RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2019, 04:25 PM   #1

2017 Ventana Le 4037 Satellite and surround sound.

2017 Ventana Le 4037
I am the second owner of this coach and there are not many manuals. I purchased the coach from an estate and the family is not helpful. I connected my Direct TV to the automatic dish and was able to get TV. I connected the receiver H24 to two leads one a 75 ohm and the other to the HDMI cable.
I was able to view satellite programs on the TV above the dash and unable to get the sound through the Sony receiver model # unknown at this time .Sound only from the TV.
I tried all setting on the receiver to no avail. I suspect that I need to run a HDMI cable from the Direct TV receiver to the Sony amp input for the satellite and connect another HDMI cable to satellite output to the TV. I should be able to get surround sound on the front TV.
How do I get satellite signal to other TVs? How do I get the TV above the sofa to have surround sound?

Robert T is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2019, 03:32 AM   #2

Same exact model, that cabinet is pretty full. Newmar provided me with all of the drawings for entertainment. Everything should be in the cabinet that you need.

samsonsdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:20 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
There are so many things to check for the problem. I will try to list them, but first are you getting any TV audio from the sound system. Check the OTA channels and Bluray/DVD player. Only the main TV above the couch will send audio to the receiver. I don't have the over the dash TV, so I can't confirm this.

1) Check TV audio setting for audio being sent to the A/V receiver. You may have to turn off the TV audio. Also check for the Dolby Digital audio to be turned on.

2) Check your connections to the A/V receiver. This will be the hardest thing to do. There should be HDMI connections into the receiver and then out from the receiver to a HDMI splitter that sends the video to each TV.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:17 AM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
On most Newmars I've dealt with, the front TV is NOT the main TV. The surround system is only connected to the main TV, usually one on a televator. If you want surround on that front TV you'll need to connect it. You might be able to run an optical cable from the sat receiver to the surround system and accomplish what you want.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite, vent, ventana