Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2015, 08:45 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Yes Mike "MJFZ" sat on all the couches numerous times over 3 days. We like the J couch feel and back height and for the DW the actual height of the couch of 19 inch was perfect.. The standard couch was 21 in high and felt higher and not as inviting. I saw the overlap and was surprised but glad we asked to have them both open.

So for us the comfort and the seating height of the J couch and the queen bed of the standard with no overlap would be great. We do like the booth dinette with a double extension for max seating and comfort.

We started out convinced with the dual recliners but having spent 2+ days siting and talking to people in the various coaches we are leaning to being couch and dinette people....

Mike great to have meant you and hope you come down from the Hershey show high?
So you are saying the standard couch is 2 inches higher than the J couch? That would also make it 2 inches higher than the dinette. The window treatments behind the couch are only 1 inch from the top of the J couch.

Still waiting for someone from Newmar to call and explain how this is going to be resolved. We cannot use the MH with the family until this is resolved. I sure wish I had opened both of the sofas insted of taking the salesman's word for it. We would have bought something else or it would have gotten fixed quickly to sell it.
101stveteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2015, 11:23 AM   #16

Got a call back. The intention was to have me bring the coach in for them to cut six inches off the frame. Really don't want a modified sofa in a new coach. I suggested replacing the J sofa with the standard one as suggested by a previous poster. Waiting to here if and when that will happen.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:40 PM   #17

I'm referring to the height of the seating area relative to the floor 21" vs 19". The back of the standard couch is higher and not as comfortable to rest my arm on. I did not measure but have a picture in my head and the standard is higher. The higher standard couch back is the least of the issues. For us comfort, height of the floor and bed size/overlap are important.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:51 AM   #18

Still waiting to hear what the final fix will be on this issue.

I guess buyers of this model, floorplan and sofa selection check that the sofas both open without hitting. Dont take the salesmans word. He made an honest mistake as the function change from 15 to 16 with the different furniture manufacturers.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:54 AM   #19

another day and no answer. sent an email to the sales manager of North Trail and have not gotten a reply.

going from i cant believe the two sofa/beds cant be used at the same time to PISSED. a phone call or email with the plan to make it right would be appreciated.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:24 PM   #20

I would deal directly with Newmar on this and not rely solely on the dealer. Especially a sales manager as their typical involvement ends when they see tail lights.
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:07 PM   #21

i think there was alot of finger pointing going on. the dealer is stepping up and is going to replace the sofa. it is going to be an inch or two longer than the j sofa. told that it is a queen size when opened and will not hit the other sofa when it is opened. wife likes the j sofa cause of the wrap around.

newmar says the dealers insist on ordering this configuration.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:23 PM   #22

The new sofa will it be the standard one you can get with the coach? Is this the type that you sleep front/back vs side to side?
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:19 PM   #23

Yes, the way I understand it, that's what we are getting. Lay in direction parallel with length of coach.

What's reassuring is newmar says we bought from a great dealer, one of their best. North trail says separately that newmar is a top quality manufacturer and do whatever they have to so the customer is satisfied.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:30 PM   #24

Last communication I got from north trail is that the sofa was ordered but they couldn't give me an ETA. Emailed a couple days ago to see if there is any update and haven't heard anything. They really lack in keeping the customer informed. The newmar rep emailed and said he understands the sofa was ordered and north trail would be in touch..........crickets................I guess its our fault, we took the salesman's word for it. And who would ever think that they would design something that doesn't work as expected.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:56 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101stveteran View Post
Last communication I got from north trail is that the sofa was ordered but they couldn't give me an ETA. Emailed a couple days ago to see if there is any update and haven't heard anything. They really lack in keeping the customer informed. The newmar rep emailed and said he understands the sofa was ordered and north trail would be in touch..........crickets................I guess its our fault, we took the salesman's word for it. And who would ever think that they would design something that doesn't work as expected.
Salesman or not..that is definitely an Newmar engineering/quality blunder. Who designs any new product and doesn't perform a First Article Inspection on it to ensure that it works/fits as designed? That's not your fault. That's basic ISO 9001 quality assurance stuff.
newmarrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:17 AM   #26

Couldn't agree more.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:27 AM   #27

They told 5 to 7 weeks for them to get a sofa delivered. Seems like an excessive amount of time. I bet if this was discovered pre sale this would get expedited.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:47 PM   #28

After a call to north trail I am told a delivery date of Nov 24. I guess I should be glad it's supposedly on its way, not real impressed with the amount of time to get it.

One of the reasons on the list for buying a newmar and spending around 400K is what I perceived as a stellar reputation.