Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2014, 03:37 AM   #1

2015 London Aire Floor Heating

My floor heating in the bedroom has stopped working. After speaking with Newmar, I've checked the GFI outlets throughout the coach and this has not resolved the problem. Everything on the Silverleaf screen seems normal. I have a service appointment at a local Newmar service center, but not until the end of January. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of potential fixes while I wait? We are traveling to Texas over the Christmas break and it sure would be nice to feel the warm floors in the wee hours of the morning.
tedandmaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2014, 05:57 AM   #2
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedandmaggie View Post
My floor heating in the bedroom has stopped working. After speaking with Newmar, I've checked the GFI outlets throughout the coach and this has not resolved the problem. Everything on the Silverleaf screen seems normal. I have a service appointment at a local Newmar service center, but not until the end of January. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of potential fixes while I wait? We are traveling to Texas over the Christmas break and it sure would be nice to feel the warm floors in the wee hours of the morning.

You state you checked all the GFI outlets but have you checked all the AC and DC circuit breakers?

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:15 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
See if this thread helps or this one about Silverleaf.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:14 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
If you can locate the Silverleaf TM-229 module in the lower bays, check to ensure the zone connectors are all securely connected. You can also determine if the floor zones are turning on by monitoring the amperage display while you turn each floor zone on, you should see an immediate increase in amperage draw. Our 229 module is on the aft wall of the last storage bay on the passenger side.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #5

Thanks everyone. I did check the breakers, but will check again and use the other suggestions the next time I'm in the coach. We keep it inside a heated facility about 45 minutes away and it is snowing today, so not going to drive there.
tedandmaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Ted, don't know much more than to check connections in that TM229 box and then see if any amperage is being drawn. Mine sucks 4-5amps from each of the front two sections on L-1 with the bedroom/bath section on L-2.

Best to get that issue resolved before getting here. I'm in Dallas and have really been enjoying the floor hear these past 2-3 weeks. You'll definitely want it if you come to N. Texas.
slabman is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
heating