Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2017, 11:23 AM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
I’m only concerned with my 1 year old coach I get from you each year. I’ll have to get back to you. We have to coordinate these purchases ya know [emoji16]

I can do the ‘19 LA then ‘20 Essex. I’ll compromise.

Neal your vision of the Essex appears to be 2020 [emoji6]
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2017, 11:58 AM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
My phone dropped and this happened.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4143.png
Views:	132
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	178878   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4144.png
Views:	135
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	178879  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4145.png
Views:	139
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	178880   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4146.png
Views:	141
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	178881  

NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:28 PM   #45

Spending our first night in out 2018 DSDP 4327;. So far we really like it. We will be spending the next couple days in the dealers campground unloading our stuff from the old to the new. I will give a more detailed review once we have been in it for a bit.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:23 PM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzee2020 View Post
We were at the factory for 2 days last week. Took factory tour both Monday and Tuesday mornings. I saw one complete 4327 with a beautiful paint job completed and ready for shipment to Canada. In addition, I saw 2 others being built on the production line. It is certainly a great new floor plan.
Glad to hear more 4327s are being built. Didn't see any besides mine when I was at the factory last month. Picked mine up yesterday. Really pleased with the floor plan.
Dahai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:31 PM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelanger View Post
Also you 4327 guys, there is no wall clock like in the brochure. Apparently we don't need one. You gotta laugh at some of this stuff...

Obviously these are the risks of being an early adopter. Woe is me...
Oh, now I know. Thanks for that info. On my specials I asked them to provide the wall items but leave them unmounted. When I picked up the coach yesterday a painting was on the floor of the rear closet, but I didn't see the clock anywhere. Thought they short-changed me.
Dahai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:31 PM   #48
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Looking at trading up to a 4327. Seems Dutch Star is the only one with this floor plan. Looking at the set up it appears that no water lines, including the oasis move with the slideouts. I consider this a plus on the maintenance side.

For those with this coach, how well does the heating/cooling balance in the coach?

Any issues with this being a “first year” production?

We purchased a coach that newmar only made for one year and it seems the engineering of the coach was, well not thought out well. We got the factory to fix some obvious engineering mistakes. We call this letting the first buyers do your beta testing. Sucks, but is the way modern manufacturing seems to be going, even tradition companies like Newmar.

Of course as brutally honest as forum members are, I look forward to some good info.
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:33 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
I saw this floor plan in a Ventana last year. This is the first year for the Dutch star.
Not sure if it was the exact floor plan but it had the angled kitchen.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:38 PM   #50
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
No, don’t think the 4327 was ever offered in a Ventana. This year for sure only on a DSDP
Old 10-08-2017, 09:42 PM   #51
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
The 3725 is the only 2016 VTDP we know of with an angled kitchen. On of the features we really love on ours.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:47 PM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMH View Post
The 3725 is the only 2016 VTDP we know of with an angled kitchen. On of the features we really love on ours.
Ok, might have been that one. We were just walking around the parking lot while waiting for Service and happened into a coach with the angled kitchen and the DW realized she could reach into the cupboards over the sink.

Then while ordering the 4369 this year I happened to see the 4327. Passed over it initialy because of the smaller shower, but then I realized that kitchen was what we saw plus the larger half bath. Bingo...
Old 10-08-2017, 10:03 PM   #53
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
My 4’8” DW fell in love with the ability to reach everything in the 4327. She has to use a stool, or stand on bed, to reach some things in our current coach (reason we are looking to upgrade).

How is your coach working out? Our big question on the 4325 is how is the oasis set up. On the 3725, they did a very poor job of setting the system up. Talked with the oasis folks and they though Newmar really screwed up the way they installed the system. Newmar told us the system was installed in a way to make it easier for production, not necessarily usability.

At least they were honest, but wish they were honest before we bought.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:13 PM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
My 4’8” DW fell in love with the ability to reach everything in the 4327. She has to use a stool, or stand on bed, to reach some things in our current coach (reason we are looking to upgrade).

How is your coach working out? Our big question on the 4325 is how is the oasis set up. On the 3725, they did a very poor job of setting the system up. Talked with the oasis folks and they though Newmar really screwed up the way they installed the system. Newmar told us the system was installed in a way to make it easier for production, not necessarily usability.

At least they were honest, but wish they were honest before we bought.
Not sure how to answer your question. The oasis seems to be exactly the same as the 2017 4018 as far as function. Don’t have any idea about plumbing if that’s what you mean. I wish I could chose for the Automatic heat to go to furnace first and skip the heat pump. So at night I switch the thermostat to furnace then to cool in the morning. There are two program modes which I thought would work but the outside temp doesn’t always cooperate with the program. I even tried to get regular air conditioners without heat pumps but no dice. Heated floors and furnace are all you need. Would be great if you could have the heated floors on a thermostat too.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:27 PM   #55
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Yep, if we order one heated floors are a must.

How do you like the spartan chassis? Have you driven a Freightliner to compare?
Old 10-08-2017, 10:52 PM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Yep, if we order one heated floors are a must.

How do you like the spartan chassis? Have you driven a Freightliner to compare?
I put 10,000 miles on the 2017 4018 freightliner and really enjoyed it. I think it turned sharper but didn’t ride as good as this Spartan . But the 4327 is 3 feet longer and has 365 instead of 315s up front so I would expect that. I feel the Spartan doesn’t lean into the corners as much. I like that. The Spartan airs up quicker. I like the instrument panel much better in the Spartan. More info and nicer look . The Spartan network seems friendlier to RVs but I can’t confirm because I haven’t used them. Freightliner is definitely more for truckers. I really hated the dust storms I created in the freightliner and looking forward to seeing how the Spartan performs there. The outside tv is where the pegboard was in the 4018 and I think I’m going to like not having to look up so high and sometimes into the sun during my naps. My only concern was that I wasn’t getting the bigger 4369 shower but this one is just right. Very happy with it plus the water warm up feature is great. The extra floor heat in the bedroom slide out is very nice too. Too bad they didn’t go all the way with it. Maybe some day they’ll find recliners that actually work in the spaces they provide. They need wall huggers. The auto fill water actually works this year, last year was hit and miss. And the sanicon is a sweet upgrade. I hear the sound system isn’t great but it’s fine with me. Now if they would put gas pistons on the generator opening up front and hang down mirrors they’d have a pretty decent machine.

Tags
dutch star