounted base price and than use a 25% discount for options.

Just my experience.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
It sure won't hurt to start at 35%. Ordering one should get a 27-28% discount from MSRP. Buying a close-out after the new ones are on the lot, will get an even deeper discount, 30% or a little better. Larger dealers who do big volume, are the best places to shop for larger discounts.
MoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:46 AM   #25

Yas I have been considering buying a Newmar for some time and understand what you experienced at Hershey. I was there too. From reading this Forum I have learned that the owners do like their Newmars and they get their problems taken care of either by the dealer or many by trip a to the Factory. I think you need to make the extra effort to buy one today. The buying experience does not to me seem very good, but the actual ownership would be better. That is only my opinion. Part of the problem is I do not want to spend the time to get Newmar's attention. I call them and the local rep is not available , leave your name then no follow up from them. I have no local Newmar dealer here close to me in Eastern Pa. and that alone gives a big enough of a hurdle for me that I am looking for alternatives.
Good Luck hope you find one and have good RV experiences.
Rich
RBink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:58 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Hi lass,
I got 33% off the MSRP on my signature coach. Here you go . There is too much going on behind the scenes for a retail customer to know what the best price is going to be. The bottom line is work the deal with a signed sales contract in place. It is the only way to get the best price.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi lass,
I got 33% off the MSRP on my signature coach. Here you go . There is too much going on behind the scenes for a retail customer to know what the best price is going to be. The bottom line is work the deal with a signed sales contract in place. It is the only way to get the best price.
I'm still jealous. The best I could do on a new order for my Ventana was 28%.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:39 AM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Well Jimbo2013 there you have it. Guess you can expect anything from 23 to 36%. Not sure what that says other than only you will know when the deal feels right for you. If you can order exactly what you want and get the larger discount then congratulations are in order....and you should be very happy. On the other hand if you can get the larger discount but only on something other than your ideal coach (perhaps a "leftover" from an earlier model year, maybe a different floorplan than you are hoping for, etc.) only you can decide whether or not that is going to work for you.
One thing I suspect is that everyone on this discussion thread hopes you end up with the Newmar of your choice at a price you feel good about and that you enjoy it for many many miles.
Good luck and happy negotiating!