Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2014, 07:57 PM   #1
Zak

2014 solar kits, led awning lights

If you watch the Essex video on newmars website for the 2014, the guy mentions a group of new flexible 95 watt solar charging panel,system that comes as an option on the roof. I think it's a few panels...to charge the house batteries. Anyone out there seen thse or know anything about them? I ordered a 2014 MADP which goes into production next week and I'm wondering of this is one of,those late breaking options I should get?

Also, the mountainaire brochure shows a blue led light under the Gerard awnings, but it's not listed as a std or optional feature...but is on the Essex. The photos in both brochures sure look like the same LEDs are present on both coaches...anyone know if the MADP comes with them?

Thanks team!
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2014, 10:21 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
If you watch the Essex video on newmars website for the 2014, the guy mentions a group of new flexible 95 watt solar charging panel,system that comes as an option on the roof. I think it's a few panels...to charge the house batteries. Anyone out there seen thse or know anything about them? I ordered a 2014 MADP which goes into production next week and I'm wondering of this is one of,those late breaking options I should get? Also, the mountainaire brochure shows a blue led light under the Gerard awnings, but it's not listed as a std or optional feature...but is on the Essex. The photos in both brochures sure look like the same LEDs are present on both coaches...anyone know if the MADP comes with them? Thanks team!
Hello Zak,
I ordered additional upgrades during production of our 2014 MADP 4369. The coach goes to painting department tomorrow.
You will need to order your additional upgrades ASAP, or you may miss the point in production where the upgrade can be done by Newmar. Apropos of your question regarding [upgraded additional] Girard awnings: please refer to the pictures below. The picture of the Mountain Aire shows the LED lighting on the edge of the awning and along the top of the coach as you can see in the photo which occurs with only with the extra Girard awning upgrade. I added extra LED lights for underneath the slides same as for the King Aire as you can see on my production order sheet. Plus I ordered wiring for undercarriage LED lights which Newmar installed. However, Newmar would not add the actual undercarriage LED lights because this is exclusive to the King Air. Therefore, the dealer will install the LED lights for us. This was a good deal for us. Hope the foregoing information helps you.
Best wishes,
Joe, "RV4Me4Life"

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3634849166.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	54409

Name:	image-3035506223.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	54411

Name:	image-3676458815.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	54410
RV4Me4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #3
Zak

Great info. We ordered the 4369 as well, goes into next production run...Next week I believe. So are you saying the LEDs come standard in the Gerard awnings already on the MA, or you did order them as an option? I was quoted about $950 today to add the LEDs and an induction range. Did you add that as well. People on the forum seem to be leaning towards the induction units as an upgrade.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:48 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
go to gopower.com they are the leaders in mobile power. 200 watt flex 10 yr. warrentee, 160 rigid 25 yr . check it out

I'm going fot 3 / 160s on a 36 footer
pops2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, lights, solar