Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2018, 04:17 PM   #15

its a good list.....

if i had known that the new aire window could be specialed in, i would have done it...that is the only thing i wish i had....maybe on the next coach !

do you need the closet pole in the top bunk ? i omitted that....it gives more room up there...

and i don't know what they are charging you to vent the microwave....but i find that the midship fantastic fan, with the kitchen window open, draws out the steam and cooking smells very well....having another through point in the wall, and all it entails, from heat loss to maintenance to possible water entry....is it really necessary ?
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2018, 04:17 PM   #16

its a good list.....

if i had known that the new aire window could be specialed in, i would have done it...that is the only thing i wish i had....maybe on the next coach !

do you need the closet pole in the top bunk ? i omitted that....it gives more room up there...

and i don't know what they are charging you to vent the microwave....but i find that the midship fantastic fan, with the kitchen window open, draws out the steam and cooking smells very well....having another through point in the wall, and all it entails, from heat loss to maintenance to possible water entry....is it really necessary ?
Old 03-14-2018, 04:20 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimik View Post

- The wardrobe right beside the half bath, added 5 shelves to use as a second pantry

- Ordered the extendable dinette with two folding chairs - chairs to be covered with matching leather of the dinette and couch

- Had the headboard fabric to be the matching leather (dinette and couch)

The drawers are a good idea. It’ll be used for kids clothes and stuff so having pullouts will be good for maxing out storage.

Good call on headboard. I think we’re going to bring in some New Aire leather and fabrics as well as countertops. King Aire wood tile floors are going in too.
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:23 PM   #18

2018 Dutch Star 4326 Build :: Input Needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willipaul View Post
its a good list.....

Bunk closet pole will get deleted for sure. I’d like to have the factory make some storage boxes/shelving in the bunks somehow for kids stuff. The big kitchen window is a must and thankful they allow it. Makes a huge difference.

You raise some good points on venting the micro to exterior. What micro/convection do you have? Some people have swapped the standard whirlpool for a GE advantium I believe.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:26 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpecks View Post
Closet pole will get deleted. Big kitchen Window is a must and thankful they allow it. Makes a huge difference.

You raise some good points on venting the micro to exterior. What micro/convection do you have? Some people have swapped the standard whirlpool for a GE advantium I believe.
i have the standard unit.....

no problems so far......but not many hours on it, either.....
Old 03-14-2018, 07:41 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club

On our 17 DS4310 we did:

-King Aire floors
-Tripod satellite (when Dish on roof is blocked we can use the portable Tailgater)
-Had outside TV satellite wired to bedroom satellite receiver. This is personal choice as we tailgate a lot so it allows us to watch different channels outside & on front TV’s inside
-One we didn’t do but would of if known is had our double kitchen sinks in stainless rather than how it comes (white-off white)
-Also wish we’d known about black dash as we would of gotten that as well
-Something else to consider is upgrading leather to higher line

We also did our build through Independence, great experience! If you can try to make it up to factory for build. I went all 4 days & it was an amazing experience!
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:39 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsudelt View Post
On our 17 DS4310 we did:

-King Aire floors
-Tripod satellite (when Dish on roof is blocked we can use the portable Tailgater)
-Had outside TV satellite wired to bedroom satellite receiver. This is personal choice as we tailgate a lot so it allows us to watch different channels outside & on front TV’s inside
-One we didn’t do but would of if known is had our double kitchen sinks in stainless rather than how it comes (white-off white)
-Also wish we’d known about black dash as we would of gotten that as well
-Something else to consider is upgrading leather to higher line

We also did our build through Independence, great experience! If you can try to make it up to factory for build. I went all 4 days & it was an amazing experience!

We aren’t sure about our entertainment needs at this point. That’s the biggest question mark; what electronics to rig the coach with.

I have optioned to have the double stainless sink. Not sure what they are installing now, but we do like the double/divided sink.

Black dash is on the list for sure as well as upgraded leather. We like a lot of the new selections for the New Aire. We will probably go with the lightest color leather w Bermuda cabinets and king Aire floors with light countertops.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:44 PM   #22
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Love our heated floors.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:07 AM   #23

Are the basement trays considered an essential item?? It feels like you can store more things in there without them. How much of a convenience they are is up for debate.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:13 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Are the basement trays considered an essential item?? It feels like you can store more things in there without them. How much of a convenience they are is up for debate.

I only ordered the one 1/2 tray, the large one that pulls out on either side limits you to items not tall then the frame rails and eats up several inches of that space to the frame. The carpeted bay floor let’s things slide easy and I can have taller items that are less used on the DS side. Some have looked in to two trays so that they only pull out on one side each.
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:37 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
In our DS we got the Essex leather, flooring and wall board and all leather around the windows NO FABRIC which I think gives it a more high-end look... KA Back splashes though out and paint... We also got the larger kitchen window which is a must..LA counter tops... MA headboard in the master I think it had the nicest texture... In the wardrobe closets we hand them added 2 shelves to each closet since we have the 4369 which has a large enough closet in the rear of the coach for our needs... Black dash and 360 camera set up... In motion satellite for when we are driving and the traveler for when we are parked so we can get HD signal since we have DirecTV... I also had them added a 30amp plug in the elect bay for hooking up a trailer... The one mistake we made was getting the full slide tray it limits the height of thing you can put in there and be able to pull it out... I would have gotten the 1/2 tray if I knew better when ordering... And don't forget the heated floors it is a must!!!!
Sicduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:38 AM   #26

Quote:
i have one....in the largest pass through compartment.....

if i did it again, i would skip it....

you do lose storage space, and if you want to slide it both directions, you lose the ability to put taller stuff on the camping side of the coach.....
Old 03-15-2018, 08:14 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicduc View Post
In our DS we got the Essex leather, flooring and wall board and all leather around the windows NO FABRIC which I think gives it a more high-end look... KA Back splashes though out and paint... We also got the larger kitchen window which is a must..LA counter tops... MA headboard in the master I think it had the nicest texture... In the wardrobe closets we hand them added 2 shelves to each closet since we have the 4369 which has a large enough closet in the rear of the coach for our needs... Black dash and 360 camera set up... In motion satellite for when we are driving and the traveler for when we are parked so we can get HD signal since we have DirecTV... I also had them added a 30amp plug in the elect bay for hooking up a trailer... The one mistake we made was getting the full slide tray it limits the height of thing you can put in there and be able to pull it out... I would have gotten the 1/2 tray if I knew better when ordering... And don't forget the heated floors it is a must!!!!

Wow! Thanks so much!! Great idea for leather in the window valances. DW dislikes every fabric option out there.

Great advice on the trays everyone! Confirmed my thoughts and suspicions.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:16 AM   #28

I love black coaches so I did a quick photoshop. We’d do the mountain Aire paint theme w custom colors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4391.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	195593  

Tags
dutch star