Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2014, 02:49 AM   #1

2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4 x 4

Just purchased a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4 x 4 to flat tow behind our 2003 Newmar DSDP and can't say enough great things about the jeep. Tons of neat features. 9 speed active drive II transmission is smooth, very little road noise, compfy seats. So far just a great vehicle. Ours has most options, can remote start the vehicle, decent gas mileage, great sound system. Usually buy Hondas but fell in love with the Jeep.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2014, 10:21 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congrats on your new Cherokee and coach now you have safe travels with both enjoy the fun.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm a fan of the old Cherokees (1984-2001) but it looks like Jeep has done a good job with this all new design.
Some folks don't like the looks of the front end (one guy likened it to a constipated frog) but at least it is modern and not a cookie cutter design.
Enjoy!
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:16 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Picked up our 2014 Jeep Cherokee a few weeks ago and we really like it so far. Investigating the options for setting it up for towing and unfortunately, the availability of options like wiring harnesses are lacking since it is a new model. Has anyone got theirs set up for towing yet?
johnnysfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:35 AM   #5
One of the Hoots

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
johnnysfun ... not sure if this one will fit ... but it is the one I ordered for my new 2014 Jeep Rubicon. Jeep should be here next week.

Mopar Wiring harness

I ordered it from these folks.

Tow Vehicle Wiring Harness. Hitches & Towing. 2013 JEEP WRANGLER # 82211156AB, 82211156

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:02 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the suggestion FLSteve. The people at each of the harness manufacturers have indicated that it needs a new version. Unfortunately, none of them have made one yet. Could use the universal diode kits but would prefer a plugin version. About out of other options though since most say it will be 6 months before they have one. Still waiting to hear back on a time frame from Demco.

Congrats on the new Rubicon. Sounds like you will be ready for some serious "off roading."
johnnysfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:09 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
I had the Demco wiring done when the engineered and fit the base plate at the factory in December. I have towed mine 9 times and the lights have not been a problem
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #8

We have the 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk. I love the combination of off-road capability and on-road handling. Before we chose this for our toad, I tried out a VW GTI (good handling; would have used a tow dolly) and a Jeep Wrangler Sahara (good off-road ability). When i tried the Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, I knew I had found the right balance between those two features. We also got the heated leather seats (to reduce both the chill of cold mornings and dog fur on the seats) and the tow package, just in case we ever need it.

When we had our set up done, the Blue Ox base plates were not available. So, we have the Roadmaster base plates and adapter to go with the Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. The tow brake system is the Unified. Though more expensive, I like the 'plug and go' capability. For the wiring, there was not a specific harness that fit the plug on the LED tail lights. So, the Mopar generic harness was used. The tech had to test the wires on the plug to see which needed to be tapped into.

Overall, the combination works really well and we are quite happy with our choice.