Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2015, 01:07 PM   #57

Newmar is posting some good pics on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/gonewmar?fref=photo
dakotabuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2015, 01:09 PM   #58

Since it's the easiest thing to spot in the photos, here's yet another escape door. This one's on the Mountain Aire: http://www.midwayrv.com/console/wate....php?src=58161
Old 05-12-2015, 04:56 PM   #59

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Flexsteel v. Villa in '16 DS?

Looks like the furniture in the '16 DS is going back to Flexsteel instead of Villa as in the '15 models.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:09 PM   #60

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
Looks like the furniture in the '16 DS is going back to Flexsteel instead of Villa as in the '15 models.

Deek
Is Flexsteel considered a better furniture mfg over Villa?
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:23 PM   #61
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomakat View Post
Is Flexsteel considered a better furniture mfg over Villa?

I always thought it was the opposite.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:02 PM   #62

Villa is a higher-end furniture line. Newmar has traditionally installed Villa furniture in their luxury line coaches, i.e., Essex, King Aire. Flexsteel furniture has routinely been installed in Newmar's non-luxury line of coaches.

For 2015, the furniture line installed in the Dutch Star and Mountain Aire is ComfortFit by Villa. As it was explained to me, Villa acquired ComfortFit and incorpororated it into their product line; however, ComfortFit by Villa is not the same quality as the original high-end Villa

For 2016, it appears Newmar is going back to Flexsteel for their coaches below Essex and King Aire. I'm not sure what line will be in the London Aire.

Hope this helps.
jigsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:15 AM   #63

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Flexsteel v. Villa in '16 DS?

It will be interesting to see the differences -- the fit, finish and comfort of the Villa v. the Flexsteel. The Facebook pictures from Newmar from the dealer show pretty clearly show differences between the two lines. I'll look forward to hearing feedback from '16 owners when the new coaches start being delivered.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:55 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
It will be interesting to see the differences -- the fit, finish and comfort of the Villa v. the Flexsteel. The Facebook pictures from Newmar from the dealer show pretty clearly show differences between the two lines. I'll look forward to hearing feedback from '16 owners when the new coaches start being delivered.

Deek
I like the curvature of the 2015 furniture… 2016’s are looking very square.
dakotabuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 03:44 PM   #65
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I can tell you from shopping experience, if it's the same Flexsteel that's put in SOB diesel coaches, they're not comfortable for long term sitting. The backs are too straight & the seat cushions too firm, for me at least. I've recently tested Flexsteel in a FW Providence & Discovery as well as a Wbgo Tour (except for the heat/massage in the cockpit chairs in the Tour - those we're great). A couple weeks ago I tested out the Comfortfit sofa in a 2015 DS. I thought it more comfortable than Flexsteel although the back was still to upright for me. The fabric grain was quite similar to Flexsteel.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:16 PM   #66

Bay Star

I'm so glad we purchased a new 2013 Bay Star when we did, as Newmar changed floorplans and no longer offer a unit WITHOUT a slide on the passenger (patio) side. No slide on the passenger side was a major buying decision at the time, which ruled out a couple of other good brands. I use the cargo compartments on the passenger side most frequently and I don't want to crawl under a slide to access them. Nor do I want a slide taking up some of my patio space. I also don't care for the frameless windows many new manufacturers are going with. They look streamlined from the outside, but I prefer a full height opening when sliding the window open for fresh air.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:10 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Ken View Post
I'm so glad we purchased a new 2013 Bay Star when we did, as Newmar changed floorplans and no longer offer a unit WITHOUT a slide on the passenger (patio) side. No slide on the passenger side was a major buying decision at the time, which ruled out a couple of other good brands. I use the cargo compartments on the passenger side most frequently and I don't want to crawl under a slide to access them. Nor do I want a slide taking up some of my patio space. I also don't care for the frameless windows many new manufacturers are going with. They look streamlined from the outside, but I prefer a full height opening when sliding the window open for fresh air.
Ken, you were indeed lucky to purchase when you did. The manufacturers design for the masses and that does leave some like you behind in your wants and desires. I like all the slides because of all the added living square footage. But I do mumble under my breath every time I get on my hands and knees to access most of my bays. Even with the sliding trays I still must bend deeply to access for pull out. But I want the square footage so I just mumble to myself.

Frameless windows seems to be the future for most manufactures. At first I did not like the very small opening vs large sliding. I do like the outside appearance of frameless. I found turning on overhead vents assist drawing more air through windows into coach.

Seems like we all wish they built one just for us. I have not found the one built just for me, but I do keep looking.
osok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar