Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Don. I have two subscriptions one for each car and I was trying to purchase a third subscription but the unit would not load the information to the radio that is why the tech fro Sirius said the unit was not working properly. He said on any Sirius ready radio you can get the free ads on channel without a subscription , then you call them give them the ID fron the radio and pay and they connect the radio. It is aproblem with the radio or antenna or some other dealer/ manufacture problem
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
I was hoping I would get some easy answer fro the group and fix it myself but that does not seem to be the issue. Looks like it is back to the dealership !!!
Old 12-01-2014, 06:52 PM   #17
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Tom.....I guess I misunderstood the issue. It might be the antenna as others mentioned. It only takes a few minutes to pull the screws that hold the radio panel in. I would check to see if the antenna is plugged in.

It was last January when I fired up mine. It seems there is a step missing. I had to locate the radio ID number and provide that to Sirius, along with my old subscription number. I wish I could remember more, but it took awhile and then worked.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:04 PM   #18

Sirius

I believe Sirius is free for a little while. I have sirius on several cars but I don't have a subscription on my jeep but it is on now. I think it is on for several more days free .sounds like it is not connected to your radio.
Smosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:00 PM   #19

Tom, I don't have the navagation system, just the radio, I'd have to look again but I think it's a Sony. So my system isn't as good as yours, I think something is just not hooked up right or they forgot to put it in. Like Don said when we did our Camry they asked for our ID number, but it only took a few minutes to get the service.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 10:23 PM   #20

To get to the back of the radio you have to remove the whole panel it's attached to.

But to look for the Sirius box shown earlier, you can just remove this drawer:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0096.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	80371

It will be attached to the wiring harness, but can come free and hang. Causing it to unplug itself, which maybe the reason the radio isn't acknowledging Sirius.

There where also some bad radios that Newmar got stuck with, lots where replaced.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:14 AM   #21

We have the Clarion unit also and we too get the ad/music when I select Sirius without having the subscription. When we travel for a month or more, I switch the subscription over from one of the cars to the MH and then back to the car when we get back home .
Just across the bay from you in Apollo Beach
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:14 AM   #22

Had exact same problem with my Ventana / Clarion. Conference call with Newmar and Clarion. The problem is your antenna wiring has come loose behind the radio. It is a press together audio connector that vibrates loose. Newmar simply tapes the connection with electrical tape. To fix, remove the rectangular plastic trim ring ( pops off with gentle pressure ), remove tiny Phillips head screws from side flanges of radio unit ( careful not to drop screws - they are very small ). Pull radio unit straight out ( may need to work from side to side a bit to get it loose ). There is enough slack in the wiring to allow radio to come clear of dash. The Sirius antenna wiring is on the left side of the radio. Follow it back about 6" to the connector. Unwrap the connection, and press it back tight, then retape. Should load the programming now.
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 07:24 AM   #23

Tom yes I have the book with the number written in. I cannot find anything in the upper cabinet. We are at Buckhorn Lake Resort in Kerrville Tx till Christmas then to Arizona.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:18 AM   #24

Same exact problem with my 2014 DS delivered in May of 14. Depending on when your coach was built Newmar ran out of the Sirus module which allows your Sirus "ready" Clarion radio to work with Sirus and claimed they are no longer available. In my case they just deleted it from invoice to dealer and no one bothered to notify me. I paid dealer for it (the $238 you refer to).
Resolution has been as follows: The module is available aftermarket and dealer bought it and shipped it to me. Newmar will install it when I return to Nappanee for final warranty service in May 2015.
I can look up what was shipped to me by dealer if that will help.
Not sure if yours is same issue or not but details are very similar to my experience.
TXDrifters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 01:11 PM   #25
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newmar 14 View Post
Trying to determine if I neesd a receiver or not. Our coach has a clarion dash radio with nav. system and is supposed to have ' sirius satelite radio capability" per our option which we paid additional $238. It does state that it "does not include monthly subscription". When I select Siruis on touch screen , siruis displays and says "Loading" but nothing ever loads. When I called Siruis tech support they tell me the radio unit is not functioning properly and should return to dealer. When I called dealer they " need to research the issue" Does anyone have siruis or any help here. Thanks in advance.
This may be a dumb question but are you parked in an area where you can't receive satellite signals? Under trees, in a garage, etc.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
No Not under any trees and my car sirius radio is working fine. Thanks to all for the info. I am going to try the ideas given and will let you know what I find out,
Old 12-02-2014, 04:22 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Ok took out the drawer and found the sirius connect box. the antenna wire was zip tied to the connection outlet so it was not the problem. I also then took out the radio as per instructions given by britcon. as far as I can tell all connections are connected. Still reads "loading" on sirius radio screen. The time readout is keepin correct time, the cd, fm radio and nav system programs all work properly. I am wondering if the "sirius connect" unit may be faulty? Anyway thanks for all the help. I would never had even attempted to take the radio or anything else out of the unit on my own. thats why this forum is so great, you can also ask for help and people always respond with various ideas. Looks like it goes back to dealer when I get home mid Dec. Hope you all have a great Holiday and great New Year.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:20 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
dutchstar =sirius

Click image for larger version

Name:	radio3 007.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	80428

[attach]80429[/Click image for larger version

Name:	radio3 007.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	164.2 KB