Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2017, 05:55 AM   #295

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
Just pan the camera to the floor, I will be the one laying there in a dead faint.

I am sure I will be crying, and shaking, and pretty much just embarrassing the heck out of myself. Life doesn't have all that many moments that make you feel that way so I am going to do my best to enjoy every laughing crying minute of it!!!

Lynn
I know! Enjoy it! Ashley made fun of me every day, skipping & jumping through the factory, hugging my "baby" :-)

Looking forward to hearing more TOMORROW :-)

- CC
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2017, 08:37 AM   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I found it!! If all else fails look at the manual.

It is a chrome lever right below the blinker arm.

Glad that you found it.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:31 AM   #297

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
Just pan the camera to the floor, I will be the one laying there in a dead faint.

I am sure I will be crying, and shaking, and pretty much just embarrassing the heck out of myself. Life doesn't have all that many moments that make you feel that way so I am going to do my best to enjoy every laughing crying minute of it!!!

Lynn
Lynn, Dorry is not a crier but on the last day of our build when you could see everything she stepped out of the coach with tears in her eyes. To say I was shocked was an understatement. I expect more of the same tomorrow.
Benicia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:24 PM   #298

Tom,

She may really be emotional when you start your pickup on Monday. Our week went quickly and we had no major issues and few minor issues. Had time to put in a few of the items like antennas and engine compartment foam fire system, the one from Mac the Fire Guy.

With rain forecasted for Tue-Thur we started test driving on Monday. By Friday we had added 120 miles to the coach and have no squeaks left out of the three that we found.

I labeled all of the coax and Cat6 cables. Took time to get the KVH in motion and Travel'r hooked up o be fully switchable with the ground tripod outlet.

We had two trips across the scales. Full water, fuel, all of our stuff and Kathy and I in our seats we came in at 44040#. We are on a Spartan chassis and have 6,960# left. Need a bunch of gold bars. Weights were evenly balanced. Front 225# diff side to side, drivers side heavier. Duals 35# diff to the pax side and the tags 10# diff to the drivers side. Second weighing was done to adjust/check the ride height valves. Made some small change.

With these weights 110# on the front tire pressure and 85# for all the rear tires.

Drives smooth, tracks flawlessly. Steering wheel is centered and needed no adjustment.

FHU main parking was full until Thursday night and we were in the Delaware parking on the concrete. Other than being away from the main group it was actually great since there is less dust from the wind.

The worst part? Up at 5am eastern time to be ready for Dave our tech to come over. Add in that we a Mtn time folks and that's 3am. We were worn out by the end of the week. Tom, since you ar a PST type of guy just remember that you can sleep the following weekend

The best part? The friendships made with the entire crew in building 16. Our delivery lead Dave an Jonas the team lead. What a great bunch of folks. Attention to detail was fanatical. Couldn't be more pleased with the value of the FPU option. For anyone who hasn't had a coach before I'd highly recommend the adventure.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:53 PM   #299

Spartan Chassis
Lynn & John

Hope your first day went well/great/****! I am sure you are sleeping now - getting ready for tomorrow.

Hey - it is time to take that 'on order' off your signature :}

https://www.glroadtrips.com
glester99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:49 AM   #300

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by glester99 View Post
Lynn & John

Hope your first day went well/great/****! I am sure you are sleeping now - getting ready for tomorrow.

Hey - it is time to take that 'on order' off your signature :}

Good Morning Gary,

They don't let you sleep here at CPU! Good gravy these guys start early.........

First day went well. Our coach was in mostly great shape, a few minor items and we noticed last night that the co pilot seat was not working. Some brave should is going to show us how to drive this thing today.

Are you starting your CPU this Fri?

And yes, time to change my signature line, we have paid for this suckah. [emoji3]

Lynn
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:44 PM   #301

Spartan Chassis
So sorry to say we do not start till Monday! So we will not cross paths this time. Glad to hear first day went well! Let us know when you will be going through Ohio on your way south!

https://www.glroadtrips.com
glester99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 07:24 PM   #302

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Update on our great adventure. Let's start with the bad.

We planned on starting out in plenty of time to get us to Wild River State Park in Center City, MN last evening. Well like most plans they went of the rails fast. We departed about 90 minutes late. And let me tell you those minutes will come back to haunt us later.

We arrived at the park just after sunset a little after 9 PM. After we unhooked the jeep, I followed Lynn to the site. By now it is pitch dark. As only the deep woods can be.

While the book says the site we reserved would fit a 40 ft MH that was BEFORE the tree that was at the entrance had grown to 18" in diameter. [emoji33][emoji19][emoji57]🤥

So it was off to the Walmart in St Croix Falls. The very nice manager sent us to the side of the lot behind an Allegro Bus also with SD Plates. After we re stacked the remaining un-tidy stuff we hit bed around midnight. For those of you who have spoken to me you may have guessed I tend to over analyze everything! So little or no sleep for me.

Now for the good!

Today, Lynn grabbed the bull by the horns and contacted the park and while I was working she headed out to look at a couple of sites the very nice ranger said we could fit into. So tonight we are tucked into a really nice spot, in a great park.

But with my brain being mush we are staying in tonight. 2 nights here and than off to another MN State park. This one close to the shores on the big lake and another pristine river. A friend of mine tells me that in his youth he lake salmon fished that area. We are looking forward to the next few months as we get our feet under us and embrace this lifestyle.

Well it's off to try to get the dish to work.

Stay tuned for the adventures of the Newmar Newbies!

John
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:39 PM   #303

Paul and I picked up our 2017 Ventana 4369 a week ago today, and boy, what a week it's been! The coach far exceeded our expectations. We want to thank all of you who answered questions and offered suggestions over the past few months.

We signed up for a 2 day driving course with Michael Lynch of the RV Driving School in Atlanta, before heading home. He was amazing! It was money very well spent. Within an hour of my first time in the driver's seat of our coach, he had me parallel parking it! When driving into the mountains of VA for a few days of R&R this past weekend, we were well prepared for the narrow bridge we came upon on the curvy, mountain road!

Susan
PandS is offline   Reply With Quote