Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2015, 11:04 AM   #1

2016 Dutch Star cable switch

We sold out Phaeton and bought a 2016 4312. Loving it so far. On our first trip, however, we are unable to get the cable feed to work on the TVs. Antenae works fine, but when we switch to mcable on the TVs we get nothing but snow. Any suggestions? Is there a switch that we have to engage? I know the cable works because we are running the internet with it.
CZHipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2015, 11:20 AM   #2

turn off the antenna amplifier?
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:23 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZHipster View Post
We sold out Phaeton and bought a 2016 4312. Loving it so far. On our first trip, however, we are unable to get the cable feed to work on the TVs. Antenae works fine, but when we switch to mcable on the TVs we get nothing but snow. Any suggestions? Is there a switch that we have to engage? I know the cable works because we are running the internet with it.
As Corey said. It is on the right side behind the passenger door. The main antenna switch. Then on the TV switch to cable in the Apps then do the channel search.
2016 Dutch Star 4018 Newmar #605899
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:27 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
You'll also probably need to rescan for channels, and possibly change "inputs" on the TV as the cable channels are different than the OTA ones.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:36 AM   #5

I did turn off the amplifier and we got no love on teh channel search. We tried on cable and antenae mode. I will tryi it on another tv and see if we can make it work. Thanks for the advice
CZHipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 12:40 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZHipster View Post
How do you have it connected to run the internet?
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 01:43 PM   #7

2016 Dutch Star cable switch

Did you select "cable" on the TV before you did the Channel search? We had our coach for about two weeks....could not get a channel when hooked up to cable. Over the air worked okay. I finally gave up and called Newmar customer service. The guy told me about the antenna boost button. He said that they get this question all of the time. He also admitted that they, Newmar, don't do a good job in documenting the antenna boost button and how to use it.

Best of luck !
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dutch star