RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-11-2015, 01:52 PM   #57
Junior Member
 
2 hikers's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomakat View Post
"upgraded solar prep wire to heavier gauge"

Does any know what gauge of wire should I upgrade to for the solar prep?
Hi tomakat,

Info re upgraded solar wiring is in my new post: 2015 Dutch Star 4018 - ordered in Dec.

I just joined irv2, so hopefully I'm posting properly. Thanks again for everyone's suggestions!
__________________

2 hikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2015, 02:53 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
RV4Me4Life's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Placitas, NM
Posts: 147
Hello "2 hikers",
Welcome to the forum. I'm always amazed at the knowledge level of so many people who full-time or just use their motor homes for recreational use. You'll learn a lot.
__________________

__________________
JoMar (Joe & Mary Ann)
2014 Mountain Aire (4369), 450HP DP
towing 2010 Dodge Laramie Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab w/Blue Ox Tow Bar
RV4Me4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:25 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
tomakat's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 hikers View Post
Hi tomakat,

Info re upgraded solar wiring is in my new post: 2015 Dutch Star 4018 - ordered in Dec.

I just joined irv2, so hopefully I'm posting properly. Thanks again for everyone's suggestions!
Thanks, 2_Hikers.

I was actually at the design center yesterday and met with Michelle and she asked me, "What grade of wiring did you want?" Ummm!! ......she suggested 6 gauge, but she told me that I should research the wiring based on the solar panels I'll be installing. Luckily, it seems to be the correct spec.

-Tom
__________________
2015 Newmar Dutch Star - 4018 (ISL 450hp)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Cody (Australian Shepherd puppy)
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:53 PM   #60
Community Moderator
 
"007"'s Avatar


 
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 28,989
Tom there is information about Solar installs in QT's # 3.
__________________
98KSCA, 99MACA, 03 KSCA-3740- 8.1 Chev-- ALLISON Trans
VISIT the NEWMAR QUICK TIPS & EASYMODS 1 & 2
QUICK TIPS # 3
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:36 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
Tomp4801's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Estero, FL
Posts: 381
Hey Caputech, Sorry if I missed this explanation, but I noticed a "non standard" outside shower setup in your water bay.... Can you explain this..
__________________
Tom and Karen
2014 Newmar Mountain Aire 4369
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd.
Tomp4801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:52 AM   #62
Senior Member
 
CapuTech's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomp4801 View Post
Hey Caputech, Sorry if I missed this explanation, but I noticed a "non standard" outside shower setup in your water bay.... Can you explain this..
As you know, the standard shower is not of much value. I replaced it right away with one with much more flow and flexibility. It's a 5 minute swap out.

Here's the link:

http://amzn.com/B002P2YGHE

There are two sizes. This is the one you need (the 4" model).

That link should also have the needed quick connect for the hose. Before you install it, be sure to remove the flow restrictors out of each tap. They just pop out with a screw driver.

I have used this connection to wash the coach and windshield with warm water. The best compact hose I have found for this is this one. Expensive, but highly recommended.

http://amzn.com/B00M8UUWV2
__________________
The Engel Family
2015 Dutch Star 4312, 2015 Ford Explorer Sport with AF1
CapuTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:48 AM   #63
Senior Member
 
Tomp4801's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Estero, FL
Posts: 381
2015 Dutch Star Factory Delivery and Two Month Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapuTech View Post
As you know, the standard shower is not of much value. I replaced it right away with one with much more flow and flexibility. It's a 5 minute swap out.

Here's the link:

http://amzn.com/B002P2YGHE

There are two sizes. This is the one you need (the 4" model).

That link should also have the needed quick connect for the hose. Before you install it, be sure to remove the flow restrictors out of each tap. They just pop out with a screw driver.

I have used this connection to wash the coach and windshield with warm water. The best compact hose I have found for this is this one. Expensive, but highly recommended.

http://amzn.com/B00M8UUWV2

This is awesome.....great idea. I just ordered all those parts. Thank you. P.S. Do you find that hot water makes it easier to remove the bugs? I guess that's why it is now an option to have a hot water line run to the generator...🤓

Also, what handheld shower head is in the picture? It looks like it's attached to a coiled hose. Did you change that to the clear flat hose?
__________________
Tom and Karen
2014 Newmar Mountain Aire 4369
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd.
Tomp4801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:40 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
CapuTech's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomp4801 View Post
This is awesome.....great idea. I just ordered all those parts. Thank you. P.S. Do you find that hot water makes it easier to remove the bugs? I guess that's why it is now an option to have a hot water line run to the generator...��

Also, what handheld shower head is in the picture? It looks like it's attached to a coiled hose. Did you change that to the clear flat hose?
I keep the coiled hose in the water bay as the normal hose. It's really easy to pull out and rinse off sandy feet, etc. I use the clear hose when I need something longer to wash the windshield. The warm/hot water makes it much easier.

The nozzle in the picture is this one. http://amzn.com/B007CW20AW

It's pretty much a portable shower head, with a gentle flow. Made for water plants, but works perfect for this use. When I wash the windshield, I use a regular hose nozzle. Quick connects make it all easy to switch around.

The coiled hose is a higher quality one as well. See this link. http://amzn.com/B003P9XAHS

I use the "Eggplant" one for the shower and a brown one for black tank rinsing. I store the brown one in the small tube storage spot above the tag axle. Bout all I could fit in there, but it works nicely.

One other tip for washing the windshield... I use a microfiber floor mop. It works amazingly well. Wet the windshield, then use a wetted mop to scrub it. Then switch to a dry mop to dry it off. Works better than a squeegee! Here's a link for that too.

http://amzn.com/B00IX1NUKK
__________________
The Engel Family
2015 Dutch Star 4312, 2015 Ford Explorer Sport with AF1
CapuTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:55 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
Tomp4801's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Estero, FL
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapuTech View Post
I keep the coiled hose in the water bay as the normal hose. It's really easy to pull out and rinse off sandy feet, etc. I use the clear hose when I need something longer to wash the windshield. The warm/hot water makes it much easier.

The nozzle in the picture is this one. http://amzn.com/B007CW20AW

It's pretty much a portable shower head, with a gentle flow. Made for water plants, but works perfect for this use. When I wash the windshield, I use a regular hose nozzle. Quick connects make it all easy to switch around.

The coiled hose is a higher quality one as well. See this link. http://amzn.com/B003P9XAHS

I use the "Eggplant" one for the shower and a brown one for black tank rinsing. I store the brown one in the small tube storage spot above the tag axle. Bout all I could fit in there, but it works nicely.

One other tip for washing the windshield... I use a microfiber floor mop. It works amazingly well. Wet the windshield, then use a wetted mop to scrub it. Then switch to a dry mop to dry it off. Works better than a squeegee! Here's a link for that too.

http://amzn.com/B00IX1NUKK

Great stuff.....thanks again. I am not sure where that storage spot is above the tag axle.....maybe a picture would help?
__________________
Tom and Karen
2014 Newmar Mountain Aire 4369
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd.
Tomp4801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 03:07 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
CapuTech's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomp4801 View Post
Great stuff.....thanks again. I am not sure where that storage spot is above the tag axle.....maybe a picture would help?
Here are the only two pics I have handy. One of my coach, the other of a demo unit. That little door is what I'm referring to. Maybe the MADP does not have that...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hose Storage.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	271.8 KB
ID:	110620   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hose Storage (1).jpg
Views:	54
Size:	370.0 KB
ID:	110621  

__________________
The Engel Family
2015 Dutch Star 4312, 2015 Ford Explorer Sport with AF1
CapuTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:33 PM   #67
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapuTech View Post
Here are the only two pics I have handy. One of my coach, the other of a demo unit. That little door is what I'm referring to. Maybe the MADP does not have that...
Is that the driver's side DEF fill?
pokerloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 09:48 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
redbaron73's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,342
Blog Entries: 4
No, it's for storing a sewer hose.


2013 Newmar Dutchstar 4347, Active Air
__________________
2019 DSDP 4369 * FREIGHTLINER XCR * HWH ACTIVE AIR

NHSO (Newmar Hoot, Sevierville Original), Kindness Matters
redbaron73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:15 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
Tomp4801's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Estero, FL
Posts: 381
Ahhhhhh...sewer hose storage.....yes, I have one of those... I could probably fit a lot of Sanicon hose in there....lol.
__________________

__________________
Tom and Karen
2014 Newmar Mountain Aire 4369
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd.
Tomp4801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dutch star



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.