RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-13-2018, 08:25 AM   #155
Senior Member
 
Stuart W's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: LA CA
Posts: 5,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
No updated timeline, still stuck in QC. Closing in on about three weeks in QC I think (four weeks since it finished main manufacturing). I did get an update last week that they were waiting on several parts, but no estimated time frame for release?


This seems unusual, at this point if I were you, I would be demanding answers on what areas have failed to pass QC that are requiring 4 weeks of repairs. Paint? What parts, you should have a right to know.
IMHO. Stuart
__________________

__________________

2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan!
2017 Jeep Wrangler Smoky Mountain
2016 Canyon Star 3710 SOLD
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2018, 09:53 AM   #156
Senior Member
 
tnedator's Avatar


 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
This seems unusual, at this point if I were you, I would be demanding answers on what areas have failed to pass QC that are requiring 4 weeks of repairs. Paint? What parts, you should have a right to know.
IMHO. Stuart
They are waiting on parts. One is a Spartan part (probably comes with being a Spartan/Ventana beta tester) and then I wasn't given specifics on a couple interior parts they said they are waiting on. Earlier this morning I asked the dealer to go back and see if we can get a timeline. I'm waiting to hear back.
__________________

__________________
2019 VTDP 4369 (Spartan)
Wrangler JKU / M&G Braking / Rock Hard Bumper
2018 Thor ACE 30.3
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:19 AM   #157
Senior Member
 
plane's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
They are waiting on parts. One is a Spartan part (probably comes with being a Spartan/Ventana beta tester) and then I wasn't given specifics on a couple interior parts they said they are waiting on. Earlier this morning I asked the dealer to go back and see if we can get a timeline. I'm waiting to hear back.
If my memory serves me your dealer is Coachlight, you will be in good hands and they will take care of you for your delivery inspections and any warranty issues you may have. Good luck and enjoy it when it comes
__________________
Jim Mefford
2018 New Aire 3343
plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:22 AM   #158
Senior Member
 
tnedator's Avatar


 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by plane View Post
If my memory serves me your dealer is Coachlight, you will be in good hands and they will take care of you for your delivery inspections and any warranty issues you may have. Good luck and enjoy it when it comes
It is, and I feel very confident both in what I've read on here, but also my experience to date.

For instance, they want three days after the coach arrives to prep it, and then want me to spend three days there for the PDI and so they can address anything that I find that they didn't. With two other dealers I spoke with, they wanted to do a few hour PDI/handover and send me on my way.
__________________
2019 VTDP 4369 (Spartan)
Wrangler JKU / M&G Braking / Rock Hard Bumper
2018 Thor ACE 30.3
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:49 AM   #159
Senior Member
 
Stuart W's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: LA CA
Posts: 5,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
They are waiting on parts. One is a Spartan part (probably comes with being a Spartan/Ventana beta tester) and then I wasn't given specifics on a couple interior parts they said they are waiting on. Earlier this morning I asked the dealer to go back and see if we can get a timeline. I'm waiting to hear back.


Ok great! Just want to make sure your getting taken care of.
__________________

2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan!
2017 Jeep Wrangler Smoky Mountain
2016 Canyon Star 3710 SOLD
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:07 PM   #160
Senior Member
 
Ken C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fulltime, Formally SF Bay Area
Posts: 275
We were at CN last week for service. I was informed by a service employee that they had about 40 coaches waiting on parts that can not yet be shipped. Also during the factory tour we were told that production will increase from 10 per day to 11 beginning this week.
__________________
Ken C
2018 Dutch Star 4052 Spartan
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Ken C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 12:09 PM   #161
Senior Member
 
Stuart W's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: LA CA
Posts: 5,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Also during the factory tour we were told that production will increase from 10 per day to 11 beginning this week.


Oh boy!
__________________

2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan!
2017 Jeep Wrangler Smoky Mountain
2016 Canyon Star 3710 SOLD
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:57 PM   #162
Senior Member
 
tnedator's Avatar


 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
Ok great! Just want to make sure your getting taken care of.
Ish. It's still vague.
__________________
2019 VTDP 4369 (Spartan)
Wrangler JKU / M&G Braking / Rock Hard Bumper
2018 Thor ACE 30.3
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:41 PM   #163
Senior Member
 
tnedator's Avatar


 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
We were at CN last week for service. I was informed by a service employee that they had about 40 coaches waiting on parts that can not yet be shipped. Also during the factory tour we were told that production will increase from 10 per day to 11 beginning this week.
This must be what I'm caught up in.
__________________
2019 VTDP 4369 (Spartan)
Wrangler JKU / M&G Braking / Rock Hard Bumper
2018 Thor ACE 30.3
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:47 PM   #164
Senior Member
 
Boomer's Avatar


 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
This must be what I'm caught up in.
I am hoping these issues are solved by the time my Beta Ventana on Spartan is started, it is supposed to be in chassis build the 23rd, hopefully they get all their parts.
__________________
Bob and Terri
2019 Ventana 4037 Spartan, 2018 JL Wrangler Sahara
State College, PA
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 05:58 AM   #165
Senior Member
 
tnedator's Avatar


 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I am hoping these issues are solved by the time my Beta Ventana on Spartan is started, it is supposed to be in chassis build the 23rd, hopefully they get all their parts.
Hopefully so.

If they have 40 coaches waiting on parts, it can't be something so common that all production is down, like LED lights, but instead must be parts that are less common.
__________________
2019 VTDP 4369 (Spartan)
Wrangler JKU / M&G Braking / Rock Hard Bumper
2018 Thor ACE 30.3
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:38 PM   #166
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 89
Just got word our DS arrives at our dealer tomorrow. Exciting time for us.
__________________
2019 Dutch Star 4018 on order. Spartan.
chago is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:43 PM   #167
Senior Member
 
tnedator's Avatar


 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by chago View Post
Just got word our DS arrives at our dealer tomorrow. Exciting time for us.
I jumped out to a lead, and you are cruising across the finish line as I'm stuck in the pits.
__________________
2019 VTDP 4369 (Spartan)
Wrangler JKU / M&G Braking / Rock Hard Bumper
2018 Thor ACE 30.3
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:27 PM   #168
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 89
You did! Dealer told me back in May when I ordered that it would arrive 8/15, and it will. Not sure how he pulled that one off. Hopefully yours will get resolved soon. I can feel your frustration!
__________________

__________________
2019 Dutch Star 4018 on order. Spartan.
chago is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2019 Ram 1500 vs 2019 Chevy 1500 vs 2018 F-150 tuffr2 Travel Trailer Discussion 112 11-15-2018 06:01 PM
2016 Newmar Deliveries Thread FRasco Newmar Owner's Forum 517 01-16-2017 08:55 PM
2015 Newmar coach deliveries thread newmarpusher Newmar Owner's Forum 578 09-26-2015 10:23 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.