RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2019, 11:24 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
2013 Ventana driver seat has no power

Today while moving my seat forward due to a leg cramp, the seat stopped moving. When we arrived at the park, I checked the 25 amp fuse and it was fine. Apparently there is no power getting to the fuse. I cycled the seat turning mechanism and still no power. Visually it looks like all wires are secure. Any ideas?

benbom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2019, 07:44 AM   #2

Try sitting in it and aggressively forcing it back and forth a couple of times. My original seat would do that every so often. Factory techs checked it over the first year and said they could not find anything wrong with it. It was almost like it would "stick" in one forward position.

My replacement seat doesn't do that.

FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:25 AM   #3

Same thing happened to me yesterday in my 2019 Ventana. Moved the seat forward to put slides in, went to leave, seat would not move. Drove awhile maybe 30 minutes and tried again and it worked fine. Almost like a capacitor didn't have enough power, then with travel time renewed power. It happened on the passenger seat one time also, but that too corrected after a bit of travel. Not sure how the seats are wired or what power requirements are. I have not consulted Newmar as of yet. IF someone has insight, it would be appreciated.
Kenwerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:10 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have had the same problem a few times.
I fixed it by disconnecting the plug to the seat for a minute and then plugging it back in. This has worked several times, I do not know why.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:08 AM   #5

I think most Newmar power seats have a fuse under the seat. However, there is usually an auto reset circuit breaker that feeds the fuse. That would explain intermittent operation.
hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:06 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for your suggestions. I forcibly tried to move the seat back, but to no avail. I checked the fuse under the seat, and it was fine. I cannot find any wires that might have come loose orlook like they have caught with the seat movement mechanism. I called Newmar and they said the motor probably died. I have looked for a breaker that might be for the seat but unless it is in the outside compartment under the drivers side window, (where i haven't looked yet,) can't find any. So I guess it is a trip to the repair shop where we all spend (MU) (motorhome Units....(Cash)... :-)
benbom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:53 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbom View Post
Thanks for your suggestions. I forcibly tried to move the seat back, but to no avail. I checked the fuse under the seat, and it was fine. I cannot find any wires that might have come loose orlook like they have caught with the seat movement mechanism. I called Newmar and they said the motor probably died. I have looked for a breaker that might be for the seat but unless it is in the outside compartment under the drivers side window, (where i haven't looked yet,) can't find any. So I guess it is a trip to the repair shop where we all spend (MU) (motorhome Units....(Cash)... :-)
Search for the wires with a white plug connector that come from the floor and connect to the seat wires with a white plug. The plugs fitting are hard to disconnect from each other but it can be done if you work with them. That will kill to power to the seat and hopefully when you reconnect them the seat will move again. That was how I was able to reset the seat an get it to move.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:31 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Most times on the power seat its the wiring in plug that becomes loose when moving or turning around for facing when seating.
There is only a fuse to motor to operate.
Check the plug closely.
Other problems possibly with your coach.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver, no power, power, vent, ventana