Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2016, 09:27 AM   #15

Lifeline L16 is 119# spec weight. GPL-4CT is 66#. So not much gain. Lucky 13# , so total of 4 would be 52#.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2016, 05:52 PM   #16

One of the pluses for me is the willingness of Newmar to 'experiment' with floor plans from year to year. It can also be a disappointment if a particular plan you liked is dropped from a given model year, but the coaches look to be more easily adapted to make it 'your own' with a little effort. Because of that, Newmar remains high on my list.
If they made one change, it would be to make the half bath larger than a phone booth.
Tom
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:43 PM   #17
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FapInJax View Post
We are looking at a 2016 Newmar. Wondering if there is any clue as to what may be added extra for the2017?

At this time of year, I'd wait for the 2017's. Usually 2-3 months from now they will announce.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 08:26 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
As we knew we'd be delaying delivery until May (don't want it, or me, driving on winter roads/salt) we initially thought about just ordering a '17. There were a few things we considered in making our decision to move forward and order a 2016.

One, as already pointed out, there were MAJOR changes made in 2016. I'm calculating that any changes for '17 will be confined to décor choices, maybe some minor design changes (like the DS dash?), perhaps a change in options vs standard amenities.

Two, if we wanted a '17 we wouldn't be able to even begin the process until the '17 specs were available. We'd have to start all over with Michelle on our specials, which include both décor and functional changes. Only after that process was done would our order be put in, at the end of the line. When would we finally get the coach? July? August? September?

Finally, this is likely our last big "live in" coach. Given the money we're spending, the quality we're expecting from Newmar, Spartan and Cummins, not to mention our ages and healthy life expectancy. That translates into an expected ownership timeline where another year's additional resale value won't amount to much more than the cost of a happy meal, likely to be offset by a price increase.

If you're looking for a new rig and can find a 2016 just the way you want it, I'm guessing you'll get a better deal on a year end model vs waiting for a 2017.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:55 AM   #19

I'm sure that within 60 days of taking delivery of my yet to be built unit, I'll log onto the Newmar website and see the new 2017 lineup of Bay Stars. I will be happy if the worst word uttered under my breath is "Dang".

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 11:37 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
If they made one change, it would be to make the half bath larger than a phone booth.
Tom
We have stayed away from Newmar because of two factors:

1. Inadequate aisle width in most floorplans when slides are closed.

2. Lack of ceiling fan in bedroom. (Can't do it on a special, either)

Both of these issues are very important to us. We really like the Newmars otherwise, and if these areas were improved we would again be looking hard at them.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:47 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
I am hoping that the biggest change in 2017

I am hoping that the biggest change in 2017 is that Newmar will have the Front Axle issue firmly resolved on the DS. Best would be a 20K front end, second best would be the 18K axle. Bonus would be upgrading the steer tire size so it does not have to run 130 PSI

Would not hurt my feelings if they would figure out how to add a ceiling fan in the bedroom either.

The house has been up for sale. We need to have this on the way and it has been a little slow. However, if it would sell tomorrow I have to say we would probably go with the 2016 Anthem as we could get the right off the dealers lot at a good price. Regretfully, Entegra added too much to the MSRP of the 2017's so if the Newmar folks keep everything in perspective we will give the 2017 DS another look.

Regards

Jim

Quote:
One, as already pointed out, there were MAJOR changes made in 2016. I'm calculating that any changes for '17 will be confined to décor choices, maybe some minor design changes (like the DS dash?), perhaps a change in options vs standard amenities.

Two, if we wanted a '17 we wouldn't be able to even begin the process until the '17 specs were available. We'd have to start all over with Michelle on our specials, which include both décor and functional changes. Only after that process was done would our order be put in, at the end of the line. When would we finally get the coach? July? August? September?

Finally, this is likely our last big "live in" coach. Given the money we're spending, the quality we're expecting from Newmar, Spartan and Cummins, not to mention our ages and healthy life expectancy. That translates into an expected ownership timeline where another year's additional resale value won't amount to much more than the cost of a happy meal, likely to be offset by a price increase.

If you're looking for a new rig and can find a 2016 just the way you want it, I'm guessing you'll get a better deal on a year end model vs waiting for a 2017.
MoHoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:24 PM   #22

Syphon 360 should be added to the roof vents, Garnet Seelevel II tank monitoring system as an option, Water Spiket in the water bay, TPSM system should be an option, Multiplex lighting buttons easier to read, HDMI and RJ45 wiring thru out the coach.
These are just a few of my ideas.
tlc1244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:04 AM   #23

hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc1244 View Post
Syphon 360 should be added to the roof vents, Garnet Seelevel II tank monitoring system as an option, Water Spiket in the water bay, TPSM system should be an option, Multiplex lighting buttons easier to read, HDMI and RJ45 wiring thru out the coach.
These are just a few of my ideas.

HDMI and RJ45 wiring thru out the coach.
av_genie is offline   Reply With Quote