Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2013, 05:59 AM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
Hey Phil!

If you happen to get this message, how about giving us an update on how things are coming along with your decisions. Did you order your Dutch Star yet? What model did you decide on? When is expected delivery? Who did you decide on for the dealer? What are the top options / specials you ordered?

In short, how about a thorough update to us wannabies who are living vicariously through you?

Deek

Here's the update:

EMPTY SPACE AND CRICKET NOISES

I've moved the thread over to

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/2014...-a-165853.html

...at the recommendation of 007.

We turned in the signed "Greenbar sheet" with all options and specials listed on June 26th. Didn't hear back from them until July 9 when Dick Gore sent the prints/drawings/schematics (whatever) to be signed. We did so that day.

That's where it stands now. We are waiting on Build schedules, vin numbers and the like. Everything else is in place: financing (COmmerce Bank @3.25%), extended service warranty (wholesale warranties), insurance (your guy Ron) and umbrella (USAA).

The next biggie is the selection of the Dinghy. We're leaning Grand Cherokee.....

With all that said and it being July 14th, Sevierville Hoots Tour is becoming iffy for us if 3 months is the build time. We need a week or so after leaving Nappanee to do some stuff back in St. Louis (pick up Labs and other items).

Will keep you posted on the DUTCH STAR 4038 site
RedBird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2013, 06:23 AM   #170

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Pessman,

Do you have the official Newmar graphic that you can post? If you don't mind my asking, what was the charge for the paint change? Thanks!
FlaSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:31 AM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaSam View Post
Pessman,

Do you have the official Newmar graphic that you can post? If you don't mind my asking, what was the charge for the paint change? Thanks!

Hi FlaSam

Give me a second to finish the coffee and waffles and I'll post it and answer your questions over at

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/2014....html:flowers:
RedBird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #172

Tiffin Owners Club
Great thread guys! We're currently Tiffin owners but took a test drive of a Newmar at the NW FMCA Rally and now we're strongly considering the Dutch Star for our next coach. All this info is great, does anyone know more about the 4369 model? Specifically I'd LOVE to see some pictures of the "bar" area....

Dutch Star Floorplans | Newmar

THANKS!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #173

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by itgeekgal View Post
Great thread guys! We're currently Tiffin owners but took a test drive of a Newmar at the NW FMCA Rally and now we're strongly considering the Dutch Star for our next coach. All this info is great, does anyone know more about the 4369 model? Specifically I'd LOVE to see some pictures of the "bar" area....

THANKS!!!
This was in the latest edition of Kountry Klub magazine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4369.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	44152  
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #174

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by itgeekgal View Post

THANKS!!!
Steve and Karen --

Welcome to our Thread!

We're all a bit prejudiced, as you can imagine, but we think you will be very happy with a choice of the new Dutch Star -- in whatever model you choose.

There is, frankly, lots of info on this and other related threads about the Dutch Stars that many of us own, and there seems to be a focus on the DS models which have been built following Newmar's re-design of this model beginning with the 2013 production year. Be sure to browse that info if you haven't done so already. We all candidly discuss our pros and cons and many of us have found the give and take and back and forth extremely helpful in making our own model selections and options in the DS orders we have placed with Newmar.

As to the current Dutch Star run, when we ordered our '13 4018, we were told that our particular model was the number one selling model for Newmar since it was introduced in the summer of 2012. That to me says something of significance -- there has to be a reason so many have ordered the current Dutch Star.

If you are interested, you will find a few comments, too, from Tiffin to Newmar owners. I think it's fair to say that those of us who have been around the block and have considered both Newmar and Tiffin have tremendous respect for Bob Tiffin and the entire Tiffin organization. Certainly they manufacture high quality motor homes. Like several others, it was for us a tough choice between the two. But having made our decision, we simply could not be happier with Newmar and all we got with our purchase. And if I read the comments correctly in this and the related Dutch Star threads, I think we are not the exceptions to the rule.

Best wishes in your search!

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #175
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Karen, welcome to the Newmar forum if you go to QT's # 3 and look for the
HOOT's threads they will give good incite on the Newmar ordering process and how much the people at Newmar will work with you to have the coach of your dreams.
Good luck in your quest.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote