Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2017, 04:33 PM   #29

Is that the price for any Neewmar DP motor home or just ones with an existing silver leaf system
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2017, 04:44 PM   #30

Where did you go to get Silverleaf Installed
drdonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:21 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I also had roof leaks in the forward section of my 2014 Mountain Aire and I got up on the roof and used eternabond to seal any seam that remotely appeared to be suspect. The leak stopped for a few rain storms and then the leak came back a month later. I went on the roof again and could not see any obvious places where water could be coming in. I found that when I used my level ours and angled the coach a little to one side, the leak stopped... This got me by until I could get someone to look at the roof.

I found a Seal-Tech shop on my way home and they had a hard time finding the leak. It wasn't until he leaned over toward the roof rail that he saw a few small bubbles coming out from one of the bolts that hold the roof rail down.... He applied the correct sealant, resealed my shower skylight and sealed a few smaller sidewall leaks that he found around two different windows. A great job by the Seal-Tech technician and I have been dry ever since September.

As a thought, I used an extendable ladder to get up on my roof. I would carefully lean the ladder, using rags at the top to prevent scratching, against the roof rail. I wonder if the pressure applied to the roof rail by the ladder, and my weight, might have made the 3 year old sealant crack at the bolt.....???? Guess I need to figure out another place to lean my ladder.
Tomp4801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 09:31 PM   #32

It's been stated to be sure and check the seals on the slides when their open to be sure the slide is completely sealed against the coach wall. I can see the seals on the front end only of the FWS and the kitchen slide when they are open, but not at the rear of those two slides nor on either end of the bedroom slide.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to keep a close watch on all the seals on all the slides? The rubber wipers stop being able to see anything from the outside.

This 2015 4018 is our 5th recreational vehicle and I've never had any leaks caused by the slide seals, roof or window leaks yes, but never any slides. Guess I'd better start trying to watch the best I can.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:16 AM   #33

I don't know, but I would suspect you would first have to have the system in your coach.
bwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:19 AM   #34

The SILVERLEAF tech was at a rally in Indio, CA and drove over to Buckeye, AZ where are parked and put in in for us.

One of the best decisions I have made.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:43 AM   #35
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I'd suspect it's coming in off the slide somehow.

You might want to just try moving the coach a bit and re-leveling.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:00 PM   #36

Good news!

Roof Leak found and fixed, the middle AC was loose, once it was tightened no leak.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Billy
Old 01-26-2017, 08:50 PM   #37

Billy how did you find it?
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 09:54 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwinters View Post
Good news!

Roof Leak found and fixed, the middle AC was loose, once it was tightened no leak.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Billy
Great news! Rail!
Old 01-27-2017, 09:00 AM   #39

I got the number of a mobile RV repair service from the office at the park where we are staying, called them they came out, took a water hose and let it run around the middle AC and it started leaking in the bedroom in the same place as before. The put a new gasket in place, tightened the unit down, ran the hose again and "nothing". They then did that to the other AC's.

Cost $155.00
Old 01-27-2017, 09:54 AM   #40

Thanks for the report back, that is good info for others. Glad to hear you got it fixed.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 03:55 PM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
can you post some pics of the glass dash. I sent you a PM also if you can email.

thanks
Real Hummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 04:40 PM   #42

Your roof leak

Build a better unit or hire more tecks .if I had to wait that long I would be piss.
bblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, roof