Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2017, 05:28 PM   #1

2015 DSDP piping flaking

I'm looking at a used 2015 DSDP and the seat covers piping and some of the covers themselves are flaking off. I've read on here that Newmar will change the covers at no cost.

My question is: Will Newmar still change the seat covers if someone other than the original owner buys the coach?
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2017, 10:36 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
In my opinion, I think they will. This was a known problem as you know across the whole Villa line that year due to defective material. I'd give them a call and discuss it, after all, it's not your fault the original owner didn't go for the replacement coverings. I've heard of no instance where Newmar balked at replacing the coverings. See what they say, and good luck, hope it works out for you.

Regards,
W.D.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 08:59 AM   #3

Thank you for the information. Would you know who at Newmar could answer this question?
Old 12-25-2017, 09:42 AM   #4

Yes, they will replace. Might ask for pix. You have to pay installation. Call customer service.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:24 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
I own a 2015 DSDP 4018. I bought it new . . . Newmar did not hesitate to fix it. Electra 225 made a great point, start by contacting Newmar.
Ok Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 04:15 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
We also have a 15 DS 4018. When we noticed the flaking of the seat material we contacted Newmar service. They asked for pictures then scheduled us to have the seats recovered at no charge. We took the coach to Nappannee and the front seats were sent to Villa to be recovered. (Took about a week). The other furniture pieces that used the same material were replaced.
Old 12-26-2017, 09:35 AM   #7

I also had my coach upholstery redone by Newmar inside the warranty period. I think the only answer to your question on Newmar covering this outside of the warranty period might have to come from Newmar. Or, is the coach for sale through a newmar dealer? If so they could sure make the call for you.
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 06:15 PM   #8

We have a '15 4369 DS that was showing the flaking piping so we called Newmar and because we were not the original owners they would replace the vinyl for labor cost only.
They replaced all of the furniture and recovered the two captains chairs. The labor charge turned out to be around $1000 or 8 hours at $125 an hour. If you have the work done during their "winter special" labor price it may cost you a bit less.
Had we been the original owners Newmar would do the whole job for free even after the warranty period.
opeltodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 07:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeltodd View Post
We have a '15 4369 DS that was showing the flaking piping so we called Newmar and because we were not the original owners they would replace the vinyl for labor cost only.
They replaced all of the furniture and recovered the two captains chairs. The labor charge turned out to be around $1000 or 8 hours at $125 an hour. If you have the work done during their "winter special" labor price it may cost you a bit less.
Had we been the original owners Newmar would do the whole job for free even after the warranty period.

Thanks, this is the answer I was looking for. This particular coach is being sold by a private party, so no dealer involvement. I'll call Newmar just to make sure they will do it. $1000 is that bad for new seat covers & furniture.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:24 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
How 'bout this then......

Make a deal with the current (original) owner that you'll buy the coach.......give them a sizable deposit with promissory note......and have THEM take it to Newmar to get it done for free. Then settle up and take possession of the coach later.

This would work out best if: the coach isn't 2000 miles from Nappanee, and paying for fuel there and back doesn't cost more than you paying labor to have it done.

Just a crazy thought with not knowing all the variables.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:14 AM   #11

As I said previously, Newmar will furnish covers. I'm second owner and had to pay for installation. Dealer quote was 1k, waited till I got to Florida, Independence RV gave me the name of a guy they use for this work, he came to me at the rv park, removed the seats and took them back to his shop on a Wednesday, brought back and installed on Saturday, all at half the cost.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglou847 View Post
As I said previously, Newmar will furnish covers. I'm second owner and had to pay for installation. Dealer quote was 1k, waited till I got to Florida, Independence RV gave me the name of a guy they use for this work, he came to me at the rv park, removed the seats and took them back to his shop on a Wednesday, brought back and installed on Saturday, all at half the cost.

Did Newmar ship the covers to you?
Old 12-28-2017, 05:00 AM   #13

Yes, took about 5 weeks.