Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #71

Apologies Kathryn

I thought the pictures all transferred to that shutterfly site from my iPad...but they didn't.

So NOW if you go to:

http://dutchstar4038.shutterfly.com

...and click on the new 26(?) pics, the paint process is captured in pictures 60-85

...I think
RedBird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2013, 06:26 AM   #72

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Taping

pessman … the photos are there and really show what is involved in painting a coach. They also lead me to a question.

Has anybody ever watched or seen how they get started with the taping process? Do they have a template that they somehow project or fasten to the coach to get the lines started … or is it all done free-hand?

However they do it … they sure go through a lot of tape! I bet the tape venders are waiting at the door at each vender contract renewal time!

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:40 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmwalden View Post
pessman … the photos are there and really show what is involved in painting a coach. They also lead me to a question.

Has anybody ever watched or seen how they get started with the taping process? Do they have a template that they somehow project or fasten to the coach to get the lines started … or is it all done free-hand?

However they do it … they sure go through a lot of tape! I bet the tape venders are waiting at the door at each vender contract renewal time!

Steve

A really good question!! I've sent an email to Carl Snyder. He'll know and maybe even have a video of the process. Keep you posted. P

Rejoining the game?
Old 08-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #74

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Excellent, pessman! I've just now had a chance to look through the whole thread, and the pics. Thanks for the effort!
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:04 PM   #75

Newmar Owners Club
Great photo story.

Thanks for sharing.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:24 PM   #76

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Definitely a fun thread, Phil. Thanks for all the effort.

Many of us nutty owners live for this kind of stuff, as you well know!!

Deek

P.S. Nice job on your signature! Good work.
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #77

STEVE (And anyone else interested in the paint masking), here's the response back from Carl Snyder....

Hello Phil,

Here is the response from our paint shop concerning installing the graphics on the side of Newmar product.

Hope this answer the questions you had.

Phil, The graphic designs are cut by our vendor and come in 4- 36” rolls for each side. Panel 1 sits on the hinge rail then the next 2 go on top of that and the 4th one goes below the first one. Then we tape the splices together. We do some free hand taping on the front and back depending on the design. This is how all the lines are so crisp and consistent. If everything was done by free hand you would have a lot of wavy lines. Hope this helps you understand the process. By the way good color choice, looks classy and so far one of a kind. Thanks Joe B

Thanks,

Carl Snyder
Owner Relations
Newmar Corporation

Rejoining the game?
Old 08-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #78

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
pessman,

Thanks for posting the answer. It all makes sense now.

Also I see that Joe B of the paint shop has confirmed you have a "one of a kind" paint job ... well until the 2015 model line comes out .

I can just read that into the words "so far" ...

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #79

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Steve --

Really, it's only "new" until you place the order for your '15 Mountain Aire!

By the way, we were privileged to meet Joe B. when we took our tour in early January when our 4018 was in production. Thanks to PDR John's good advice, we were able to get Michelle to get us into the Paint Department and Joe gave us a fabulous tour of each and every step of the paint process. Really a super guy and incredibly knowledgable.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #80

Water Filtration Systems

All:

Apologies for those who saw this in another thread. We're about to pull the trigger on purchasing a system for the new DS, one that the Newmar engineers would install (if necessary) during CPU week.

Here's the question:

What kind of water filtration system (if any) are you using in your coaches? If you are, where have you placed the system and why? (under sink? permanent fixture in under carriage where water intake is? Free standing for use between park water supply and coach?

Anyone used or heard of this:

METAL-TRAP ULTRA DUAL SYSTEM 6 - Hydro Pure Technologies

Thanks, as always!

Phil

Rejoining the game?
Old 08-27-2013, 01:59 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by pessman View Post
All:

Apologies for those who saw this in another thread. We're about to pull the trigger on purchasing a system for the new DS, one that the Newmar engineers would install (if necessary) during CPU week.

Here's the question:

What kind of water filtration system (if any) are you using in your coaches? If you are, where have you placed the system and why? (under sink? permanent fixture in under carriage where water intake is? Free standing for use between park water supply and coach?

Anyone used or heard of this:METAL-TRAP ULTRA DUAL SYSTEM 6
- Hydro Pure Technologies

Thanks, as always!

Phil
hmmmmm ... have you considered a RO system? sample link:

http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/WCRO.htm

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #82

Hi Phil,
We're also trying to decide what to do long term regarding water filtration. When we were in Nappanee watching our coach go down the line we met a nice couple, Max and Kathy, who were in their sixth year of fulltiming. They had a Vagabond RO system. We went to look at their coach and I was thoroughly impressed. He had washed the whole coach and his car that morning in a ridiculously short amount of time because he didn't have to dry it. His coach was mostly black and his car was all black, and they both looked GREAT! I've attached some pictures of his water bay showing the RO system and the bib he installed to draw water from. He removed his outside shower and used that water supply for the bib.

The website for Vagabond is: www.vagabondwater.com - Shopping Cart.

PM me if you would like Max's email address to get more details as he's not on iRV2.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0639.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	45037   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0640.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	45038  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0641.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	45039  
NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original)
dpeterso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeterso View Post
Hi Phil,
We're also trying to decide what to do long term regarding water filtration. When we were in Nappanee watching our coach go down the line we met a nice couple, Max and Kathy, who were in their sixth year of fulltiming. They had a Vagabond RO system. We went to look at their coach and I was thoroughly impressed. He had washed the whole coach and his car that morning in a ridiculously short amount of time because he didn't have to dry it. His coach was mostly black and his car was all black, and they both looked GREAT! I've attached some pictures of his water bay showing the RO system and the bib he installed to draw water from. He removed his outside shower and used that water supply for the bib.

The website for Vagabond is: www.vagabondwater.com - Shopping Cart.

PM me if you would like Max's email address to get more details as he's not on iRV2.

Hey thanks Dale!!

Yeah, I'm in research mode. Spent and hour+ on the phone yesterday with Richard Dahl -- Mr. RVWaterFilterStore.com guy. Learned a hell of a lot. I think I'll get a little mileage on me and the vehicle before we decide on a system. The Vagabond certainly looks interesting!

One thing Rick mentioned was whether you wanted a system filter between shore water and the holding tank. A lot of sediment collects over time. If so, a dual canister carbon block filter + sediment filter can be installed in the upper right section of the service bay, then feed into the holding tank before it goes through the canister/filter Newmar installed. And it could be a whole RV RO system. My concern is with all those filters, water flow to the coach is impacted. Richard said you would need to insure 60-65+ psi out of the shore water connection.

How goes the early days of DS World?

Phil

Rejoining the game?
Old 08-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #84
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Phil as everyone adds info on water filtration I add a link of continued posting, into QT's # 3 for a continuing discussion and info on this subject.

Its tied in with the water filter thread.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote