Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2015, 05:46 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
2015 Bay Star 3215 Ordered!

Just sent off my deposit check to Tom Lindstrom for our new Bay Star. We are hoping he can pull off some magic for a May/June delivery so we can have it the whole summer. This is our family vacation rig, aka "summer cabin on wheels". I think this year our cabin will be in Banff If you're curious, feel free to check out the Build Sheet.

Let me put in a word for Tom. So far he's been super responsive and straight-forward. He had a quote back immediately, for a good price, and answered all questions super promptly. His quote was actually not the lowest, but I felt the most comfortable with him. Also appreciated his ability to use e-mail. It seems many dealers require a fair bit of phone tag to do these deals.

Of course a big thanks to everyone on the forums for all the valuable insight. I documented the pros and cons of all the motorhomes we considered along the way here: Motorhome Shopping: The Contenders. We started with Class C's, and moved our way up!
Vacay Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2015, 06:47 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Congratulations and welcome to the Newmar family.
You sure looked at many MH's interesting in your finds good and bad.
Overhead bunk you need to draw straws for first night and alternate from than on, our twins when small could fit with a gate so not falling off. They were pretty athletic and no problem climbing up Dads seat to bed, they thought that was great until we started to pull a sleeper pop-up for their private domain.
Here is a Owners Guide not sure you received one so you can pass the time and below in my signature plenty of links to also keep occupied.
Tom has had many good comments by people add you to list.
Enjoy the coach and many safe travels in the future.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 07:19 PM   #3

Vacay Wheels, congratulations on your Baystar purchase. We handed our deposit to Tom Lindstrom on January 24th. I second your opinion of the Tom Lindstrom experience.

Our coach goes into production on April 28th. We opted for a factory delivery. Don't have the exact date of pickup yet...but Tom estimates early June.

There is a thread started for those of us with Newmar's on order. There is plenty to learn in there about the process ahead of you.

2015 Newmar Ventana 3636 (on order)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:45 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks! Oh yes, I've been following the 2015 deliveries thread. I'll be excited to add our coach to the list when we get a date...

Yeah, we drove a lot of motorhomes, and considered a lot of options. We really did not want to buy too early and then regret the decision. I hope we can keep this for a long time.

I'm pretty sure our younger child gets the bunk. She goes to bed earlier, wakes up later, and likes her naps. But I guess you never really know until you hit the road.
Vacay Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 02:36 AM   #5

Congratulations! Many safe and happy miles.
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 04:36 AM   #6

We have looked at many rv's over the years and the wife proclaimed that she wants a new rv to replace our once new 22 year old rig. Chris likes the Bay Star 3103 except for the carpet in the bedroom. I did not know there was an option to extend the tile, should I tell her? I say that because I like our old Bounder.
Our fanatsy coach, optons and reasons are very similar to what you have ordered. The overhead bunk for my well ventilated naps. Rear window to avoid the sarcophagus feel. We simply quit looking at rv's as bedroom windows slowly disappeared, unless you were popped out. The cockpit table is on her our must list, but seems pricy for what it is. Like you found, the optional shades seemed like a fair deal after pricing them out. The same goes for the fantastic fans pricing, especially when these options are discounted.
Thanks for posting your order info so we could learn about the tile extension.
I was born in Seattle and live close by in Newcastle and from what I have heard, would take a chance ordering out of state. There is really only one Newmar dealer that I know of in western Washington, that being Fife RV.
Hope you get your rv on time and have fun.
Kevin
Steady_Rest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 04:48 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Congratulations!
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:56 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good for you! Good luck with your new toy.

And welcome to the Newmar family.

I can only imagine the excitement of ordering a new motor home. I have ordered many a new car in my day and know looking, planning, "dealing" is half the fun!

We have an older Newmar coach and I just returned from dropping it off yesterday for some repairs and upgrades. They might be a tad expensive but who better to work on your rig than the people who built it.

I can tell you this, your motor home will be built with professionalism and care. They are good people in Nappenee, IN.

I enjoyed your blog and all the units you looked at, thank you.

Again, the best to you and your family, I would love to live out your way, I spent time in Montana - so many great places to see - all beautiful.

Take care,

g
Old 03-14-2015, 09:57 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Vacay Wheels,
Congrats on the new coach. Welcome to the Newmar family of owners. You have many happy memories waiting to be made. The timing of delivery may be okay for you. The more complicated the coach the more difficult it is to insert it into the manufacturing schedule. The Star lineup of coaches are easier to place into manufacturing.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 10:14 AM   #10

Congrats on your order, I look forward to seeing the photos.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:11 PM   #11

Great choice! Best of luck
Old 03-14-2015, 02:16 PM   #12

Congrats on your new MH. Once you meet Tom in person you will be even happier and relieved that you gave him your business. He is the most honest/ethical dealer I have ever met, and has become a friend to us. When you go to pick it up, it will be ready to roll. His team does a great PDI, making sure every component works as it should, including making sure all the audio video components are wired and set up correctly. He will have it sitting out with everything running and spend as much time with you as needed to make sure you know how to operate it. When we bought ours I didn't have one minute of buyers remorse and that was all due to Tom and how he treats his customers. Good Luck and have many safe and happy travels.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 03:28 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Congratulations on the new coach
Old 03-14-2015, 08:37 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Congratulations on the new coach.

We're a little ways ahead of you in the production line, with a 5 May start date.

Downsizing from an ancient Country Coach to a 3124 Bay Star. Had initially been thinking Class C, but nothing was clicking for us. Finally realized there were small Class A's that we'd never considered.

Even tho we're losing about 7' in length, the Bay Star with FWS is going to feel huge compared to the CC that has no slides. Maybe we'd better stop thinking "downsize" and switch to "upgrade."

Exciting times!

Jim & Candy in CO
jrbarber is offline   Reply With Quote