Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2018, 06:41 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
The wiring mess is now relocated to the bays. They have so much wiring there for the AV, it is a nightmare.

Oh, and the dash wiring will make you cringe too. I found boxes just laying loose on top of the wiring. Several for KIB and the omni360 controller. Going to spend the afternoon cleaning the wiring up.
redbaron73 ... can you send some pictures of it after you get the clean-up completed?

FLSteve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2018, 06:43 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie. View Post
redbaron idea: centramatics $530;
sonos beam, ones, sub woofer $1299
and I don't even have the coach yet...
Ernie ... does this cover all wheels ??? centramatics $530

FLSteve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:47 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
How do you get that top panel off? Do you just pry/pop it off?

Is that the same with the panel in front of the radio? I've been thinking about trying to add a remote monitor, but I need to either pig tail the video going from 360 module to radio, or if there is two video outs, plug into that.

I'm also thinking about adding a wifi dongle to radio, so have been wondering how I get to the back of the radio. It looks like popping that panel (not sure my Ventana has that top panel) would do it.

The dash panels are attached with Velcro. Easy to access.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:47 AM   #18

Centramatic Wheel Balancers (Rear/Trailer) 183.00 1 183.00
#600-640
Centramatic Wheel Balancers (Front/Rear/Trailer) 168.00 1 168.00
#800-820
Centramatic Wheel Balancers (Front) #700-720 168.00 1 168.00

Sub-Total: $519.00
Ground/Basic Shipping: $0.00
Total: $519.00

Florida Shores Truck Center tip by Dutch Star Don
part numbers by RedBaron73
Ernie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:53 AM   #19

At least you have top access to the dash wiring. The 18 Dutch star doesn’t so you have to access it by taking the dash displays out or the whole panel off...
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:25 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpecks View Post
At least you have top access to the dash wiring. The 18 Dutch star doesn’t so you have to access it by taking the dash displays out or the whole panel off...
Going by memory on how my dash looks, I'm thinking my ventana doesn't have a top panel.

So, in that case, does the front panel around the radio and backup monitor also attach with Velcro and is just pulled off, or is it using automotive push in or something else.

Are the steps to remove radio:

1. Remove panel that surrounds it
2. Unscrew and remove radio
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:16 AM   #21

2019 AV wiring Cat6

Quote:
Going by memory on how my dash looks, I'm thinking my ventana doesn't have a top panel.

So, in that case, does the front panel around the radio and backup monitor also attach with Velcro and is just pulled off, or is it using automotive push in or something else.

Are the steps to remove radio:

1. Remove panel that surrounds it

2. Unscrew and remove radio
My 2018 has cat6 running from the back tv to the outside tv. I had additional hdmis ran to the outside tv as well that provide additional options which are located under the sink area (inconvenient). The way I rearranged it is I can now have the outside tv play whatever is on the front or the back tv. I added a 4 way switch in the AC cabinet up front that I use to select a multitude of devices (Apple TV, Amazon firestick, dvd, Xbox).

Not meaning to derail the thread. The radio will come out without removing the whole surround. It usually comes out with special flat tools or a couple of screws. The dash surround is held on by screws. It’s not a huge deal but everything else is attached to it so you have to support it and make sure nothing comes unplugged.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8464.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	329.6 KB
ID:	221202
Old 10-02-2018, 10:57 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpecks View Post

Not meaning to derail the thread. The radio will come out without removing the whole surround.
Attachment 221202
Is it just a pry with plastic tools or is a special tool needed like some cars. I want to add a wireless 2nd monitor to the xite and getting to the connectors for the xite would be wonderful.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 11:12 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Is it just a pry with plastic tools or is a special tool needed like some cars. I want to add a wireless 2nd monitor to the xite and getting to the connectors for the xite would be wonderful.

I don’t have the xite so I’m not certain. The Sony was 4 screws and I installed an aftermarket Kenwood. There is plenty of room behind to do whatever you need. I even found some extra 12v terminal ends that I used to install a 12v socket on the dash.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:19 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Exactly what I want to do and need to get behind radio for.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:43 PM   #25

Quote:
Exactly what I want to do and need to get behind radio for.
Do you have a wireless 2nd monitor lined up?

What can you do with that monitor?
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 04:38 PM   #26
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"redbarron73"......Does the left side dash panel come off the same way (where the phone charger is located). Would make mounting my laptop much easier.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 04:53 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
"redbarron73"......Does the left side dash panel come off the same way (where the phone charger is located). Would make mounting my laptop much easier.
No it does not, but I will investigate how easily this does come up. The new dash is multiple pieces, bolted together. it seems that it would be much simpler to customize within this dash...and hopefully much easier to clean up the mess.

Another new mess is the driver / passenger seats. The mess of cables are so tight that it was impossible to rotate the seats. I had to cut a bunch of zip ties just to rotate, and now need to figure out how to keep them intact.

I would add this to my list, but I already have so many items on the list, I am in jeopardy of not getting the coach done by Friday, so I am doing this type cleanup myself.
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:02 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
No it does not, but I will investigate how easily this does come up. The new dash is multiple pieces, bolted together. it seems that it would be much simpler to customize within this dash...and hopefully much easier to clean up the mess.

Another new mess is the driver / passenger seats. The mess of cables are so tight that it was impossible to rotate the seats. I had to cut a bunch of zip ties just to rotate, and now need to figure out how to keep them intact.

I would add this to my list, but I already have so many items on the list, I am in jeopardy of not getting the coach done by Friday, so I am doing this type cleanup myself.
If you are going to share your list once you are out of there, I look forward to the learning opportunity.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, wiring