RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2018, 08:18 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2014 Dutch Star Water Pump Has Quit.

Read on this forum or some other forum about a mother board that is linked to the water pump and holding tanks readout. Do you know where this information can be found.

Surtidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2018, 07:54 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surtidor View Post
Read on this forum or some other forum about a mother board that is linked to the water pump and holding tanks readout. Do you know where this information can be found.
My water pump quit working a couple of years ago - and I determined it was the latching controller. It was located near the water pump - seems like it about 2 inches square in size.

Jon Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surtidor View Post

More probably the pump controller, located in the wet bay. We carry a spare.

If you by-pass the controller and the pump works, you have the culprit. Good luck!-Paul
Old 10-13-2018, 12:26 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2014 Dutch Star Water Pump Has Quit

There are four water pump switches. One in kitchen, one in each bathroom and one in the wet bay. The light would come on in one location without being pushed. Would happen in other locations at different times. Pulled the fuse. All lights stayed on. Returned the fuse to the panel, lights would go off. System would work like it was suppose to. Now the system will not work.

Saw somewhere in a discussion group how this problem was corrected. Can not remember where. There was a picture of the replacement part and a detailed description on how to fix it. It was stated that this part controls your holding tanks level readings, too.

Appreciate any information to help solve the problem.
Surtidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 11:53 AM   #5

Good day Surtidor
I have attached the "motherboard" - i.e. in reality a controller for the pump. It has a procedure to check it out. Normally located in the pump in the wet bay.
Regards
Dutch Master
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Water Pump Service Manual.pdf (86.1 KB, 28 views)
Dutch Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:47 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"Surtidor"......The latching controller allows you to connect 1-100 water pump switches, it doesn't care. When you push one of your water pump momentary switches in the coach, it sends a ground to the "latching controller" telling it to turn on. Hit the button again and it sends another ground signal and tells it to turn off. Your switches in your coach are just a switch between the controller and ground (-).

Here's how to test if the controller is bad. Typically, you wire a switch into a pump or other product, by cutting the hot side (+) and putting the switch in between. When it comes to the pump controller, the water pump is wired direct to power. The switch is the "latching controller" and is wired to switch the ground side. Sooooo….an easy way to see if the "latching controller" is bad, just simply connect a ground wire to the water pump, if it turns on, the controller is bad. This is also the way you bypass it in an emergency. Just leave the ground wire attached.

Newmar uses some off brand controller that went bad in my 2014 within the first six months. I replaced mine with a quality "Intellitec" model and kept the replacement from Newmar as a spare.

Lastly, on the 2014's, they mounted the controller to the left side wall of the wet bay (as you face the wet bay). It's mounted higher than the wet bay wall, so you have to get down on a knee and look up under the wall.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:50 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Hey Don, I was wondering if your 14 DS has the KIB VBus switches to control the water pump? Or were they separate momentary switches?
Iím have the water pump problem with my 2015 DS and assume itís the module since I have connected the pump to ground and it runs.
pshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:27 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"pshoe".....I had KIB switches in my 2014 and now my 2019. You need the latching controller. Here it is on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Intellitec-00...ing+controller
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:02 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
I had trouble with my water pump last week while staying in Flagstaff. Since it was below freezing we were using the pump throughout the day and topping off the tank from a hose when it became low. After about 25 minutes of shower use by my wife and I, the pump shut off. About 15 minutes later, it started working again. I ordered a new controller on Amazon and had it delivered to the park we were at. Two days later, the same problem occurred using the new controller. I contacted FloJet Tech Support and described the problem. He told me that the pump was probably getting too hot and tripped the thermal switch on the pump. They suggested that we allow the pump to cool 15-30 minutes between showers. The pump is not rated for continuous duty. Only about 15 minutes of continuous use. Restricting the flow at the shower head also made the pump start/stop continuously while showering which placed an additional load on it.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:56 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum.
In QT's # 3 second page you will find links and diagrams of wiring information, in things about water.
This link will come in handy also.
A Newmar search will give you more info on pump situation. RESULT

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dutch star, water, water pump