Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2012, 05:00 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
2013 Newmar Canyon Star -play pandora

Does the new Canyon Star radio connection play Pandora?
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2012, 06:00 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Pandora is internet radio. As far as I know, the only way to play it thru your radio would be to connect another item like a smart phone, ipad, or laptop with your auxiliary connection on the radio. I'm not even sure if that's possible. I have an MP3 player inputted to my radio. Maybe someone more tech-savy than I am can answer your question.
DandS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
On my Honda I play Pandora thru my radion from my Iphone. I see a USB port, was wondering if it would work thru the radio.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc8375 View Post
On my Honda I play Pandora thru my radion from my Iphone. I see a USB port, was wondering if it would work thru the radio.
If it works, this is surely the way.

We have the Honda CR-V, too, which is set up for Pandora, and we use Bluetooth to enable Pandora -- but it seems to me that what you suggest should work perfectly without Bluetooth. Connect USB between smartphone and coach radio and set coach radio to Auxillary. Then play Pandora from smartphone. I do it this way all the time with our other vehicles not specifically set up for Pandora like the CR-V and it works in them like a charm.

There is a possibility, though not likely, that your coach radio is also Bluetooth enabled so do check that. If so, the connection to Pandora is much easier IMO.

Please let us know if your solution works. We just love Pandora and have gone to Pandora One subscription with no regrets.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
I'll let you know, we pick up our new coach on Friday, I did not get Sirus / Xm , have it now and it is going down the tubes.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc8375 View Post
I'll let you know, we pick up our new coach on Friday, I did not get Sirus / Xm , have it now and it is going down the tubes.
CC --

Any luck with Pandora on your new coach? And congrats on your coach!

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
What a Hoot!
Old 12-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #7

Today, I pick up my Ventana and stream Pandora from my I Phone. You can also have navigation come directly thru the coach / radio speakers.
lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lass View Post
Today, I pick up my Ventana and stream Pandora from my I Phone. You can also have navigation come directly thru the coach / radio speakers.
Pics, Lass!!!!

Por favor.

Congrats!

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
What a Hoot!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:24 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
Pics, Lass!!!!

Por favor.

Congrats!

Deek
2013 Ventana 3434 custom paint. It start out as the standard NAPA selection and ended up as the 2012 Dutch Star custom color combination. The picture were sent by Newmar the day after paint.

We picked up the unit from North Trails yesterday and the initial inspection, it had very little that had to be adjusted. So far, so good. I should say that I did find a small area of paint over spray under the clear coat, but not sure if I really want the section repainted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0063.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	301.6 KB
ID:	30604   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0064.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	30605  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0065.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	320.4 KB
ID:	30606   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0067.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	30607  

Old 12-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lass View Post
2013 Ventana 3434 custom paint. It start out as the standard NAPA selection and ended up as the 2012 Dutch Star custom color combination. The picture were sent by Newmar the day after paint.

We picked up the unit from North Trails yesterday and the initial inspection, it had very little that had to be adjusted. So far, so good. I should say that I did find a small area of paint over spray under the clear coat, but not sure if I really want the section repainted.
Just fabulous, Lass! Sincerest congratulations! Thanks for the pics.

Outstanding color choices and simply beautiful coach.

As you know from my posts, we absolutely loved our '11 Ventana 3433 and were very sorry to see it go. While we are certainly excited about our '13 Dutch Star, we were really happy with our Ventana. You and your wife will be very, very happy too.

Best wishes ... and Merry Christmas!!

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
What a Hoot!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congratulations to you both and to all others with a Newmar to be under their Christmas Trees.
A Merry Christmas to all.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #12

Beautiful, beautiful! Can't wait to hear your experiences over the next little while as you get to know your coach. I have a Ventana ordered and I'm truly excited. As for Pandora, do I understand that you linked your iPhone via bluetooth to stream? I knew I'd have hands free calling via bluetooth but didn't extend that thought to Pandora or listening to my favorite NPR stations via TuneIn radio app. Very cool!
Gary
Old 12-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #13

2013 Newmar 3434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadweary View Post
Beautiful, beautiful! Can't wait to hear your experiences over the next little while as you get to know your coach. I have a Ventana ordered and I'm truly excited. As for Pandora, do I understand that you linked your iPhone via bluetooth to stream? I knew I'd have hands free calling via bluetooth but didn't extend that thought to Pandora or listening to my favorite NPR stations via TuneIn radio app. Very cool!
Gary
First, I should apologize to CC8375 for not starting a new thread when responding to Deek and posting my pictures, but still want to thank everyone for their nice comments about the coach. If I knew how to reset the tread, I would do it.

Roadwerry.........I haven't learned all of the bells yet on the radio but I connect my iPhone (cables) to the USB and aux input. Start your iPhone navigation and Pandora in order to get both directly through the RV radio system. This eliminates the need for an external speaker system for just the cell phone.

Don't know yet if I even have bluetooth let alone connect with it.

Now I'm off to the storage unit to wash off all of the Florida bugs from the front end.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
Congratulations to you both and to all others with a Newmar to be under their Christmas Trees.
A Merry Christmas to all.
Thanks, 007. What a fun thing to have coming -- a new Newmar!

There are a bunch of us in the same category -- CC, Roadweary, Lass, Skmwalden, Pitty. How much fun it is to ride in one horse open sleigh!

As to Pandora and the radio, I am pretty sure that when we were last in Nappanee in early November, we specifically asked if the radio in our 2013 Dutch Star 4018 would be Bluetooth and could be used with our iPhones, and we told it is and we can. We got the Sirius/XM ready radio on our Dutch Star, but not the navigation this time, as we were not impressed with the navi on our Ventanta and we believe the Garmin Dezl 760LMT (to be released 12/31/12) will be a much better choice for us.

Assuming the radio is Bluetooth, there will be no wires to connect -- you simply pair the iPhone with the radio in the coach and then you are set up for Pandora, iTunes and any other apps you have on the iPhone that will play through the coach sound system. Really, it couldn't be easier.

As others have posted, it is a real question whether we will go back to Sirius/XM in light of Pandora. Sirius/XM is terrific, but Pandora does all the same stuff better and a lot cheaper IMHO (even with a Pandora One subscription for $36/year with better digital quality music, no pauses and no commercials, which we have). In light of that, why pay the Sirius/XM monthly fees?

I just don't see the benefit v. Pandora and iTunes unless there is specific programming on Sirius/XM that you can't get elsewhere. We haven't found that yet. We are music lovers and will use the radio mainly for that. Pandora and iTunes are perfect -- and for our purposes better than Sirius/XM we are thinking.

As to radio connectivity with the iPhone, the worst case is that we will have to use the hard wired cable which comes with the coach and connect that to the iPhone for Pandora, iTunes, etc. But I am pretty sure that all the radios we're discussing on the new Newmar coaches are Bluetooth enabled and should be able to be used wirelessly.

Happy Holidays to all!!!!

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
What a Hoot!

Tags
newmar