RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2015, 07:21 AM   #1

2016 Dutchstar 4369 tire pressures

We have a 2016 Dutchstar 4269. Have only done one trip with it so I dont have much drive time in it. We were told that based on the average weight of this H to set the front tires at 125 psi and the rears including tags at 85 psi.

Has anyone played with these pressures by increasing the rears? What is the tread wear after a significant amount of miles. I have a ford powerstroke and noticed that the rear tires wear on the outside more if I use the door placard pressure. Bumping that up the wear evens out and the MPG's go up.

If the pressure were increased to 95 psi in all the rears does it alter the ride and wear much? I guess I could play with the pressures and find out just thought maybe someone has been through this. 85 seems pretty low even though thats the recommended.

101stveteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2015, 07:46 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101stveteran View Post
We have a 2016 Dutchstar 4269. Have only done one trip with it so I dont have much drive time in it. We were told that based on the average weight of this H to set the front tires at 125 psi and the rears including tags at 85 psi.

Has anyone played with these pressures by increasing the rears? What is the tread wear after a significant amount of miles. I have a ford powerstroke and noticed that the rear tires wear on the outside more if I use the door placard pressure. Bumping that up the wear evens out and the MPG's go up.

If the pressure were increased to 95 psi in all the rears does it alter the ride and wear much? I guess I could play with the pressures and find out just thought maybe someone has been through this. 85 seems pretty low even though thats the recommended.
Call Customer Service and get your actual weights as it left the plant. They will give them to you. Sometime you have to be persistent but you can get them. They have the weight at all six positions. Have your Vin ready when you call.

Once you have that you will need to have it weighed to see where you are after you loaded it with your stuff. Get all six points weighed. But until then you can use the factory weights and get close. Go to the Michelin file that I have attached and get the recommended pressures for your tires at certain weights.

I did use 85# in my rears and lost mpg so I am at 95# and get better mileage without any ride degradation. I'm running 115# in both fronts. I believe the min pressure for your rears is about 80 so 85 is a bit low for good wear. 90 or 95 won't affect the ride.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RV_Tires_Brochure.pdf (1.58 MB, 36 views)

2018 DS DP 4369 #607121 Cummins ISL9 450 HP
"We are from, where ever we were yesterday"
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:00 AM   #3

Great. Thanks for the quick response.

We had a winnebago itasca prior and tire pressure in the front was alot lower than what we are told for the DSDP and the mains were alot higher. I checked with the rep and he told me a good starting point was 125 front and 85 rear. I am taking it out next week. Will bump it to 95.
101stveteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 09:45 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

We had a winnebago itasca prior and tire pressure in the front was alot lower than what we are told for the DSDP and the mains were alot higher. I checked with the rep and he told me a good starting point was 125 front and 85 rear. I am taking it out next week. Will bump it to 95.
My guess is that 115 or 120 in the fronts will be plenty.
2018 DS DP 4369 #607121 Cummins ISL9 450 HP
"We are from, where ever we were yesterday"
VP Chianese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:12 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

Come on guys, this is a safety issue, especially on the steer axle. It costs $8 to run it over the CAT scales which are found all over the country. Michelin tables specify the tire pressure to use, get your axle weights and you'll know exactly what pressure to inflate your tires to.
SWag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure