RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2018, 08:49 AM   #1

2016 Dutch star 4018 cracking floor tiles! In full wall pop out

I have an ongoing problem with my full wall pop out slide tile floor. I have been back to my dealer two different occasions to have tiles replaced in the pop-out room. I just had two cracked tiles replaced, and on my 550 Mi trip home one of the two that was replaced is already broken. In inspecting the floor I found 3 more tiles also on the pop out room broken. I was just wondering is anybody else with this model of Dutch star having the same kinds of problems. I am also having a problem with a lot of noise coming from the pop-out room right behind the driver seat. Not sure if this is an indication that the room is doing a lot of moving going down the road. Appreciate any kind of input. Thanks Larry

llambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2018, 12:21 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Never had that problem on our 2016 DSDP 4018. Ours is fairly quiet when going down the road. It seems yours is twisting and is somehow not locked into the driving position. I would call Newmar customer service (you should have a sticker on your driver side window with the number) and explain the problem. Your dealer might be out of his comfort zone with that type of problem. If you live anywhere near the Newmar factory you should consider a service call with Newmar.

Carefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:26 PM   #3

Lambert, not sure where your tiles are broke, but if they are on the main floor by the FWS, I spoke with a Newmar Tech who was working on a LADP with the same issue. He told me the FWS was getting enough power on operation and would dip down and crack the floor tiles. I didnít know this but the FWS is powered by the chassis batteries. The Tech said to start the engine and let the chassis batteries get up as high as possible,(over 14volts) to run the FWS. Hope this helps.

Mark
Old 03-26-2018, 07:01 PM   #4

Had the same problem. Newmar said they did not leave enough gap between the moving and stationary tiles. They had Freedom RV trim the tiles and no issues since then.
AzGoldDigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:43 AM   #5

I need to make a correction in my previous post. It should read that when the FWS does not have enough voltage, the whole slide can dip inward and crack the floor tiles as it is moving in or out. Sorry about that. I need to proof read before I post.

Mark
Old 03-27-2018, 04:00 PM   #6

2016 Newmar Dutch star cracking floor tiles in pop-out room

Thank you everyone for your responses on the cracking floor tile in the full pop-out room. I did call Newmar Factory and even though the motorhome is 3 months out of warranty they did agree to fix the problem. They are not sure what the problem is, but if I drive it to the factory which I'm going to do they will take a look and repair the problem. I live in California so it is about a 2250 mile drive, but to get the problem taken care of I think it's probably worth it. I have an appointment in Nappanee Indiana starting June 11th, will check back in after I get home and let you know what the problem was and how they fixed it. Thanks Larry
llambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 04:44 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Hi llambert,
For the problem you have on a 16 coach you have made the right decision.

Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dutch star, floor