Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2014, 10:09 AM   #1
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
2015 Newmar coach deliveries thread

I though it might be entertaining to start a thread for those of us with 2015 coaches on order. Please post what you ordered, when, where, who, you ordered it from and expected delivery.

Maybe follow up with comment and pictures after delivery.

We can "wait it out" together.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm almost at the end of this road ... finally!

I ordered a Dutch Star 4381, placed the order on September 5th with Coachlight RV in Carthage MO. I watched the coach go through production the first week of December and it arrived at the dealership on December 15th. I just inspected the unit at Coachlight on Monday and will start delivery on Monday January 5th. I'll post more photos after I take delivery ... took this one on Monday.

Great way to start the New Year!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0653.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	81761  
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:18 AM   #3
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Talking 2015 Ventana 4037

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarpusher View Post
I though it might be entertaining to start a thread for those of us with 2015 coaches on order. Please post what you ordered, when, where, who, you ordered it from and expected delivery.

Maybe follow up with comment and pictures after delivery.

We can "wait it out" together.
Here's what we are patiently waiting for.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037
Ordered 9-13-2014 at the Hershey RV Show from RVOne in Albany, NY
Expected Delivery - January 2015 in Albany, NY

5K250 - Verona Maple Cabinets w/Glazed Hardwood Face, Frame and Slideout Fascia
5A340 - Phantom Interior Decor
5B340 - Stealth Full Painted Exterior Graphics
5J143 - Whirlpool 2 Piece Stacked Washer/Dryer
5J520 - All Electric: Maytag 22 CF Refrigerator, Flush Induction Cooktop, 4 Extra Batteries, 2800 Pure Sine Wave Inverter and Hydronic heat.
5J380 - Central Vacuum w/Tool Kit
5J525 - Exterior Entertainment in Sidewall - 40" Sony LED TV & Sound bar
5J351 - Sony 32” LED TV in Front Overhead
5J320 - Dash Radio w/Touch Screen Navigation
5J065 - Hi Def. Component Wiring with Blu Ray DVD PIayer
5J030 - Universal Remote Control
5J230 - Winegard Automatic Dome Satellite Dish for Dish Std/HD, Direct TV Std., and Bel
5K090 - Door Side Fold & Tumble Sofa - Off Door Side 2 Wall Hugger Recliners w/End Table
5K285 - Euro Booth Dinette & 2 Folding Chairs
5K143 - Sleep # Premier Air Mattress
5L100 - Automatic Generator Start on Low Battery or Temp Setting
5L450 - Energy Management System
5L120 - Power Rewind Reel w/50' Cord
5M790 - Chrome Exterior Mirrors
5R020 - Large Storage Tray
5R025 - Dual Access Storage Tray
5N450 - Floor Tile Extended into Bedroom
5N285 - MCD Window Shades
5P030 - 110 Volt Heat pads for Holding Tanks
5P020 - Power Water Hose Reel
5R105 - Mechanical Lock Arms on Three Slideout Rooms
5M151 - One Piece Molded Fiberglass Roof
5R115 - Power Baggage Door Locks, Keyless Entrance Door w/Touch Pad & Door Bell
All AGM House and Chassis Batteries - Custom Order

Old 12-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #4
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWag View Post
I'm almost at the end of this road ... finally!

I ordered a Dutch Star 4381, placed the order on September 5th with Coachlight RV in Carthage MO. I watched the coach go through production the first week of December and it arrived at the dealership on December 15th. I just inspected the unit at Coachlight on Monday and will start delivery on Monday January 5th. I'll post more photos after I take delivery ... took this one on Monday.

Great way to start the New Year!
That is gorgeous! What color is that exterior? What color interior did you get?

Old 12-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks a lot!

We did a custom paint scheme, the skin and "A" color are Labrador Black Pearl, the "B" color is Dark Fawn Metallic and the "C" color is Light Gold Metallic. Only went with 3 colors to simplify the graphic and we eliminated the fade in the graphic as well. I have a bit more chrome to add during delivery.

Interior is a customization of colors and materials from Ventana LE through London Aire with Manhattan Maple cabinets.

Looking forward to seeing your photos, you have a really nicely optioned coach ... you are going to love it. I think that Phantom interior selection is awesome, should look great. Not too long a wait for you now.
Old 12-25-2014, 06:56 AM   #6

Smile

Wow the above mentioned coaches are elaborate. Our small 2903 Bay Star 2015 is beautiful to us but in no way compares to what I just read. That's ok , we are not full timers, we just enjoy the outdoors and our Newmar. Happy Holidays
zrobotman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:21 PM   #7

We ordered a DS 4369 on Nov. 18 from Midway RV in Grand Rapids MI. Selected the dinette with 2 recliners. Added a few specials such as cedar closet, toilets raised 2", leather dinette chairs (really reasonable), 3 extra puck lights, grab handles in bathrooms, Aquajet pump, 12vdc on dash (left) and a few extra recepticals. Dealer will raise head of bed 3" (acid reflux) and cut a door in the rear vanity for the CATS.

Expect delivery in late April I think. Don't really have a build date yet but do have a coach number.

How many days does everyone expect to allow for the transfer/training on day of pick up?

We'll be waiting in our 2002 DS in AZ for the winter. It's going to be a long winter.

Greg Beels, IL
gjbeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 07:53 PM   #8

We ordered our 4369 at the hershey show, finalized colors & and changes in early Nov. Just received the the final drawings. This all seems like a pipe dream since this process is taking so long though no fault of Newmar or our dealer(albany RV). Spring seems like a long ways off!! This is what we have ordered.

Carmel cherry cabinets
Seville exterior
Advantium microwave
3 AC's
Stacked W&D
Fold down shower seat & handle
Added kitchen lights
Extra 12 k 120 v outlets
Chrome baggage handles
Dual access storage tray
Central Vac
Power water & elect reel
Universal remote
Recessed docking lights
Chrome Mirrors
Safe
Holding tank heat pads
Power baggage locks
All electric, induction cook top
Dash Navigation and radio
Heated floors
Wineguard open face dish
Dinette with two recliners
Carmel cherry cabinets
Recessed storage in rear cap
Nova awning
Additional Girard nova Awning
Interior selections from Essex, London air
Custom cabinet in rear bath
Factory delivery
Old 12-25-2014, 08:44 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Rich & Susan this sounds like a great coach. Can you give a little more detail on the upgraded interior selections and the custom cabinet in the rear bathroom? Thanks.
TwoCorners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:50 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWag View Post
Thanks a lot!

We did a custom paint scheme, the skin and "A" color are Labrador Black Pearl, the "B" color is Dark Fawn Metallic and the "C" color is Light Gold Metallic. Only went with 3 colors to simplify the graphic and we eliminated the fade in the graphic as well. I have a bit more chrome to add during delivery.

Interior is a customization of colors and materials from Ventana LE through London Aire with Manhattan Maple cabinets.

Looking forward to seeing your photos, you have a really nicely optioned coach ... you are going to love it. I think that Phantom interior selection is awesome, should look great. Not too long a wait for you now.
I like the dark colors but not for us if we spend time at Quartzsite and the temps go up. Too much heat gain.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 04:33 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCorners View Post
Rich & Susan this sounds like a great coach. Can you give a little more detail on the upgraded interior selections and the custom cabinet in the rear bathroom? Thanks.
We added a tower cabinet to the vanity in the rear bath and split the large mirror into two. Actually the Moutain Aire has something very similar. We however made the tower deeper in order to accommodate towel hooks and deleated the standard towel rings. We added two additional drawers in the pantry. We found the standard DS dinning chairs to be very uncomfortable and ultimately chose the chairs from the King Aire. The wallboard is from the Ventana and is the same throughout, the backsplash in the Kitchen and bath rooms are from the London Aire, floor tile from the Essex, window treatment from London Aire although DW is adding her own design to them. We also got the sleep number bed only because the mattress we were going to special oder would not fit. Things we passed on: solar prep, outside tv (just don't think it would be used 2 tv's is plenty!) freezer in storage bay, power drivers window, power tv antena. I'm still on the fence about AGM's as we had terrible luck with them on our boat and ended up going back to wet cell that lasted substantially longer.
This is one of the main reasons we chose a Newmar. Your coach is YOUR coach and not the same as the next. As we compaired different manufacturers, and there were two others we liked, the answer to any changes was "NO"! Newmar....? "Sure! We can do that! They have been fabulous to work with!
Old 12-26-2014, 05:20 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I will add this thread to QT's #3 with the other year 2015 threads so far for people interested, good job folks.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 06:25 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbeels View Post

How many days does everyone expect to allow for the transfer/training on day of pick up?
Really depends on your needs and how accommodating your dealership is. I'll start my delivery process on Monday January 5th and won't leave the dealership's campsite until Sunday the 11th. I'll do some day trips through that delivery week and adjust and tweak things as needed. Then I'll put 1,000 miles on the coach and return to the dealership for another visit to address whatever might have popped up while I was on the road. Hopefully all the new coach adjustments will be taken care of by the time I head south to Houston.

That 4369 is an awesome floorplan, hope the wait isn't too painful.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:19 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbeels View Post
We ordered a DS 4369 on Nov. 18 from Midway RV in Grand Rapids MI. Selected the dinette with 2 recliners. Added a few specials such as cedar closet, toilets raised 2", leather dinette chairs (really reasonable), 3 extra puck lights, grab handles in bathrooms, Aquajet pump, 12vdc on dash (left) and a few extra recepticals. Dealer will raise head of bed 3" (acid reflux) and cut a door in the rear vanity for the CATS.

Expect delivery in late April I think. Don't really have a build date yet but do have a coach number.

We'll be waiting in our 2002 DS in AZ for the winter. It's going to be a long winter.

Greg Beels, IL
After Midway preps your coach they will spend a day going over it with you. In the past they would put you up in a campground just south of town for you to try everything out. That may have changed and you may just stay at the dealership. Not sure on that. Midway is a great dealer with a good reputation. They won't rush you. Congrats on your new coach!

Tags
newmar