Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydu View Post
Steve,
The water pump does and wants to run. Where is this sensor and how of I access it?
Lloyd, If you mean by 'sensor' the pressure switch that turns the pump on and off when water pressure is needed this switch is on the bottom of my 2014 coach. The controller board that went bad on my and Dutch Star Don's coach is beside the water pump behind the panel in the water closet. The switch has two red wires on it. One wire comes from the controller board 12V pin. The other red wire on the switch goes to the actual pump motor. So when water is needed the switch closes and the 12 volts energizes the pump. When the water faucet is closed and the pressure builds up in the plumbing the pressure switch opens and the 12V is removed from the pump motor. If your motor is trying to start and then stops likely the pressure switch on the bottom pf the pump is bad. Ted
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2014, 06:15 PM   #16
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Got the Intellitec version of the controller today. Plugged it in and everything worked great. The Intellitec even uses the same mounting holes. I will get the C-Storm tomorrow from Newmar and will keep as a spare.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:19 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Just had to replace this item on our 2014 Canyon Star and this post sure did help me find the problem. Got ready to head south and "no water pump and no green light". Got the part from Newmar and the work around got us down the road.
conmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:36 AM   #18

I have replaced this relay a SECOND time this past summer. This time I bought the intellitec brand.
(Intellitec 00-00145-100 -- WATER PUMP CONTROLLER 10A)
instead of the one that Newmar used. It was the same pin-out and size. A direct replacement. i hope it lasts longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conmoto View Post
Just had to replace this item on our 2014 Canyon Star and this post sure did help me find the problem. Got ready to head south and "no water pump and no green light". Got the part from Newmar and the work around got us down the road.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:45 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I'm amazed at Newmar's willingness to assist the owner over the phone. I called early this morning regarding the controller. I told them I had checked the system and determined the controller had failed. No questions, no hesitation......your part is on the way. I paid to upgrade to 2nd day air and it was shipped this morning.

Most manufacturers demand you drag the coach to a shop for diagnosis. What a pain on a simple problem. The parts guy says they don't always just ship parts, but in certain situations they do. I'm guessing Newmar saved $80.00 - $100 in warranty charges from the dealer. Smart business.
We had the same problem with the controller, and Newmar shipped us a new one at no charge as well. We had been having intermittent problems with it this summer, and when we went out to check on the coach a couple of weeks ago, tried to turn on the pump, the controller blew, melted, and filled the wet bays with smoke. Scary, and burned out the pump in the process. The fuse never did blow. I think Newmar knows there is an issue with this controller and like you, no questions asked when we asked for a new part. We will keep a really close eye on this one. I wish we had known about the other brand of controller before we had this one installed.
twinknkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:25 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
I realize this is an old thread, but for anyone researching this part failure, here is what I found:
Apparently, C-STORM is no longer in operation. Their website is still there, but the phone is disconnected and the FAX number is answered by another company in the Chicago area.
The controller in our 2014 Canyon Star (purchased new in 2016) just failed. With a solid-state controller failing as rapidly as these I'm not surprised the company is out of business.
I found the Intelletic available on Amazon (along with the C_Storm from some sellers). Given what I read here, I chose the Intelletic.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:53 AM   #21

I replaced that part on our 2014 also. Made a jumper as described and after replacing the relay I left the jumper wrapped around the wiring harness for the next episode.

Tags
vent, water, water pump