Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2016, 10:23 AM   #1

2017 King Aire delivery

Well it has been 5 months since ordering but it was worth the wait. Newmar and national Indoor RV did a fantastic job from the negotiating, choosing the materials, making changes on the build all the way to delivery.

DW and I decided to go with the new 4533 floor plan. We tend to spend a lot of time in the winter in one resort. Having the dinning table on the passenger side with two full flush slides works for us. Newmar built in a desk with all electrical for printers etc... They also installed a linen closet in the rear as well as lambright recliners. WE found Newmar easy to work with on the changes. If it can be done they will accommodate. Michelle and Ken W were great to work with. Angie and Todd at NIRV were also great to work with.

Outside colors are semi custom as well. I climbed all over the coach before it was even PDI and could not find any flaws in the work. After the PDI it even looked better. My compliments to the painting department at Newmar, no Swirls, no over sprays and clean crisp transitions between colors.

Some of the immediate observations. The ride is smooth and true. By going back to the K3 chassis and moving the heavy batteries and other items to the back of the bus I can feel the ride difference. In my opinion, having test driven previous years with the K3GT, the k3 chassis is smoother on rough roads. Once again only my opinion and comfort is in the eye of the beholder.

The 360 camera system is incredible. As the driver you have complete knowledge of your surroundings. With three 12.1 digital monitors (this includes the pop up screen on the silver leaf digital dash) you have more than enough angles to view before you enter a lane or change a lane. You can see cars in the rear, both sides and in front as you drive. Very cool feature. I was told but I have not counted yet there are 12 camera's overall on the coach.

The new Induction stove comes with a cover and can be removed when you want to cook outside. Well thought out feature. Having had one in the last coach resting on the counter top presented some challenges for DW.

The other immediate observation are the new HWH steps. Three of them to be exact. They are really nice and allow easier access up and down the stairs. They seam extremely robust and they have covers underneath to protect from the elements.

The above items are what you can see. I spent a good day going thru what people don't see. Yes the first thing I did was go on the roof and worked my way down. The work done on the roof, Newmar should be proud. Well done, neat and well thought out. Right up to the white Dometics AC helping with efficiency.

In the belly of the coach wiring was neat, tied down and labeled. Engine compartment well sealed and organized. Also I did see that newmar places mud flaps behind the tag and now covers up the side radiator area from below. That should protect the radiator from inhaling any flying debris. Front of the coach was also well organized as well. Generator easy to get to and sits on isolators to avoid any vibration. HWH mechanisms easy to view and check as well as spartan mechanicals.

AS you can tell by my writings I can get past the shiny stuff pretty quick and get into the weeds so to speak. Even though this is just one model of the newmar line I understand they are all built the same way.

The fourth picture of the cargo slides is a modification that I did so I can optimize the storage in the cargo area. I hate it when items fall off the cargo slides. By putting up the sides (made out of MDF and brushed Metal formica) I am able to stack and secure items. I don't want everyone to think Newmar installed the cargo slide that way.

All in all i will keep posting as things develop. I am new to the Newmar family and looking forward to the next chapter.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2016, 10:28 AM   #2

I posted these earlier but they didn't show up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 iphone 500.JPG
Views:	367
Size:	447.2 KB
ID:	141680   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 iphone 501.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	632.5 KB
ID:	141681  

Name:	2016 iphone 503.JPG
Views:	375
Size:	432.6 KB
ID:	141682   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 iphone 502.JPG
Views:	412
Size:	388.1 KB
ID:	141683  

Old 10-16-2016, 10:37 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Congratulations! That is one mean beast! Sick, as my kids would say...
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:54 AM   #4

Hey Lisa and Mike, What a ride! Beautiful color choice! Enjoy............

Peter
Old 10-16-2016, 11:36 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Beautiful. Congrats and enjoy.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:38 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Gorgeous coach! Will you be FT in it?
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:39 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Love you KING AIRE Owners some great idea's you put in your coach's and paint jobs.
Congratulations Lisa & Mike many happy safe miles and hours of enjoyment.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:43 PM   #8

Beautiful looking coach. Congratulations.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:19 PM   #9

Congrats, King Aire indeed!
Enjoy the new ride.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:11 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Beautiful coach, they were getting it ready for you when I was there last week. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your initial observations

John
2015 Newmar Mountain Aire 4503
2013 Jeep Wrangler Moab Edition
Josh2129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:45 AM   #11

Beautiful! Thanks, for posting the pictures.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:03 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the King Aire. I just did a review on one for an upcoming Family Motor Coaching magazine article. Those hew steps are really nice and they have sensors to auto-retract if they bump something (or someone). That 360 camera system is also a great system.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:54 PM   #13

Congrats! Alas don't the cargo doors on the passenger side seem much shorter with the flatfloor slide on the passenger side too?
univmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 11:25 AM   #14

Name:	IMG_0485.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	141871

Name:	IMG_0492.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	141872

Name:	IMG_0488.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	141873

Name:	IMG_0489.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	141874I am sure Cruzer will go into a lot more detail about the new 360 camera system in his upcoming FMCA article but I have others ask me what it is like.

I took some pictures of the system while in my driveway and it might give you a better idea of the features.

First off the coach has 3 screens on the dash board. Each screen is 12.1 inches. They are bright and can easily be seen by the pilot. When you are just driving down the road the digital dash screen shows everything that silverleaf has to offer for the driver. It can be customized to your preference easily by the driver as you are moving.

When you turn on the directional to take a left turn see photo 1 the digital dash displays a 360 view of your coach and anyone around you. It also displays your left side of the coach. same applies with a right turn on the digital dash. Once your direction is cancelled the digital dash goes back to monitoring the mechanicals of the coach.

Now if that wasn't enough info you have another monitor 12.1 inches that will display whatever configuration you desire as you are driving down the road. You have the same 360 degree view but you can also have the toad in the picture at the same time. If you don't like that configuration you can custom it to your liking.

The first picture is of the digital dash with left directional. The second picture is of the 3rd monitor showing a 360 view with the rear camera. The 3rd picture is of the digital dash with the right directional on. 4th picture is of the 3rd monitor showing the 360 view with concentration on the front of the coach. Again you can make it do whatever you want since there are 12 camera's located on the coach.

I hope i did not confuse anyone, but if you have the option to get this system I believe you will not regret it.