Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2018, 05:56 PM   #1

2019 Bay Star models.....

Seems like many people start a thread by the Newmar model they have or are interested in getting. Figured I would do the same for the 2019 Bay Star models.

As I have questions, get information, pics, build sheets/options and other information I will post it here and request that you do the same

Thanks.

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2018, 06:03 PM   #2

Thanks for starting this thread. We have been considering the 3401 and almost got the 2018 model toward the end of the season. We decided to wait until the 2019 came out to see if they changed some of the things that bothered us. We are so glad we did. They really nailed it this year.

Most of the options we wanted are now standard. The most welcome change IMHO is the recessed cook top!!!
M8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M8tor View Post
Thanks for starting this thread. We have been considering the 3401 and almost got the 2018 model toward the end of the season. We decided to wait until the 2019 came out to see if they changed some of the things that bothered us. We are so glad we did. They really nailed it this year.

Most of the options we wanted are now standard. The most welcome change IMHO is the recessed cook top!!!
Isn't that amazing and there was no way you were getting that cook top in a 2018 period. That really brought a smile to my face.

I too was almost ready at the end of January to order but still had to fine tune things which I am trying to do now. Then the onslaught of work came one after the other, it is really hard to get out from under and wind things down. I figured Father will look out for me and I would wait for the 2019. Boy did he certainly look out for me Just came up for air last week...good timing I guess. I wasn't in a rush anyway and would like take delivery at the factory by this September so it all has worked out quite well for me

Now they did have to throw that new 3626 in the mix....lol. I have my 35 foot limit though and the 3401 at 34 11 is really a perfect size for me to get into many campgrounds, national forests and still go boondocking. I am sure there will be the occasional RV park but that style RVing doesn't really suit me. I know it is only 2 feet more and if they were to throw in a 26,000 chassis I would have to think more about it but I digress

Actually I am picking my toad next week. A 2012 Jeep Liberty jet. Sort of have things a little backwards Hopefully this thread will grow for Bay Star owners and those looking at them. In my opinion Newmar is a great coach after spending many hours researching over the last year and a half.

Cheers!

Daniel
Old 05-23-2018, 08:19 PM   #4

So are there any other Bay Star inquires or owners out there that have thoughts or experiences with the Bay Star models they would like to share?

Daniel
Old 05-26-2018, 02:22 PM   #5

2019 Bat Star floor plans anyone?

Daniel
Old 05-26-2018, 06:00 PM   #6

Interested in seeing the 3419 full wall slide bunk model, similar in some ways to my Winnie, like the idea of stepping up to Newmar at some point. Not crazy about the door and awning placement, wish they would do a more mid entry and not have awning arm go up middle of passenger window. Better yet go with armless awnings.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:16 PM   #7

Carolina Campers
Where can you see the new models?
jk70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 07:18 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrell View Post
Interested in seeing the 3419 full wall slide bunk model, similar in some ways to my Winnie, like the idea of stepping up to Newmar at some point. Not crazy about the door and awning placement, wish they would do a more mid entry and not have awning arm go up middle of passenger window. Better yet go with armless awnings.

I thought the same thing with the awning arms splitting the window, but if like our 2018 it is a sliding window like the driver side and to me not really noticeable at all.

I don’t like that they went to shorter and narrower bunks to fit in the full wall slide. Ours are 76” long so I have no worries about my kids outgrowing the bunks in their teen years (we are a short family lol).
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:27 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by We_B_Tripn View Post
I thought the same thing with the awning arms splitting the window, but if like our 2018 it is a sliding window like the driver side and to me not really noticeable at all.

I don’t like that they went to shorter and narrower bunks to fit in the full wall slide. Ours are 76” long so I have no worries about my kids outgrowing the bunks in their teen years (we are a short family lol).
Good to know its not noticeable on the awning, still seems like odd placement, like they are trying too hard to have the door up front behind passenger seat. I really like my Winnie with the door right in the middle of awning. Wish there where more mid entry DP's too. Love the desk my gasser has in front of passenger seat, think Newmar gassers have a fold out desk too?

Did you see bunk dimensions somewhere? Can't find much info on 3419, like that the Baystar has 24k chassis. Like the bunks on driver side, like my current coach. Kids are small, but we are not a short family, so short bunks could be an issue later on.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:34 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk70 View Post
Where can you see the new models?
https://www.mountcomfortrv.com/2019-Newmar-Motorhomes

The link is bad to the Baystar floorplans, you have to right click open image in new tab to see it bigger.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:48 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
RV Direct has the floor plans. The bunks show as 27”x72”. Ours are 30”x76”. The width is the real killer. 2019 has a larger awning which is nice. We have the desk at the passenger seat, which kids love to use going down the road. I don’t think they got rid of it.
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote