Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2015, 10:31 AM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
Absolutely beautiful. Love the exterior color scheme. Enjoy the travels in style and safety!!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Foru
kkdef is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2015, 12:21 PM   #30

G O R G E O U S !!! Please, more pics when you can

Jeff on Lake Conroe
1997 American Eagle
2013 FJ Cruiser 4x4 Toad
jd956jd956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 01:29 PM   #31
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Awesome looking coach!

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:12 PM   #32

Consider me skeptical... For all the niceness and newness of this fantastic looking coach, I think Joe is really gonna miss his old VCR.

AzSkier - "new owner of Joe's 06 Essex"

This is Joe's old VCR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150905_141745.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	105987  
Old 09-05-2015, 09:17 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by azSkier View Post
Consider me skeptical... For all the niceness and newness of this fantastic looking coach, I think Joe is really gonna miss his old VCR.

AzSkier - "new owner of Joe's 06 Essex"

This is Joe's old VCR
Mike, what have you done to my old VCR???? I miss it. NOT!
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:25 PM   #34

Friday was the last day at Newmar Service for our factory delivery. First thing at 6 AM was to put it back on the scales and Gary the mechanic set the ride heights to help correct the discrepancy from side to side. With a short time, he got the weight differential to 40 lbs.! That is nearly perfect. Could not be more pleased.

Before we left on Thursday, tech John Miller began fabricating the angle-iron shelf frames that I had requested be added. See pictures. He did a great job and the added space is really nice. Friday morning when we got the coach back to the service center he installed them.

After these shelves were completed at 9:30 AM we were ready to pull out and head to Petoskey, MI for a week.

Overall I cannot say enough about what a great experience the factory delivery process was. From our Tech, Gene Schmucker, to the team leader Nevin Miller, to service manger Ken Miller and all the other support folks, they did a wonderful job. AND each and everyone we came in contact with was pleasant to work with and talk to. They sincerely are appreciative of the customer. And I really appreciation their work and support.

Now we are off to enjoy our coach as we travel the mid-west then south and west to our winter place at Motorcoach Country Club in Indio, CA.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Essex shelves 538.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	271.2 KB
ID:	105989   Click image for larger version

Name:	Essex shelves 539.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	249.9 KB
ID:	105990  

Old 09-05-2015, 09:43 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd956jd956 View Post
G O R G E O U S !!! Please, more pics when you can

Jeff on Lake Conroe
1997 American Eagle
2013 FJ Cruiser 4x4 Toad
Here you are Jeff:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Essex pics 538.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	105992   Click image for larger version

Name:	Essex pics 551.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	105993  

Name:	Essex pics 549.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	105994   Click image for larger version

Name:	Essex pics 544.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	105995  

Name:	Essex pics 540.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	105996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Essex pics 550.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	105997  

Old 09-05-2015, 09:47 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Love the windows...did someone finally get the message that we'd rather look out windows that see "pretty valences"?????
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:56 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Love the windows...did someone finally get the message that we'd rather look out windows that see "pretty valences"?????
Dave, I think so. That was important to us. We did not have cabinets installed over the dinette or recliners to allow for maximum view of the big windows. I agree, the valances are less intrusive, which better than "pretty".
Old 09-06-2015, 02:04 AM   #38

Great Coach and great idea for the additional shelving. Safe travels.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 11:25 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFINIT View Post
Hi Tom,

There was an upcharge, but the total specials were all lumped together, so I don't know how much. Since all he specials combined came in under my "budget" or my expectation, I did not ask for the detail.

I had checked with F/Liner before we came to Nappanee and they told me the fan brackets had been done on mine, but the power steering pump and oriface and not. I talked to Newmar and it was done that day. Good service! Thanks for the heads up.
Joe,

We will be picking up our MA at the factory next month. Do the Freightliner issues that you mention effect my chassis and if so who do I talk to about them?

How many shelfs did you put in the basement and in which bays?

After reading about the video distribution box etc. I still did not understand it so I have decided if I can't understand it I don't need it! JetsMania will be doing his pickup at the same time I am so he can show me what I am missing.

Your coach looks fantastic.

Thanks

Jack
Old 09-08-2015, 12:33 PM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFINIT View Post
Friday was the last day at Newmar Service for our factory delivery. First thing at 6 AM was to put it back on the scales and Gary the mechanic set the ride heights to help correct the discrepancy from side to side. With a short time, he got the weight differential to 40 lbs.! That is nearly perfect. Could not be more pleased.

Before we left on Thursday, tech John Miller began fabricating the angle-iron shelf frames that I had requested be added. See pictures. He did a great job and the added space is really nice. Friday morning when we got the coach back to the service center he installed them.

After these shelves were completed at 9:30 AM we were ready to pull out and head to Petoskey, MI for a week.

Overall I cannot say enough about what a great experience the factory delivery process was. From our Tech, Gene Schmucker, to the team leader Nevin Miller, to service manger Ken Miller and all the other support folks, they did a wonderful job. AND each and everyone we came in contact with was pleasant to work with and talk to. They sincerely are appreciative of the customer. And I really appreciation their work and support.

Now we are off to enjoy our coach as we travel the mid-west then south and west to our winter place at Motorcoach Country Club in Indio, CA.
That is an awesome idea! They better get more angle iron!
Old 09-08-2015, 05:23 PM   #41

Joe
Congrats on the new coach very nice!
I really like the idea of the shelves in the basement. Today I was talking with Larry Gates and he said he was looking at a friends new Essex from Wa, could this be you? If so I think you just pushed him a little closer to buying a coach
Enjoy the coach
Steve
Old 09-08-2015, 09:18 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE-JUNELL View Post
Joe

Today I was talking with Larry Gates and he said he was looking at a friends new Essex from Wa, could this be you? If so I think you just pushed him a little closer to buying a coach
Enjoy the coach
Steve
Yes, Larry is a friend and he came down to Camp Newmar and visited with us last Thursday night. I think he would like one, but Jan, no so much!